FOUND DECEASED - WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
SW itemization commonly includes for collection of impression record from specified objects discovered in specified locations based on the assumed crime: with an abduction / kidnapping scene it is reasonable to assume footprint and/or tire print evidence and that reasonable assumption is enough to satisfy warrant requirements. The phrase included in the Golder SW was entirely unnecessary for to obtain approval so why was it included?

...."may be similar to those found at the crime scene."

AFAIK, LE had never publicly revealed an abduction (or other) crime scene location (excluding the recent remains discovery location) but the phrase in the SW seems to suggest otherwise.

The closest to a potential crime scene is the reported location of the last known sighting of LB: on Maple, between 6th and 5th Streets. There are no sidewalks in the location so we may safely assume LB was last seen walking on the street asphalt, possibly leaving footprints along the way... mixed in with all other footprints, tire, bicycle and motorcycle tracks. If the "last known sighting" location is the assumed crime scene, any impression evidence collected from that particular scene would do little to bolster a case for conviction... too many footprints and other tracks to be used for valid comparisons.
View attachment 135570

Again, we're left with: where was the crime scene and what was discovered within?

Yeah, it strikes me as an odd thing to mention in the first place and an odd way to phrase it unless they do know where she was taken, or some other connection to the crime.

Anyone have any more of an idea about where she was found other than "around" Forest Service Road 3100 between Barber Springs Road and Buck Meadows? I only mention that as that was the area closed during the search. I'm actually not far from there and was thinking about seeing the area.

In looking into that particular area, it would seem that right around there is a camping area called "Manastash Camp." If she was near this campground as the best I can tell, it would lead you to believe it would have to be someone with in-depth knowledge of the area and certainly someone that has been there before.

It's also interesting, in my mind, after driving by McLeary for many many years, if you simply continue west, towards the coast, there are endless forest service roads and wooded areas. Which makes you wonder why someone would drive all the way to E. WA vs. 30 mins west. Unless of course she was abducted and taken out of the area that night. I don't know, I just find it odd "interesting."

Anyhow, if you have additional info on the location, I'd love to know it.

Anyone have any more of an idea about where she was found other than "around" Forest Service Road 3100 between Barber Springs Road and Buck Meadows? I only mention that as that was the area closed during the search. I'm actually not far from there and was thinking about seeing the area.

In looking into that particular area, it would seem that right around there is a camping area called "Manastash Camp." If she was near this campground as the best I can tell, it would lead you to believe it would have to be someone with in-depth knowledge of the area and certainly someone that has been there before.

It's also interesting, in my mind, after driving by McLeary for many many years, if you simply continue west, towards the coast, there are endless forest service roads and wooded areas. Which makes you wonder why someone would drive all the way to E. WA vs. 30 mins west. Unless of course she was abducted and taken out of the area that night. I don't know, I just find it odd "interesting."

Anyhow, if you have additional info on the location, I'd love to know it.

If someone were familiar to the area, maybe they camped there. This link on Manastash Camp says a permit may be used to camp. Would these permits be recorded somewhere? Even if they don't get a name, maybe they get the license plate?

Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest - Manastash Camp / Trailhead

It's also interesting, in my mind, after driving by McLeary for many many years, if you simply continue west, towards the coast, there are endless forest service roads and wooded areas. Which makes you wonder why someone would drive all the way to E. WA vs. 30 mins west.
I've considered this as well. The private timberlands north of Hoquiam on hwy 101 are much closer dumping grounds that don't require a drive all the way over the Cascades. Also from McCleary to Manastash, assuming the perp took 410 on the north side of Rainier, the route passes through a huge swath of national forest land with lots of desolate FS roads that turn off along the way. So whoever did this went way out of their way, perhaps because he knew the Manastash area very well from being an elk hunter and wanted a place that was familiar. Or, because he was headed to Eastern WA for another reason anyway.

Grays Harbor County Sheriff Rick Scott announced that he will be conducting a news conference on Thursday, June 14 at 1:00 pm at the McCleary Community Center in McCleary.

On May 10, Scott announced that the search for Lindsey has changed from a Missing Persons case to a Kidnapping/Homicide investigation after her remains were found in September of 2017 by hunters.

At this time, there has been no indication as to when in the last 9 years since she went missing the bones were placed in the remote wilderness or how she may have died.

KXRO will livestream the event on our Facebook page.

Hi, tech diffs, has LE's quote from LC's trafficking case been posted? Behind, but wanted to double check as I think this thread may have been closed when the quote was made.

I always think the words LE uses are interesting. Scott said "and the PEOPLE responsible for this homicide & kidnapping" ...

MB included interesting phrases in her statement, as well:

bbm
Baum said she taught her children that monsters don’t exist, but that was wrong.

“And they don’t look like monsters,” Baum said. “They look like your next-door neighbor. They look like the person who lives down the street, or the person who works in your school.”

I'm not implying anything, but it is interesting she used those phrases. What do MB and LE 'know' about certain folk(s) who lived in McCleary on June 26, 2009?

I'm still concerned that Lindsey was kept alive for a very long time after her abduction, which is why there wasn't an urgent DNA test done on her bones. If they weren't obviously children's remains then it would explain why they never put a rush for her DNA tests. I'm sickened by this but I fear she was kept alive for at least a period of time prior to her death. :(

I had the opportunity to drive through McCleary on Friday. I was headed to Aberdeen for work and thought I would take a look.

To say the least, it was quite surreal. It's literally small town America. I drove down Maple Street, passing the Beehive etc. Although I don't know the case in great detail, I'm pretty sure Maple was the street she walked down. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I also don't know whether is was walking east or west.

One thing I did notice was McCleary's proximity to the freeway. It's quite close. That said, it wouldn't surprise me if someone had gotten of the highway to get gas etc and happened to notice Lindsey in the process. Having actually now been there, it struck me at how easily it could have been done. That's not likely what happened and I realize that but, it was something I thought I'd share.

Anyhow, that's about it. Sad and pretty weird that I would even stop by there, but my curiosity got the best of me.

Justice for Lindsey!

**Not the best picture, but none the less. The Beehive is there on the right.**

Thx

Attachments

• IMG_20180706_122735642_HDR~01.jpg
    IMG_20180706_122735642_HDR~01.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 52
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online