A & E - Anthony Parents Speak 5.28.18

I'm just now watching this .. first thing I notice is George and Cindy looking at a photo album of Casey. "Awww she's so special"
Sorry if I'm repeating..

Ugh. Why weren't they looking at pictures of Caylee?

It seemed that Casey got exactly what she wanted from this situation. No use sugarcoating it. She won. They let her win and they are continuing to let her win. Any disadvantages to this situation, such as public opinion never mattered much to her anyway. She got out of that house that she hated, she never has to work again, she got back at her mom for her toxic behavior and got back at her father for acting like a "cop" and telling the truth during the grand jury indictment.

She probably thinks ridding herself of Caylee was the best decision she ever made.

Last edited:
A big thank you to those that watched. I can't bring myself to watch and listen to Cindy, so I graciously thank those that did watch and posted here. Right from the very beginning this case consumed so many. Living in Metro Orlando at the time I found my way to WS and the Caylee forum. We spent countless hours going over the documents with a fine tooth comb..Document Dump was always a great day here on the Caylee forum. I remember the great sleuthing we did, the cell phone pings, the computer records, the timeline of events that was created, the threat about the empty house on Brackenwood drive when the video of Dominic Casey searching the residence was released and so many many more. So again I wish to thank you for watching and posting.

Ugh. Why weren't they looking at pictures of Caylee?

It seemed that Casey got exactly what she wanted from this situation. No use sugarcoating it. She won. They let her win and they are continuing to let her win. Any disadvantages to this situation, such as public opinion never mattered much to her anyway. She got out of that house that she hated, she never has to work again, she got back at her mom for her toxic behavior and got back at her father for acting like a "cop" and telling the truth during the grand jury indictment.

She probably thinks ridding herself of Caylee was the best decision she ever made.

that is the worst part of this case: Casey got away with cold blooded murder of her
beautiful baby and her life (in her eyes) improved; so she was in a jail for a little while, for her it was worth it-- she has never felt so free- now that she does not have the burden of a child. i did not watch the program a I cannot stand any of them. i just feel sick when i see a photo of Casey. i want to throw up.

This is where I watched it. It's a weird link, but it was posted by John Alyward on FB and I trust his links.

Одноклассники
Thanks! I actually did a search for it (we have direct tv) and I was able to watch it on demand for free.

It's interesting how George and Cindy have stayed together through all that they've been through, especially considering that they're marriage had been a rocky one at one point. It seems like such an unhealthy relationship, but they really need each other to make it.....they have such a loose grip on reality.

I've always felt that Cindy has a very "unique" way about her in that she seems to, so easily, twist and distort reality into what she WANTS to believe is reality. No matter how badly I want to believe something is true, there is still logic that keeps me from being gullible and keeps me tethered to reality. I think that's how most people are. I'm really unable to understand Cindy. I can understand George better in that he seems to have a better grasp on reality. He seems to want to call a spade a spade. However, he just completely lets Cindy take the reigns on everything IMO. I can't imagine being in a marriage with someone who is as delusional as Cindy. They certainly don't talk to each other in a healthy way.

Every person is responsible for their own actions, I'm certainly not a 'blame the parents' kind of gal, but what a strange household to be raised in.

Thanks! I actually did a search for it (we have direct tv) and I was able to watch it on demand for free.

It's interesting how George and Cindy have stayed together through all that they've been through, especially considering that they're marriage had been a rocky one at one point. It seems like such an unhealthy relationship, but they really need each other to make it.....they have such a loose grip on reality.

I've always felt that Cindy has a very "unique" way about her in that she seems to, so easily, twist and distort reality into what she WANTS to believe is reality. No matter how badly I want to believe something is true, there is still logic that keeps me from being gullible and keeps me tethered to reality. I think that's how most people are. I'm really unable to understand Cindy. I can understand George better in that he seems to have a better grasp on reality. He seems to want to call a spade a spade. However, he just completely lets Cindy take the reigns on everything IMO. I can't imagine being in a marriage with someone who is as delusional as Cindy. They certainly don't talk to each other in a healthy way.

