Found Safe AL - Christiana Hagler, 1 Month, Mobile, 16 June 2018

Holy Toledo! That makes it even worse. What was she thinking?

I agree with you, and by her own words she stated she sent him to the car with her innocent baby while she was being detained. Was that baby in a carrier? I wonder if there was more in the carrier than the baby girl. This baby was put at risk.

I feel like I am watching a tennis match. One news source says they didn't know each other...lobs it over the net..YES,they did know each other. Meanwhile,bio dad hasn't said a word about his baby or given a statement.

I don't know what to think now. If she didn't know him, I guess that would explain why she didn't just call him and tell him to come back as the coast was clear? But if she'd never met him before at all, then it doesn't make sense to me why he'd go to the store with her or why she would send the baby off with him!

On the one hand I can't understand why the mom wasn't charged with lying to the police about him being a total stranger. On the other hand I don't understand why she's not charged with child endangerment for handing her baby to a stranger.

Cherish Perrywinkle.
It sounds like this case is stranger than fiction.
It's unbelievable.

I don't know what to think now. If she didn't know him, I guess that would explain why she didn't just call him and tell him to come back as the coast was clear? But if she'd never met him before at all, then it doesn't make sense to me why he'd go to the store with her or why she would send the baby off with him!

On the one hand I can't understand why the mom wasn't charged with lying to the police about him being a total stranger. On the other hand I don't understand why she's not charged with child endangerment for handing her baby to a stranger.

This man, this Betancourt guy, was in an untenable situation. He should have told the woman “No, I won’t be responsible for your baby while you deal with your shoplifting charge” and gotten the heck away, but I guess he got scared?

In any case, I am still most upset with the mother in this whole thing, and I hope that LE is looking at something to charge her with. I note that little Christina has been taken by the state CPS (it has a different acronym)

I just spent the morning catching up on all this, digging around MSM, jail records, SM, etc. Holy cow.

It most definitely stinks to be
Alex Betancourt
Alex Betancourt right now. Especially after reading stuff like this from just 2 weeks ago Alex Betancourt it seems like he genuinely wants to clean his act up. Then... this junk happens.

I can't imagine what was going thru his head when this woman hands off her infant and her car to him. I feel bad for him. I feel worse for the baby, that she has a mother that would just hand off her own child to a stranger (if in fact that's what he is).

If anything, she should be charged with child endangerment.

Last edited:
I just spent the morning catching up on all this, digging around MSM, jail records, SM, etc. Holy cow.

It most definitely stinks to be
Alex Betancourt
Alex Betancourt right now. Especially after reading stuff like this from just 2 weeks ago Alex Betancourt it seems like he genuinely wants to clean his act up. Then... this junk happens.

I can't imagine what was going thru his head when this woman hands off her infant and her car to him. I feel bad for him. I feel worse for the baby, that she has a mother that would just hand off her own child to a stranger (if in fact that's what he is).

If anything, she should be charged with child endangerment.
Both the sweet baby and the mother are damned lucky he was honorable and didn't harm her. I know he has a bit of a past- usually, those are the ones who do harm children. He must be a good guy on the inside, to at least keep the child safe until the mother was released from her shoplifting situation.

In my opinion, she knows this man. She described him with red hair (even though he's currently bald), and on his arrest record, it stated that he has strawberry blonde hair. Why doesn't she just tell the truth and be done with it, instead of dragging this guy down a dark road because he tried to help her.

Both the sweet baby and the mother are damned lucky he was honorable and didn't harm her. I know he has a bit of a past- usually, those are the ones who do harm children. He must be a good guy on the inside, to at least keep the child safe until the mother was released from her shoplifting situation.

In my opinion, she knows this man. She described him with red hair (even though he's currently bald), and on his arrest record, it stated that he has strawberry blonde hair. Why doesn't she just tell the truth and be done with it, instead of dragging this guy down a dark road because he tried to help her.

I agree, very lucky that he didn't turn out to be a pervert and hurt the baby. Of course he does have a past but nothing that I saw that indicates he'd hurt a kid. In this pic of his arrest, he's actually not bald but has an extreme buzz cut and he clearly has reddish hair.

Seems there's been a lot of junky reporting going on with this case.

16999037_G.png

Source: Baby reported missing found safe, suspect arrested

And this post from WKRG says MPD confirmed that the mom did know him?

WKRG

This link just takes me to his mugshot pictures and tons of comments from strangers speculating (sounds like with good reason). Did the WKRG remove where it said she did know the man?

This is just BIZARRO WORLD to me. IMO, they were probably at least acquaintances and also I would guess that drugs were involved, or at least defined their acquaintance.

This "mother" really needs to be charged with child endangerment, and who knows what else. Glad the child was taken from her, poor judgement doesn't begin to describe what she did!

This link just takes me to his mugshot pictures and tons of comments from strangers speculating (sounds like with good reason). Did the WKRG remove where it said she did know the man?

This is just BIZARRO WORLD to me. IMO, they were probably at least acquaintances and also I would guess that drugs were involved, or at least defined their acquaintance.

This "mother" really needs to be charged with child endangerment, and who knows what else. Glad the child was taken from her, poor judgement doesn't begin to describe what she did!

WKRG's website still has a statement indicating they knew each other.

The suspect and mother in Saturday's Amber Alert knew each other.

BREAKING: Suspect arrested in connection to Amber Alert for 7-week old girl

Yes, they have since removed the text that said she knew Betancourt and was FB friends with him. Maybe that was incorrect after all and he was a total stranger.

IMHO it was totally irresponsible behavior on her behalf whether she knew slightly or not at all.

Yes, they have since removed the text that said she knew Betancourt and was FB friends with him. Maybe that was incorrect after all and he was a total stranger.

IMHO it was totally irresponsible behavior on her behalf whether she knew slightly or not at all.

I was just wondering where the link went and speculated they may have been acquaintances. I wasn’t implying to excuse her behavior based on how well she knew him AT ALL.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back