Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking they probably already suspected that Lucas was gone before that Friday and that's why she wasn't charged additionally with endangering him by leaving him home alone, unwell.

But that would even give them more reason to ask the public for information about the car. To find Lucas as soon as possible.

I don’t believe he was killed that night. I think she had disposed of his body several days before. I think she was darn good at conjuring up her story, cleaning up the house. Smoking drugs and had to feel good about everything being in place.

Until she ran head on into a cop that can read people better than she could lie.
Do we know what night the homeless man was there? I didn't think we had verification.

From the beginning when Lucas was called in missing, LE has been withholding all information that they have or may not have on Lucas's disappearance. I have never understood this complete silence. it has allowed many people to send false information into the search for Lucas... such as abducting ect. and even pointing fingers at alternate suspects all due to the wording in LE reports.

As a long time Wichita resident, I have never seen such a hush in any case from LE. I personally think if it wasn't for the tactics from DM, Lucas may of never been found.

Now that EG has taken the suicide way out, alot of those stories of untruth may never end.

I have always thought EG was responsible for what happened to Lucas. I also feel Lucas deserves the truth be told and all the rumors put to rest. With EG now deseased... Im not sure that will ever happen. Best case senario we will know COD of Lucas. EG I personally don't expect anything other than suicide, in my opinion of course. I don't know that LE will ever release details. I will admit, with all the crazy turns and details it might make a crime show at some point like so many other cases.

But that would even give them more reason to ask the public for information about the car. To find Lucas as soon as possible.
Exactly. Why didn't they show her vehicle on TV and online? Unless they think that there was a different vehicle that she used to transport Lucas to the culvert? Even if that was the case, why no questions to the public asking if they saw her coming or going in her vehicle or someone else's that Friday or Saturday?

So many things keep swirling through my mind. She took a secret or two to the grave with her.

A short time before he makes that statement he talks about what Lucas was wearing when he went missing - socks (no shoes)- IMO he was referring to Lucas

I agree @Busylady. I think there's more behind the statement made by Officer Charlie. "If you saw somebody running with no shoes on, a couple days ago, or saw something suspicious, saw something out of place, to call the tip line ".

From the beginning when Lucas was called in missing, LE has been withholding all information that they have or may not have on Lucas's disappearance. I have never understood this complete silence. it has allowed many people to send false information into the search for Lucas... such as abducting ect. and even pointing fingers at alternate suspects all due to the wording in LE reports.

As a long time Wichita resident, I have never seen such a hush in any case from LE. I personally think if it wasn't for the tactics from DM, Lucas may of never been found.

Now that EG has taken the suicide way out, alot of those stories of untruth may never end.

I have always thought EG was responsible for what happened to Lucas. I also feel Lucas deserves the truth be told and all the rumors put to rest. With EG now deseased... Im not sure that will ever happen. Best case senario we will know COD of Lucas. EG I personally don't expect anything other than suicide, in my opinion of course. I don't know that LE will ever release details. I will admit, with all the crazy turns and details it might make a crime show at some point like so many other cases.

I think social media plays a major part with the rumor mill and it plays and even bigger part when the people involved are on social media. IMO LE hasn't kept up with changing their practices to align with social media and the digital world as we know it. MOO

It is obvious that LE considered EG a POI very early in this case. She was never formally identified as such, let alone a suspect, until after her death. No big surprise there.
Other than the usual "if you saw something suspicious.." here we are discussing the only tidbit LE ever released-- someone running wearing no shoes. I wonder how well that cryptic clue worked out for them?
I always questioned why LE did not eventually release a similar photo of EG's white SUV to the media, asking if anyone saw anything suspicious specifically related to this vehicle. You know, like driving slowly down country roads in the dark, or stopping at bridges etc.
It was evident to LE that EG was always a suspect in public opinion, and releasing more information to assist in the case "could" have resulted in finding Lucas's body before decomposition became a real problem. I guess LE had good reason not to name EG as a suspect, but I regret that they weren't more proactive in involving public assistance. MOO
She was named a POI while in jail awaiting trial on the CE charge. And the DA reiterated that upon her release and being found not guilty of CE.

She was named a POI while in jail awaiting trial on the CE charge. And the DA reiterated that upon her release and being found not guilty of CE.