Every person is responsible for their own actions, I'm certainly not a 'blame the parents' kind of gal, but what a strange household to be raised in.

Everything you mentioned about Cindy reminds me of Casey. I think Casey picked up some of Cindy's bad habits. Unfortunately she's an evil sociopath on top of it. Not a good mix.

Everything you mentioned about Cindy reminds me of Casey. I think Casey picked up some of Cindy's bad habits. Unfortunately she's an evil sociopath on top of it. Not a good mix.

Yes, I also keep thinking about this bc having a child that is a sociopath can happen to anyone but the question is still, without the kind of parenting, would Caylee still be alive? The eraser killer type of a sociopath is a ticking timebomb but I have seen socios, who never hurt a fly, although they had someone who enabled their parasitic lifestyle. Reminds me of Burke Ramsey. You just don't know when and who gets in their way.

I finally got the time to sit down and watch their interview.. and I gotta say how disgusted I am with Cindy. Every single time George tried to express how he felt (against Casey), Cindy would try and shut him down. HE is the one who got thrown under the bus during the trial. I still remember it like it was yesterday. My mom and I both gasped when Jose said Caylee drowned. And that George disposed of her body. And in the interview Cindy STILL tries to contact her lying daughter even after she RECENTLY tried to insinuate that George may have killed her because Caylee was there with him then she was gone. I never agreed with how the anthonys were in those first few months.. but I never once suspected any foul doings on George’s part. He loved Caylee more than anything and it broke my heart to see the pain in his eyes and on his face 10 years later. And he’s right.. he and Cindy (mainly he) are the ones struggling every day with their granddaughters death while their daughter is out living the high life. Just.. grrrrrrrrrrr. Casey deserves to suffer. She let it happen, no matter what happened to Caylee. Casey failed her, as her mother. Period. I pray that one day George can find some peace and slowly start to move on. As for Cindy.. as long as she believes in Casey, she will have to live with the turmoil that is her life.

I finally got the time to sit down and watch their interview.. and I gotta say how disgusted I am with Cindy. Every single time George tried to express how he felt (against Casey), Cindy would try and shut him down. HE is the one who got thrown under the bus during the trial. I still remember it like it was yesterday. My mom and I both gasped when Jose said Caylee drowned. And that George disposed of her body. And in the interview Cindy STILL tries to contact her lying daughter even after she RECENTLY tried to insinuate that George may have killed her because Caylee was there with him then she was gone. I never agreed with how the anthonys were in those first few months.. but I never once suspected any foul doings on George’s part. He loved Caylee more than anything and it broke my heart to see the pain in his eyes and on his face 10 years later. And he’s right.. he and Cindy (mainly he) are the ones struggling every day with their granddaughters death while their daughter is out living the high life. Just.. grrrrrrrrrrr. Casey deserves to suffer. She let it happen, no matter what happened to Caylee. Casey failed her, as her mother. Period. I pray that one day George can find some peace and slowly start to move on. As for Cindy.. as long as she believes in Casey, she will have to live with the turmoil that is her life.

This trial was a zero sum game. Casey told so many lies that to acquit her of all serious charges the way they did, the jury had to ignore a LOT of evidence.

Caylee did not triple bag herself and throw herself away in the woods. Someone else had to be guilty of doing so so that Casey could be innocent. They had to not even see her as an accomplice (which to me is beyond the pale.) They had to believe that there was a possibility that everyone else was lying and that Casey, who behaved like a stone cold sociopath even while being interrogated by seasoned detectives, was somehow a victim in this.

Given Casey's track record and the fact that everyone else's stories more or less matched up and made sense, the only major discrepancies existed in Casey's multiple stories, I don't see how the jury could think there was a shred of truth in story #3.

Oh and then they had to ignore the car and all of the evidence of Casey dumping it and lying about the smell to her friends. Bottom line, like someone else said above, Casey was responsible for Caylee. Casey was obviously involved and there was no real evidence that anyone else helped her.

