FL - Nubia Barahona, 10, slain, twin injured, West Palm Beach, 11 Feb 2011 *Arrest*

At this point, this case would be amazing for a skilled writer to dig through the copious pages of evidence, write a book about Nubia and Victor's life, timeline of events, and current status. This would be an excellent program for 20/20 or other show, with in depth reporting on this tragedy, and subsequent years of inadequacy of the court system. This case also highlights an issue of immigration, and another case of an immigrant, killing a natural born U.S. citizen. This investigation could also include commentary on the current state of the foster care system in the United States, and inadequacies of the protection of children.

This entire case is an outrage, and the fact that it has dragged on so long, without a trial, merits an investigation.

At this point, this case would be amazing for a skilled writer to dig through the copious pages of evidence, write a book about Nubia and Victor's life, timeline of events, and current status. This would be an excellent program for 20/20 or other show, with in depth reporting on this tragedy, and subsequent years of inadequacy of the court system. This case also highlights an issue of immigration, and another case of an immigrant, killing a natural born U.S. citizen. This investigation could also include commentary on the current state of the foster care system in the United States, and inadequacies of the protection of children.

This entire case is an outrage, and the fact that it has dragged on so long, without a trial, merits an investigation.

I just really am exasperated with this trial. Just let the defence say the child witness memory can not be counted on because of time passed and I think I will blow a fuse. The victim's and witnesses involved in this have been treated abhorrently in this. I keep checking but nothing every time.

Whoa.... just read all 500 plus posts here. Unbelievable!! Those poor children and still NO justice....

Putting this on my list. I see the next hearing is Aug. 30th.

Justice for Nubia!
rose-smiley.gif

Nubia will never have justice. Nor will Victor.

Meanwhile, we are supporting criminals, and I believe that the adult daughter who KNEW about the abuse and said nothing, should be in prison as well. It should be a crime to not report child abuse, I am a mandatory reporter in my state, this should be a federal law for all adults, to report child abuse.

I have a lot of unanswered questions regarding this case, it merits review.

Thursday, August 30th:
*Motions Hearing (@ 9am ET) – FL – Nubia Barahona (10) (Feb. 11, 2011), (Victor Vocter (10) injured; had acid thrown on him; he was released from hospital 3/2/11) – *Jorge L. Barahona (43/now 50) (adopted father) arrested & charged (2/12/11) with 8 felony counts of aggravated child abuse with great bodily harm, 8 felony counts of child neglect & attempted murder (Victor) & charged (3/7/11) with 1st degree murder. Plead not guilty. $1M bond. DA will seek DP.
*Status Hearing (@ 9am ET) - *Carmen V. Barahona (60/now 67) (adopted mom) arrested & charged (3/6/11) & indicted (3/23/11) with 1st degree murder, 8 felony counts of aggravated child abuse with great bodily harm & 8 felony counts of child neglect with no bodily harm. Plead not guilty. No bond. DA will seek DP.

Thursday, Oct. 11th:
*Motions Hearing (@ 9am ET) – FL – Nubia Barahona (10) (Feb. 11, 2011), (Victor Vocter (10) injured; had acid thrown on him; he was released from hospital 3/2/11) – only for *Jorge L. Barahona (43/now 50) (adopted father) arrested & charged (2/12/11) with 8 felony counts of aggravated child abuse with great bodily harm, 8 felony counts of child neglect & attempted murder (Victor) & charged (3/7/11) with 1st degree murder. Plead not guilty. $1M bond. DA will seek DP.
#F-11-006237-B State# 13-2011-CF-006237-B000-xx
8/30/18 Update: Next Status conference hearings on 10/11 & 11/1.

*Carmen V. Barahona (60/now 67) (adopted mom) arrested & charged (3/6/11) & indicted (3/23/11) with 1st degree murder, 8 felony counts of aggravated child abuse with great bodily harm & 8 felony counts of child neglect with no bodily harm. Plead not guilty. No bond. DA will seek DP.
#F-11-006237-A State# 13-2011-CF-006237-A000-xx
8/30/18 Update: Next Status hearing 11/1; granted motion to seal & for confidentiality order re documents.

Just coming by to post that Mistivon! Thanks!

I followed you on Maricela's thread! I hope you have your health back!! :)

Based on the ongoing requests for more money, this case is a black hole. It makes me sick, that the State of Florida is bleeding so much money for this offender. There is no chance of rehabilitation here.

Just offer him a plea deal, call it done. The death penalty isn't worth it.

Thursday, October 18th:
*Status Hearing (@ 9am ET) – FL – Nubia Barahona (10) (Feb. 11, 2011, Palm Beach), (Victor Vocter (10) injured; had acid thrown on him; he was released from hospital 3/2/11) – only for *Jorge L. Barahona (43/now 50) (adopted father) arrested & charged (2/12/11) with 8 felony counts of aggravated child abuse with great bodily harm, 8 felony counts of child neglect & attempted murder (Victor) & charged (3/7/11) with 1st degree murder. Plead not guilty. $1M bond. DA will seek DP.
8/30/18 Update: Next Status conference hearings on 10/11 & 11/1.
10/11/18 Update: Next Status hearing moved to 10/18.

*Carmen V. Barahona (60/now 67) (adopted mom) arrested & charged (3/6/11) & indicted (3/23/11) with 1st degree murder, 8 felony counts of aggravated child abuse with great bodily harm & 8 felony counts of child neglect with no bodily harm. Plead not guilty. No bond. DA will seek DP.
8/30/18 Update: Next Status hearing 11/1; granted motion to seal & for confidentiality order re documents.

Seq. No. Date Book/Page Docket
798 10/18/2018
MOTION TO/FOR: DEFENSE COUNSEL'S MOTION TO APPROVE INTERIM ATTORNEYS FEES
797 10/18/2018
MOTION TO/FOR: FOR ATTORNEYS FEES COSTS OR RELATED EXPENSES (INTERIM X)
796 10/18/2018
ORDER: GRANTING COURT APPOINTED COUNSEL'S INTERIM MTN X FOR ATTY FE ES, COSTS
795 10/18/2018
ORDER: AGREED ORDER APPROVING INTERIM ATTY FEE'S
794 10/18/2018
RESPONSE TO/FROM: STATE MOTION FOR PROTECTIVE ORDER

Hearing Date: 11/01/2018

link: Miami-Dade County Clerk Criminal Justice

Ridiculous how much money this "defense" is costing, and still no trial date. It is like an open checkbook for the attorneys. Disgusting.

OMG. Just read all of this. Was waiting to read they both got death on page 26. There are no words. I have never read anything so disgusting in my life. The whole thing. Furious.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back