Found Deceased On - Douglas Ardis, 24, Shelburne, 6 June 2018

and the poster says there is concern for his well-being, which may be an innocuous way of saying they are looking for him, but it could also lead one to think there is more to be concerned about... IMO

Wonder why they are searching Pretty River Valley Provincial Park in particular. Perhaps somewhere Doug likes to go alone?

Cadaver dogs were brought in to search through forests for missing man Douglas Ardis.

Family and friends were joined by search and rescue crews on Wednesday as they combed through wooded areas near Pretty River Valley Provincial Park.

Cadaver dogs used as search widens for Douglas Ardis

Could it be someone (a minor) was outside the LCBO and asked him to go in and buy him some alcohol, and then asked him for a ride somewhere, and from there things went bad? Hate to think of worst case scenarios but unfortunately there are horrible people in this world. Hope he is found safe soon. ALL MOO.

I've just been reading DJ's FB page and I have a bad feeling. Friends and family posting that it's OK to come home, we need you to come home and please come home. It appears they think that he has the "ability" to come back and that nothing nefarious has occurred. I'm getting the vibe that DJ is missing of his own volition. Sigh.

They have not found the truck or trailer?

Maybe he needed some time away.
Packed up what he needed, purchased a few things and is camping out somewhere.
I do hope so

Not sure how often he visited his grandmother but the visit to her in the morning might be a sign he was planning on leaving for a while?

If he was doing a quote, wonder why he bothered to haul the trailer
Good point, I wonder if family members have gone through his apartment to see if anything might be missing? (maybe he moved and didn't tell anyone???)

I don't understand why this story is staying so quiet in the media and the OPP aren't putting out some kind of alert for people to at least look out for the truck and trailer. I guess unless it's a child or vulnerable senior, LE feel that people have a right to go missing if they choose so they don't get involved?

MOO

I don't understand why this story is staying so quiet in the media and the OPP aren't putting out some kind of alert for people to at least look out for the truck and trailer. I guess unless it's a child or vulnerable senior, LE feel that people have a right to go missing if they choose so they don't get involved?

MOO
Or they know more than they're releasing to the public. It's hard to know for sure.

More information at this link. Apparently he picked up the trailer in Flesherton just before he disappeared. It has not been revealed where he was found, other than he was with the truck and trailer. Now the family is saying the OPP will release a statement in the near future.

LATEST: Brother says missing man D.J. Ardis has been found dead

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back