Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just speculation on my part,but would like your opinions: Do you think that Emily possibly did this then,because she knew that Lucas would have a memorial quite soon & she wanted to be foremost on Jonathan's mind??? I realize she also felt the world closing in on her,but no police officer or DA was leaning on her then..UNLESS the subpoenas were worrying her..what are your thoughts on "why then??"
I kinda thought this at first. I think after she may have heard the interview with JH on NG saying EG was no longer his girlfriend, it was the final straw for her. JH may have been leading EG on to get more information out of her. I still don't think she feels bad about what she did to LH. I think as EG went to the house for the last time, EG blamed LH for the whole situation. She thought about her fairytale life being over, her parental rights over, her time left for freedom short lived. Still all about her. All IMO

I wanted to say something about the back door that wouldn't latch. I will search for the link, but based on JH's description in one of the interviews (on NG?), I think it was simply a matter of a door that didn't "catch" properly. Everyone has probably had or encountered one of those doors that even if the doorknob is locked can still be pushed open.

IIRC, JH said that you'd close and lock the door and then turn around and it would be open, unless you locked the deadbolt. IMO, their strikeplate/latch probably just needed to be adjusted so the latch would sit properly in the door jamb. Apparently neither EG or JH were handy, because this is usually an easy fix with just a screwdriver.

Anyway, my point is that the door was probably annoying because you would have to keep the deadbolt engaged all the time in order not to have the door swing open at the slightest nudge or gust of wind. Still, if this were the case, you would ordinarily adjust to it pretty quickly and make a habit of turning the deadbolt whenever you came inside. If there was a door into the garage I would imagine that door would be used more for comings and goings anyway, and the back door could just stay deadbolted most of the time.

This is all MOO, and is just my thinking that the door latch problem is/was a convenient red herring and not really an issue at all.

ETA: Have not been able to find the interview with JH, but here is an article about fixing a door that won't latch properly, to explain what I think the issue with the door knob lock might have been: What to Do When Your Door Won't Latch - Self Help and More.

Last edited:
If she committed suicide, and it does look right now that she did, I would say it is because of what she told DM- that she just couldn't handle going back to jail.
I agree. I think the second time in jail she had a hard time from the inmates. When EG came out, we could see she had already been crying inside from her nose and some people that came out before her stated while she was standing with officers. EG knew if she couldn't handle jail, she definitely could not handle prison. IMO

JMO she didn’t have any guilt. I don’t think she’s capable of any feeling but hate, envy and revenge. She was afraid of going to prison. She whined to DM,”I can’t do jail.”
I actually have come to think she did feel guilt. She was also afraid to go to prison. She also wanted to make JH suffer more. She set it up knowing JH would find her dead. I think she suffered enormously not having her sons and everything fell under that. I think she committed suicide because she was severely depressed.

I want to make a comment regarding the neighbor that stated she met Lucas and said he mentioned his little brother, could this of been EG's sons and not Lucas?
Oopsy:eek: Hopefully previous response deleted. I went back to the article. It seems one of the older boys mentioned either his other brother by EG or LH. Imo

Last edited:
The door latch is something I haven't paid any attention to. All I know is NG asked JH about it. Why is it of any relevance?

I don't think it has any relevance, but it seems to keep coming up, even as an explanation for how EG could have gotten back into the house if indeed JH had kicked her out. My point was just that it keeps being referred to as a door that could not be locked, and I do not think that is correct. MOO

Afraid I am not one of those in the boat helping to row. I never once suspected or would suspect JH of killing her. I don't even find him a strong person. I think he was completely controlled by her and to the end wanted to believe everything she told him. I find myself not wanting to use the term "weak kneed" or "whipped" but in honesty...that's how I've felt. And now I just pray that he and JO and all involved get some very serious counseling to turn this horrific tragedy into a future that is filled with brightness for themselves and those around them.
I never thought he was involved. The fact she wanted him to find her is so telling of how she is controlling and msnipulative.

Many people in the community are reaching out to us, looking for a way to honor our beloved son. We are deeply touched by all those who are mourning and looking for a way to show how much Lucas has come to mean to them, but at this time we are asking for the public to put fundraising efforts on hold. We NEED this time to plan our child’s goodbye. We want to focus on laying him to rest in a manner that celebrates his short time on this earth. Afterwards, there will be plenty of time to work with the community and memorialize our beautiful child.

Shortly after Lucas was found, our family asked a friend to be our spokesperson and representative to the press and public. We were in a deep state of shock, and honestly did not know how to interact with anyone. While our world will never, ever be the same, we have come to realize that being a voice for our child is part of the healing process. We truly appreciate all the efforts that have been made to shield us in our grief. It gave us a few precious days to come to terms with the enormity of our loss. Jonathan and I are still reeling and learning how to live this new life without Lucas. We were never prepared to face this loss and we will probably make many mistakes as we go down what is sure to be a long, dark road. We just ask that you all be patient with us, give us time to grieve and help us ensure Lucas’ legacy is one filled with hope and kindness, not darkness and evil.

We have been out to Lucas’ site and removed some of the items. These include deflated balloons and most of the stuffed animals that were placed out near the bridge by the public. We would like everyone to know that we plan on leaving the rest of the items out at the site until June 24. On that day, we will collect nearly everything in order to display it at Lucas’ Memorial Service, which will be open to the public. We want to preserve and protect all the beautiful things so many left to honor our child. We will be making an announcement regarding Lucas’ services as soon as we finalize a few more details.