After ten years and still so many lies. And Cindy continues to blame George for Casey's actions. Sad, tragic, frustrating.

If Cindy really cared about what went wrong, she would take a good hard look at herself and how much she let Casey get away with over the years. But she doesn't. She wants to believe Casey's acquittal was a message from God and can't figure out why her oh so innocent daughter continues to shun her (IMO, because she's outlived her usefulness.)

Last edited:
I think the most interesting thing I gleaned from the show was when Cindy said on that Monday, she did not go in and say goodbye to Casey and Caylee before she left for work as was her normal habit. Casey's account differs from that because she says she had breakfast with her mom. And then she insinuates that she left Caylee with George, I think she says she left Caylee with someone she thought she could trust, before she left for "work".

Even when Casey's account differs from Cindy's recollection, Cindy still has doubts. She can not and will never accept the truth about her daughter. Truly a sad situation to be so blind.

Of course Casey said so many things that are false, how can anything she said ring with truth.

I am just finishing watching. I cannot believe these two have remained together!! I had to pause and walk away a few times due to Cindy’s non stop defense of her daughter. And belittling of George. Cindy was in control of that house hold and everything had to be her way including enabling and lying to him about their daughter. My heart will always ache for these two as they are/seem super dysfunctional to say the least. It’s my opinion George is the co dependent. I will always loathe Cindy although I am trying very hard to forgive her for not making sure Caylee was safe. Rest In Peace sweet baby girl!!

Jmo

Are George and Cindy really living together? It seemed to me if they are they just don't communicate at all. I got the feeling this was like a reunion. In 10 years time they haven't talked about things? Very strange. They of course had to show new pics for the $$$. It is always about the $$$ and lies. Never takes the bracelet off since they got them, wears them everyday BUT takes it off to leave at memorial that they don't want to remember where Caylee was found.

After this aired, Casey probably checked and recounted to make sure she was paid the correct amount for the many times she was shown in the pictures and videos during the show. Cindy and George were probably excited about how much money they were given from pictures and even using their own house for the broadcast. And, all of it just for spouting some nonsense. They are probably at this very time trying to figure a different angle they can use in order to get a new documentary aired. You can be sure that none of they money went toward their mortgage.

There should be a way to track for all these "expenses" the companies pay out when they are producing these documentaries.

Did you all catch the very end of the interview, right before it went to the credits, I swear I think Cindy thought the cameras were off. She said something like (paraphrased) 'Baez sure did a good job of getting her off' , and it wasn't just her words it was her demeanor. She seemed smug and had this little smirk on her face. Did anyone else catch that ?

I know Cindy lives in a world of denial but I also think she claims Caylee drowned, etc. just to suck up to her daughter. Sickening.

I didn’t catch that. It’s crazy how opposite George and Cindy are on their opinions of what happened. They sit there holding hands in the interview and I’m baffled. Aside from George’s gambling problem he seems like just a stand up, normal guy, while Cindy is just a confused, dysfunctional wreck!

Cindy is deeply attached to her denial. It is sad really. She just can not ever accept that her daughter, the child she raised, is a murderer. George knows she is and questions how they could have raised such a person.

Cindy has a pathology that pre-existed the murder. She still wants a relationship with Casey, despite Casey saying that George was the last person with Caylee. It is really a sickness. But, it isn't about Casey, it is about Cindy. It is an affront to how well she thinks of herself that her daughter is a murderer, so it is not allowed. She believes it reflects poorly on her. It is an ego thing, she isn't a stupid woman. Her ego will not allow her to be the mother of a murderer.

Cindy thinks someone else came into the house and made the 'fool proof suffocation" searches. She believes that whatever happened was an accident and it could have been that Caylee drowned in the pool. Really, she needs help. She is a mess, understandably so, but she needs help.

And, she is as mean to George as it gets.

I totally understand why they took the memorial down. It is not something to be remembered, it is the dumping sight of the child they loved with all their heart.

Casey's bit "I still don't know what happened".