I think le should have tested her for drugsas soon as she was arrested the first time. I also think she was scared that Lucas autopsy is going to show what killed him. She was angry at herself for telling Marshburn where he was. I believe it was her intent to leave him there until she could check on him at the end of summer when there may have been nothing but skeletal remains.

This woman knew what she was doing every second of her life. Except with Marshburn and le.

Exactly. Why didn't they show her vehicle on TV and online? Unless they think that there was a different vehicle that she used to transport Lucas to the culvert? Even if that was the case, why no questions to the public asking if they saw her coming or going in her vehicle or someone else's that Friday or Saturday?

So many things keep swirling through my mind. She took a secret or two to the grave with her.
I have always suspected that the vehicle used to transport Lucas’s body was not hers. LE was very confident Lucas did not walk out of that house and I figured cadaver dogs hit on something in the home but not EGs car. Otherwise the charges she was eventually arrested for would have been more than just CE of her daughter. MOO

I think le should have tested her for drugsas soon as she was arrested the first time. I also think she was scared that Lucas autopsy is going to show what killed him. She was angry at herself for telling Marshburn where he was. I believe it was her intent to leave him there until she could check on him at the end of summer when there may have been nothing but skeletal remains.

This woman knew what she was doing every second of her life. Except with Marshburn and le.

Well said! I completely agree with your post.

I’ll look it up but I think most of the death documents are public info. By statute. I’d really like to see the public begin to clamor for a coroners inquest. A jury if 6 is chosen and it’s much like a trial where facts and experts testify. That’s the only process I’ve seen in Kansas that will make the circumstances of his death public and put many rumors to bed.

I will also add this case has taught me a few things I didn’t know and helped me recall more I had forgotten.

I also think perhaps LE didn’t put the alert on her car because they had a very good indication she killed him. And they may have wanted to see if she kept lying or if perhaps she would go check on his body. Gruesome yes but killers do it sometimes. And I think I have underestimated just how evil and cunning she really was as a person. That has changed since the evening they found his body.

I believe it was one of the worst things I have seen for her to know people were looking for him every day. Emotions ran very high. And to force his little classmates to worry that something could happen to them?????? I can’t fathom or understand how she remained silent and put JH THROUGH THE ADDITIONAL hell he experienced or the family. The list of people she inflicted hope, pain and emotional stress upon is to long to list here. It was cold calculating and vengeful.

But I know she’s not resting in heaven.

Last edited:
I’ll look it up but I think most of the death documents are public info. By statute. I’d really like to see the public begin to clamor for a coroners inquest. A jury if 6 is chosen and it’s much like a trial where facts and experts testify. That’s the only process I’ve seen in Kansas that will make the circumstances of his death public and put many rumors to bed.

When it comes to the court system and laws I’m not up to par as many of you are so please forgive my ignorance. Is a coroners inquest common? Does it come from a public request or what’s the process?

When it comes to the court system and laws I’m not up to par as many of you are so please forgive my ignorance. Is a coroners inquest common? Does it come from a public request or what’s the process?

Not all that common but I’ll copy the procedure for it in Kansas. I think the circumstances surrounding Lucas death would qualify.

There is also a group that reviews all child deaths but I’m tired and the proper name escapes me at the moment. That pricocess is not public. That I do recall

I am quite certain that LE has never named EG a POI or suspect at any time. I apologize if I am wrong.
I haven't been successful in finding a LE statement, or a DA statement naming her as a POI while she was in jail awaiting the CE charge. Only if handy, please provide a link, although it doesn't change my feeling on LE's reluctance to ask for public assistance.

Upon EG's not guilty verdict and release for the child endangerment charge in mid May, the DA Mark Bennett was asked if she was a POI. He said he thought LE had previously called her a POI but he settled on calling her a "witness" in the case.

The point of my previous post was that no effort was made by LE to get EG's vehicle shown to the public in an effort to possibly find Lucas's body quickly, so that a COD and manner of death was viable by autopsy. We all know that was critical evidence for possibly charging EG with murder.

DA Mark Bennett video interview, May 16

What's next in Lucas Hernandez case after not guilty verdict in stepmom's separate case

An Act concerning district coroners; notification and investigation of deaths; amendingK.S.A. 22a-230, 22a-231 and 22a-232 and repealing the existing sections.

