Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
New search launched for William Tyrrell

William Tyrrell disappearance: New search in bushland for missing

Police will today launch a new four-week forensic search in bushland as part of their investigations into the disappearance of William Tyrrell.

William, then aged three, was playing in the yard of his grandmother's property in Kendall on the NSW Mid North Coast on September 12, 2014.

Hundreds of locals and emergency services workers spent 10 days looking for him in the rural township, forests, creeks and paddocks.

http%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2F_%2Fmedia%2F2017%2F09%2F01%2F17%2F27%2FWilliamTyrrell2.jpg

They thought he was simply lost, and not the possible victim of a crime.

But they found no trace of William.

NSW Police have now announced detectives from Strike Force Rosann, formed to investigate William's disappearance, will begin the forensic search in bushland near the Kendall home.

The large-scale operation will be co-ordinated by search experts from NSW Police's public order and riot squad.

http%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2F_%2Fmedia%2FNetwork%2FHome%2FStreams%2F2017%2F08%2F24%2F18%2F25%2F240817_tyrrell_env_sp.jpg

The fresh search is part of plans to go back over old ground because the original search was "not thorough enough", a police source told The Daily Telegraph.

“We are just ticking all the boxes and making sure everything is being done thoroughly, the source told the newspaper.

On the second anniversary of William's disappearance in 2016, the NSW government announced a $1 million reward for information leading to his recovery.

William's foster parents and biological parents have all been ruled out as suspects in the disappearance.

Lead investigator Detective Chief Inspector Gary Jubelin is due to speak to media at the site this morning.

Last year, on the third anniversary of his disappearance, his foster family maintained hope of finding him alive.

"William, we will never stop loving you," they said in a statement in September.

"We will never stop looking for you."

Snippets from Ch7 Sunrise morning news, just now.

Forensic examiner …. I think this search is inevitable, they have to make sure they haven’t missed anything. They will collect extensive forensic evidence, process it, make sure they haven’t missed anything. The police know a lot more than they are saying.
They have to make sure that they havent missed a key piece of evidence that can lead to a person of interest in this case.

(Old) video clip ..... We need to know where he is, and we need to know what happened to him – foster mum

Last edited:
I wonder, how do they "know" the search would take 4 weeks?

Maybe they have plotted out the search areas and can guestimate how long a search of those areas will take. And they will have allocated a certain budget to the search. Their pockets are not endless.

I would venture to say they could have spent more on searching for William than has been spent on any other missing child in Australia ... in recent history, anyway.

I wonder, how do they "know" the search would take 4 weeks?
If they are indeed confident that the search will take 3 to 4 weeks, then it sounds like they need to cover a certain amount of ground say for collection of samples (soil, flora) for later analysis and comparison . . . ie it's not a search for remains or clothing which can stop when they find the target. Comparison of material found on/in the Spedding or Jones vehicles?

Maybe searches on private property will carry warrants this time, looking for evidence? The public announcement prior to the searches may be to take the heat of specific residents in the community's eyes but looking, testing, gathering for something specific from surrounding households?
Would be an explanation for the term "forensic search" and how it is defined by Wiki:
Forensic search - Wikipedia
Forensic Search focuses on user created data such as email files, cell phone records, office documents, PDFs and other files that are easily interpreted by a person.
Although "in bushland" seems to be a little misleading perhaps.

I live in Port Macquarie and i just saw on Facebook from the Port Macquarie News Page

"Strike Force Rosann, conducting the search for missing boy William Tyrrell, will make an announcement at Kendall tomorrow morning at 11am about a large-scale forensic search of bushland."

Hi rxume. What the general talk from there. I took a look @ Port’s FB which very was interesting.

A month-long search of the bushland where William Tyrrell disappeared almost four years ago is expected to lead to an inquest into the little boy's death.

New search launched for William Tyrrell

Includes video from 9 News. Coroner, grid and line searches. etc

Sounds as though the Coroner is going to be right on top of this .. and likely has been all along.

It is also understood the coroner will be involved in this new search, who will inspect the police operation and monitor what they are doing.
This would indicate authorities are laying the groundwork for an inquest to be held into the case, allowing police to take all their evidence to court and name persons of interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam