Sidney & Tammy Moorer, Indicted on conspiracy to kidnap Heather Elvis, 25 Apr 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Miss America Organization, a 501(c)4 non-profit organization, is the nation’s leading advocate for women’s education and the largest provider of scholarship assistance to young women in the United States, awarding millions of dollars annually in cash awards and in-kind tuition waivers.

Hope Morgan gets a good share of those scholarships!

Closing arguments concluded in Sidney Moorer obstruction of justice trial, jury to be charged

Did we ever find out what the "something " was that Tammy's cousin testified to in the obstruction case? It was something that Sidney had shown him. Could these new charges be related to that? IIRC, he wasn't allowed to fully disclose everything about it at that time-only what pertianed to the obstruction case. Anyone else remember something like that?

Yes... here it is...
Tammy’s cousin, Donald DeMarino, testified that Moorer showed him something on a cellphone related to the case after Moorer was released from jail. DeMarino told the court he had been jailed multiple times in Horry County, and was approached by a detective while jailed on a failure to appear charge. “I was in a dark place in this time in my life,” he said when asked why he didn’t come forward previously. “I didn’t know what to do. … I held it in for so long.” He was not able to tell the court the alleged evidence he was shown.

Moorer found guilty in obstruction trial, sentenced to 10 years

One day this pair is going to get what's due to them. One day they'll understand the fear, the pain, the betrayal that Heather's family has been forced to deal with. Knowing they have children of their own, I don't know how they can put this on another family. It's not human.

May they both be stuck in separate prison cells for many, many years!

Yes... here it is...
Tammy’s cousin, Donald DeMarino, testified that Moorer showed him something on a cellphone related to the case after Moorer was released from jail. DeMarino told the court he had been jailed multiple times in Horry County, and was approached by a detective while jailed on a failure to appear charge. “I was in a dark place in this time in my life,” he said when asked why he didn’t come forward previously. “I didn’t know what to do. … I held it in for so long.” He was not able to tell the court the alleged evidence he was shown.

Moorer found guilty in obstruction trial, sentenced to 10 years
I think he is the crux to the new proceedings...

Didn't know "where" to post this - I hope it's okay over here!

Woman led police on a chase, slammed into police car before being shot by Tarrant officer

It all started around 9:05 p.m. Monday night when officers reportedly pulled over 32-year-old Tammy Moorer for her tail lights being out. That’s when officials say Moorer led police on a chase from Sloan Ave to N Springdale Rd.

Moorer reportedly tried to escape again and was driving towards officers when she hit a patrol car. Tarrant Police Officers fired shots at that time, hitting Moorer.
[.....]
Moorer was taken to UAB Hospital to be treated for her injuries. She has since been released and is in the Jefferson County Jail.

more at link....

Unless the age is wrong in the article, this is a different Tammy Moorer. The woman who got shot by police is 32 according to the article, and the Tammy Moorer involved in Heather's case is over 40.

Oops - sorry about that - too late to delete...
doh-smiley.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member