Be it enacted by the Legislature of the State of Kansas:

Section. 1 K.S.A. 22a-230 is hereby amended to read as follows: 22a-
230. (a) The coroner may hold an inquest upon the dead bodies of such
persons whose deaths appear to have been caused by unlawful means
when the circumstances relating to such deaths are unknown. The inquest
shall be held in accordance with the provisions of this section. Except as
provided in subsection (b), upon being notified of any such death occur-
ring within the district, if an inquest is to be held, the coroner shall sum-
mon a jury of six residents of the county in which the death occurred, at
a time and place named, for the purpose of inquiring into the cause of
death. In any other case in which this act requires that the coroner be
notified, the coroner may also summon six citizens of the county to appear
at a time and place named.

(b) When the coroner has been notified of any death as provided in
subsection (a), and the cause of such death occurred in a county other
than the county in which the death occurred, the coroner of the county
in which the cause of death occurred shall take the responsibility of sum-
moning a jury as provided in subsection (a) for the purpose of inquiring
into the death, if requested to do so by the coroner of the county in which
the death occurred.

(c) If any juror fails to appear, the coroner shall summon the proper
number from bystanders immediately, and proceed to impanel them and
administer the following oath, in substance: "You do solemnly swear (or
affirm) that you will diligently inquire and true presentment make, when,
how and by what means the person whose body lies here dead came to
death, according to your knowledge, and evidence given you. So help you
God."

(d) The coroner may issue subpoenas within the judicial district for
witnesses, returnable forthwith, or at such time and place as the coroner
shall therein direct. Witnesses shall be allowed the fees provided in K.S.A.
28-125 and amendments thereto. In cases of disobedience of the coro-
ner's subpoena, it shall be the duty of the judge of the district court, on
application of the coroner, to compel obedience to the coroner's sub-
poena by indirect proceedings for contempt as in cases of disobedience
of a subpoena issued from the district court.

(e) An oath shall be administered to the witness, in substance as fol-
lows: "You do solemnly swear (or affirm) that the testimony which you
shall give to this inquest, concerning the death of the person here lying
dead, shall be the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. So
help you God."

(f) The testimony shall be reduced to writing, under the coroner's
order, and subscribed by the witness.

(g) The jurors, having inspected the body, if available, heard the tes-
timony, and made all needful inquiries, shall return to the coroner their
inquisition in writing, under their hands, in substance as follows, and
stating the matter in the following form suggested, as far as found:

State of Kansas, ________ County.

An inquisition held at ________, in ________ county, on the ________ day
of ________, A.D., 19 year__, before me, ________ coroner of such county,
on the body of ________ (or, a person unknown), there lying dead; by the jurors whose
names are hereunto subscribed. The jurors, upon their oaths, do say (here state when, how,
by what person, means, weapon or accident the person died, and whether feloniously). In
testimony whereof, the jurors have hereunto subscribe, the day and year aforesaid. Which
shall be attested by the coroner.

(h) If the inquisition finds a crime has been committed on the de-
ceased, and name the person the jury believes has committed the crime,
the inquest shall not be made public until after the arrest directed in the
next subsection.

(i) If the person charged is present, the coroner may order the person
arrested by an officer or any other person, and shall then make a warrant
requiring the officer or other person to take the arrested person before
a judge of a court of competent jurisdiction.

(j) If the person charged is not present, the coroner may issue a war-
rant to the sheriff of the county, directing the sheriff to arrest the person
and take the arrested person before a judge of a court of competent
jurisdiction.

(k) The warrant of a coroner in the above case shall be of equal au-
thority with that of a judge of a court of competent jurisdiction. When
the person charged is brought before the court, the person charged shall
be dealt with as a person held under a complaint in the usual form.

(l) The warrant of the coroner shall recite substantially the transaction
before the coroner, and the verdict of the jury of inquest leading to the
arrest. The warrant shall be a sufficient foundation for the proceeding of
the court instead of a complaint.

(m) The coroner shall then return to the clerk of the district court
the inquisition, the written evidence and a list of the witnesses who tes-
tified to material matters.

(n) The district coroner shall receive such compensation, in addition
to other compensation provided by law for the coroner, for holding an
inquest as specified by the county commissioners of a single-county ju-
dicial district or the county commissioners of the county with the largest
population in multiple-county judicial districts.