She got this from her mother. They are so much alike.

Your post struck me, and I will share my thoughts...Whenever I ponder the things you stated, like Cindy not believing that CA killed Caylee etc, I think about the fact that she reported her missing. I think about how frantic she was by the time 31 days had rolled around. I always believed that she knew then what she claims not to believe now. She knew her daughter. She knew any strengths and weaknesses, regardless of what they showed outside of the house. I think Cindy knew that they were tumbling into a black hole the minute she dialed the number. jmvho

Your post struck me, and I will share my thoughts...Whenever I ponder the things you stated, like Cindy not believing that CA killed Caylee etc, I think about the fact that she reported her missing. I think about how frantic she was by the time 31 days had rolled around. I always believed that she knew then what she claims not to believe now. She knew her daughter. She knew any strengths and weaknesses, regardless of what they showed outside of the house. I think Cindy knew that they were tumbling into a black hole the minute she dialed the number. jmvho

Very true! Everything Cindy did on the 15th of July is hinting of the truth, her true feelings and thinking. She had seen all the pictures of her daughter partying around during those 31 days in the courtroom. She heard all the testimonies of KC' friends describing her behaviour. That alongside with the car and the items found with the baby, the ducktape, the comp-searches... more than enough to deliver a guilty verdict. It makes my blood boil, especially remembering when Cindy said that Casey is/was her best friend. You see the abnormalcy right here. The only reason I am not really sorry for GA is that he did not stand up for baby Caylee, not ever since.

I didn't watch the show because honestly, I just don't need the aggravation. But I've been reading all the comments here, and remembering when we were all watching this play out 10 years ago. Reading about the A's again, Cindy in particular, makes me as angry today as I was back in 2008-2010. I've always thought the main reason both Cindy and Casey got away with all the heinous things they did and said was very simply because no one at any point in their miserable lives had the guts to level with them and force them to take responsibility for their behavior, without backing down. If I ever run into either of those females, I will rise to that challenge. Before they die, both of them need someone "in their faces" telling them exactly who they are and what they've done, and calling B.S. each time they open their mouths to defend, obfuscate, and lie some more. They are very effective liars and manipulators, with no real challenge to their beliefs or behavior, which is why they continue to lie and manipulate. They are horrible human beings, both of them. George is a weakling who at least seems to have a conscience and will torture himself till he dies because he didn't protect his grandbaby from his evil daughter.

I didn't watch the show because honestly, I just don't need the aggravation. But I've been reading all the comments here, and remembering when we were all watching this play out 10 years ago. Reading about the A's again, Cindy in particular, makes me as angry today as I was back in 2008-2010. I've always thought the main reason both Cindy and Casey got away with all the heinous things they did and said was very simply because no one at any point in their miserable lives had the guts to level with them and force them to take responsibility for their behavior, without backing down. If I ever run into either of those females, I will rise to that challenge. Before they die, both of them need someone "in their faces" telling them exactly who they are and what they've done, and calling B.S. each time they open their mouths to defend, obfuscate, and lie some more. They are very effective liars and manipulators, with no real challenge to their beliefs or behavior, which is why they continue to lie and manipulate. They are horrible human beings, both of them. George is a weakling who at least seems to have a conscience and will torture himself till he dies because he didn't protect his grandbaby from his evil daughter.

Very well said. Great post!

Did you all catch the very end of the interview, right before it went to the credits, I swear I think Cindy thought the cameras were off. She said something like (paraphrased) 'Baez sure did a good job of getting her off' , and it wasn't just her words it was her demeanor. She seemed smug and had this little smirk on her face. Did anyone else catch that ?

I know Cindy lives in a world of denial but I also think she claims Caylee drowned, etc. just to suck up to her daughter. Sickening.
I saw it and it stuck out to me. I honestly feel like Cindy had SOMETHING to do with it all. I don’t think she harmed Caylee, but I think Casey confided in her about what did happen and Cindy had some sort of role. Look how hard she’s tried to “clear” Casey’s name over the years.. she knows something.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back