The Key: Planted or Not? Impact?

The key really perplexes me. I was staunchly on the side of SA being innocent until further research, and now it's glaringly obvious (IMO) that he is guilty. HOWEVER, I still believe the key was planted. Maybe LE just needed something more convincing for their case, I don't know. But it wasn't there throughout all the other searches and then it just magically appeared under a slipper? A cop even testified it wasn't there before. Anyway, I dont believe SA was framed entirely though. IMO, he murdered Teresa.

Can you list the research areas that changed your mind on SA's guilt?

I'd appreciate it for my own consideration

The key really perplexes me. I was staunchly on the side of SA being innocent until further research, and now it's glaringly obvious (IMO) that he is guilty. HOWEVER, I still believe the key was planted. Maybe LE just needed something more convincing for their case, I don't know. But it wasn't there throughout all the other searches and then it just magically appeared under a slipper? A cop even testified it wasn't there before.

I agree that the key is the most obvious candidate for evidence being planted. If that is the case, I'm very curious where the key came from as that might be a clue as to how crimes against Teresa were actually committed.

Anyway, I dont believe SA was framed entirely though. IMO, he murdered Teresa.

That's interesting - my journey was the opposite. On viewing the documentary I thought it was possible Steven had committed some crime against Teresa, but further reading convinced me he most likely could not have been involved.

So, he was only partially framed but still obviously guilty? Interesting viewpoint!

Don’t you think if LE were willing to plant one piece of evidence that they likely also planted more?

Or maybe the planters were only partially crooked...

Jeez. Point taken and I'll shut up

Jeez. Point taken and I'll shut up

Don't do that! It's always good to have differing opinions :) I do think that there are people on both sides that are firmly planted and there probably isn't much that can be said to change their minds at this point.

I think what CoolJ was saying is that even if you believe SA to be guilty, but also believe that a piece of the evidence was planted, it's not okay.

I came to the same conclusion as you in regards to the key, I think it was planted, I just can't find a logical explanation for it to be found where it was when it was. But I have taken the other side of the fence, I think that if they are willing to plant 1 piece of evidence, why is it so unreasonable that they would plant others? After a year and a half of following this case, I still have questions, lots of questions, and lots of doubt.

Keep posting :)

Don't do that! It's always good to have differing opinions :) I do think that there are people on both sides that are firmly planted and there probably isn't much that can be said to change their minds at this point.

I think what CoolJ was saying is that even if you believe SA to be guilty, but also believe that a piece of the evidence was planted, it's not okay.

I came to the same conclusion as you in regards to the key, I think it was planted, I just can't find a logical explanation for it to be found where it was when it was. But I have taken the other side of the fence, I think that if they are willing to plant 1 piece of evidence, why is it so unreasonable that they would plant others? After a year and a half of following this case, I still have questions, lots of questions, and lots of doubt.

Keep posting :)

Yes, of course. By all means, keep posting. It would be interesting to hear about how someone could believe evidence was planted but also Ben 100% sure of guilt. Still having some suspicions I can understand... but 100% guilt doesn’t jive whatsoever in my mind.

The key really perplexes me. I was staunchly on the side of SA being innocent until further research, and now it's glaringly obvious (IMO) that he is guilty. HOWEVER, I still believe the key was planted. Maybe LE just needed something more convincing for their case, I don't know. But it wasn't there throughout all the other searches and then it just magically appeared under a slipper? A cop even testified it wasn't there before. Anyway, I dont believe SA was framed entirely though. IMO, he murdered Teresa.

What perplexes you about the key?

All previous seven "searches" weren't really searches, but rather entries. For example the first entry was just a quick look inside the trailer to see if Teresa was there. You're not gonna find a key hidden behind a record cabinet like that. Another time they were inside for about 5 minutes iirc to get the serial number of Steve's computer. And another time Kucharski entered the trailer to retrieve Steve's rifles. Stuff like that. There was also a crime lab entry at one point. There were basically two searches and only during one of those the record cabinet was moved.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back