Sec. 2. K.S.A. 22a-231 is hereby amended to read as follows: 22a-
231. When any person dies, or human body is found dead in the state,
and the death is suspected to have been the result of violence, caused by
unlawful means or by suicide, or by casualty, or suddenly when the de-
cedent was in apparent health, or when decedent was not regularly at-
tended by a licensed physician, or in any suspicious or unusual manner,
or when in police custody, or when in a jail or correctional institution, or
in any circumstances specified under K.S.A. 22a-242, and amendments
thereto, or when the determination of the cause of a death is held to be
in the public interest, the coroner or deputy coroner of the county in
which the cause of death occurred, if known, or if not known, the coroner
or deputy coroner of the county in which such dead body was found, shall
be notified by the physician in attendance, by any law enforcement offi-
cer, by the embalmer, by any person who is or may in the future be
required to notify the coroner or by any other person. The coroner in the
county of the cause of death shall decide if an investigation shall take
place. If an investigation is authorized by the coroner of the county of
cause of death, the coroner in the county of death shall undertake such
investigation, with costs to be accounted to and reimbursed by the county
of the cause of death. Investigation may include, but is not limited to,
obtaining medical and law enforcement background information, exami-
nation of the scene of the cause of death, inquest, autopsy, and other duties
required of the coroner. If the coroner of the county of the cause of death
requests an investigation, the coroner of the county of death shall be re-
sponsible for the investigation and the certification of death.

Sec. 3. K.S.A. 22a-232 is hereby amended to read as follows: 22a-
232. (a) Upon receipt of notice pursuant to K.S.A. 22a-231, and amend-
ments thereto, the coroner shall take charge of the dead body, make
inquiries regarding the cause of death and reduce the findings to a report
in writing. Such report shall be filed with the clerk of the district court
of the county in which the cause of death occurred if known, or if not
known the report shall be filed with the clerk of the district court of the
county in which the death occurred dead body was found. If the coroner
determines that the dead body is not a body described by K.S.A. 22a-231,
and amendments thereto, the coroner shall immediately notify the state
historical society.

(b) If in the opinion of the coroner information is present in the
coroner's report that might jeopardize a criminal investigation, the cor-
oner shall file the report with the clerk of the district court of such county
and designate such report as a criminal investigation record, pursuant to
subsection (a)(10) of K.S.A. 45-221, and amendments thereto.

(c) If a death investigation involves multiple jurisdictions, the coroner
notified under K.S.A. 22a-231, and amendments thereto, may transfer
jurisdiction to another jurisdiction if the coroners of both jurisdictions
agree to the transfer.

Sec. 4. K.S.A. 22a-230, 22a-231 and 22a-232 are hereby repealed.
Sec. 5. This act shall take effeact Jan 2000

Apologize for length. It’s all important.

Last edited:
Bennett made the announcement Friday afternoon. It follows the apparent suicide Friday morning of Emily Glass, the main person of interest in the investigation.

Police: Suicide notes, rifle in home where Emily Glass found dead

Even though Emily is the main person of interest she will never be found guilty of Lucas death. She can not be tried in a court cause she is no longer alive. jmo

I am quite certain that LE has never named EG a POI or suspect at any time. I apologize if I am wrong.
I haven't been successful in finding a LE statement, or a DA statement naming her as a POI while she was in jail awaiting the CE charge. Only if handy, please provide a link, although it doesn't change my feeling on LE's reluctance to ask for public assistance.

Upon EG's not guilty verdict and release for the child endangerment charge in mid May, the DA Mark Bennett was asked if she was a POI. He said he thought LE had previously called her a POI but he settled on calling her a "witness" in the case.

The point of my previous post was that no effort was made by LE to get EG's vehicle shown to the public in an effort to possibly find Lucas's body quickly, so that a COD and manner of death was viable by autopsy. We all know that was critical evidence for possibly charging EG with murder.

DA Mark Bennett video interview, May 16

What's next in Lucas Hernandez case after not guilty verdict in stepmom's separate case
In regards to the car, I have wondered this also. I actually think they may have known her dates of events were incorrect, therefore did not want to show their cards or more likely didn’t know what date to ask about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304