Thank you for your support,
Jamie Taylor-Orr and Jonathan Hernandez

I don't think it has any relevance, but it seems to keep coming up, even as an explanation for how EG could have gotten back into the house if indeed JH had kicked her out. My point was just that it keeps being referred to as a door that could not be locked, and I do not think that is correct. MOO
Sorry, if you thought my post was directed at you, it wasn't, I just wondered why it was brought up at all by NG.

Sorry, if you thought my post was directed at you, it wasn't, I just wondered why it was brought up at all by NG.

Not at all, sorry if my reply was short - trying to do too many things at once. But you hit the nail on the head asking about relevance, because that's been my question for a while about this door latch thing.

The door latch is something I haven't paid any attention to. All I know is NG asked JH about it. Why is it of any relevance?
It really isn't, IMO. Supposedly that was how LH left the house, but that ship has sailed. I guess it could be how EG got in while JH wasn't home. But her name was on the lease, so she had every right to be there.

JMO she didn’t have any guilt. I don’t think she’s capable of any feeling but hate, envy and revenge. She was afraid of going to prison. She whined to DM,”I can’t do jail.”
I meant to reply earlier. I agree with your post. I think EG was afraid of going to prison and that door was closing in on her. That is the reason she committed suicide. jmo

@ScarlettLin @flute4peace , @Amonet can clarify, but when I watched the presser yesterday, I thought the chief was who was going to speak, but the realized a little way in that guy was the DA. That might be where the confusion is. I don't know what made me think it was going to be the chief, but maybe we both were mislead by something.

I'm so sorry, I said "chief" but I think I was referring to a mixture of the officer who gave the WPD briefing, the DA's briefing, and all the various media stories that mentioned either/or suicide/not breathing being reported in the 911 call.

I didn't mean to create confusion, I was just trying to conjecture a reasonably plausible explanation for how the 911 call might have gone and how that led to the statements/comments by all the above.

Speculation and guessing: I would suppose that a suicide with 2 gunshots minutes apart could be explained in several ways including, but not limited to, test shot, accidental discharge, a miss, or "chickening out" for the first shot. I apologize for the term "chickening out". I'm only halfway thru my coffee and I can't think of a better term right now. I know there are better ways to articulate it, but I just can't locate it in my brain! I don't mean to demean AT ALL the situation of suicide or anyone who has ever committed or attempted suicide.

I had another thought on EG specifically, but now I can't remember! I used all of my brain power trying (and failing) to articulate my first thought better. Let me go finish my coffee.

This is just speculation on my part,but would like your opinions: Do you think that Emily possibly did this then,because she knew that Lucas would have a memorial quite soon & she wanted to be foremost on Jonathan's mind??? I realize she also felt the world closing in on her,but no police officer or DA was leaning on her then..UNLESS the subpoenas were worrying her..what are your thoughts on "why then??"

I think EG did it because every day that went past she felt the knock on the door coming closer and closer, the knock that would take her back to jail, put her on trial for murder, and probably end up with her in prison for 25 to life.

I don't know about guilt, but the words in the extended version of the "I did Lucas so wrong" recording suggest to me that she was finally seeing that she'd hurt a lot of people with her actions, and I think she was struggling with what a terrible person she had become. I think she couldn't take it back but she couldn't face the consequences.

I don't think she was thinking of the timing other than how it related to her being picked up. For her, the autopsy report coming closer would mean her being closer to going back to jail, I don't really think she would be seeing it as it being a day closer to Lucas being laid to rest.

I am also concerned that the reports of JH and JO getting closer together and putting out joint statements through the same representative might have also been another sign for her that she'd lost everything and there was no going back to how things were. After she reported Lucas 'missing' she played the worried girlfriend who was in the same situation as JH, a lost child who needs to be found. While JH was struggling between accepting her version and maybe deep down suspecting her, but always hope that she was telling the truth as that would give Lucas a better chance of being alive, and a better chance of someday returning to some kind of normality with his family intact....while she could keep up that facade she could fool herself as well as JH that things would return to normal. DM fooled her into thinking that she'd turn herself in and be released the same day and JH would hopefully forgive her and things would go back to normal. But I think she finally realized that was never going to happen, and she couldn't see any way out of it as she didn't want to face the consequences.

in one of the interviews, DM mentioned EG had attempted suicide before and i believe a few people were posting about it? i cant find it now and wanted to know if someone had the link handy most importantly, do we know if this suicide attempt was post-Lucas' death/her first or arrest or at another time in her life?

I think we have a lot of questions with regard to the shooting being at the house on Edgemoor.

How come EG was there?
Where had JH come from?
Why did JH come to the house?
Where did the gun come from?

In some ways I think that the EG suicide should have been created as a separate thread so as to not sully the Lucas discussion with it. Obviously we have so many questions about it, but look at that statement from JO and JH...they clearly want the focus to be Lucas and Lucas' funeral and memorial, and rightly so. It sucks how these two things are so intertwined and yet it's not fair for this EG thing to overshadow Lucas' services and answers for what happened to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd