Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
When it comes to the court system and laws I’m not up to par as many of you are so please forgive my ignorance. Is a coroners inquest common? Does it come from a public request or what’s the process?

In my experience public officials respond to public voices. In this case with all the drama and questions it would be more efficient and kinder to everyone to learn the facts and deal with them appropriately. The rumors and innuendo will go on for years unless the facts are known.

No one deserves that, this has been bad enough as it is

In regards to the car, I have wondered this also. I actually think they may have known her dates of events were incorrect, therefore did not want to show their cards or more likely didn’t know what date to ask about.

The car not being a topic of discussion for LE makes me think they didn’t want to talk about it for a reason.

In my experience public officials respond to public voices. In this case with all the drama and questions it would be more efficient and kinder to everyone to learn the facts and deal with them appropriately. The rumors and innuendo will go on for years unless the facts are known.

No one deserves that, this has been bad enough as it is
I feel like I've asked this before so my apologies if I missed the answer, but why is an inquest even necessary? The DA was very clear that he was going to release the findings of the continuing investigation into Lucas' death to the public. His remarks on the subject have been posted here several times. What would an inquest gain that he's not already planning on doing? What am I missing?

I'm going to be VERY upset if JH doesn't have any legal consequences for what he did/didn't do. You absolutely cannot leave a child in a very clearly horrible environment, ignore what's going on, and then claim ignorance. That's absurd. The fact that he's acting like a victim at all makes me furious. I don't consider him a victim at all, and the only sympathy I have for him in this whole thing is that he had to find EG's dead body. He absolutely SHOULD feel guilty for what happened to Lucas. I obviously don't think he should be charged with murder, but he needs to get something. If he gets away with it, I'll personally feel like Lucas didn't get his justice.

Everyone is furious about DCF not intervening, as they should be. But they were the last line of defense. JH was Lucas's first line of defense and Lucas was his responsibility. How many kids does DCF have to keep track of and how many did JH have? He had two. Now he has zero, and I hope he is never responsible for another life again.

I am quite certain that LE has never named EG a POI or suspect at any time. I apologize if I am wrong. BBM
I haven't been successful in finding a LE statement, or a DA statement naming her as a POI while she was in jail awaiting the CE charge. Only if handy, please provide a link, although it doesn't change my feeling on LE's reluctance to ask for public assistance.

Upon EG's not guilty verdict and release for the child endangerment charge in mid May, the DA Mark Bennett was asked if she was a POI. He said he thought LE had previously called her a POI but he settled on calling her a "witness" in the case.

The point of my previous post was that no effort was made by LE to get EG's vehicle shown to the public in an effort to possibly find Lucas's body quickly, so that a COD and manner of death was viable by autopsy. We all know that was critical evidence for possibly charging EG with murder.

DA Mark Bennett video interview, May 16

What's next in Lucas Hernandez case after not guilty verdict in stepmom's separate case

You've got some catching up to do as DA named EG as the ONLY POI in murder of Lucas!! Please see post #129 (page 7) and you'll be up to speed.

Exactly. Why didn't they show her vehicle on TV and online? Unless they think that there was a different vehicle that she used to transport Lucas to the culvert? Even if that was the case, why no questions to the public asking if they saw her coming or going in her vehicle or someone else's that Friday or Saturday?

So many things keep swirling through my mind. She took a secret or two to the grave with her.

I think that if they had posted her description and a picture of her SUV, they would have been flooded with useless tips. She looks so common and average , and the white SUV is also so common and numerous. And they didn't even have a precise timeline or location.

Essentially it would be 'has anyone seen a young to middle aged, non descript white lady in a white SUV, driving around Wichita area Friday or Saturday sometime? '

I think that if they had posted her description and a picture of her SUV, they would have been flooded with useless tips. She looks so common and average , and the white SUV is also so common and numerous. And they didn't even have a precise timeline or location.

Essentially it would be 'has anyone seen a young to middle aged, non descript white lady in a white SUV, driving around Wichita area Friday or Saturday sometime? '
They possibly suspected Lucas wasn't alive from before Wednesday with EG making up excuses for where he was on Valentines Day, so I'm not sure if they were necessarily focusing only on Friday and Saturday.

SBM
State Child Death Review Board is the group that reviews all child deaths.
State Child Death Review Board - Kansas Attorney General Derek Schmidt
Thanks. I was to tired yesterday to look.

I also read the news and sadly there are children all over the country dying at the hands of supposedly trusted caregivers. This problem is far bigger than occasional murders. It appears to be a national systemic problem. I’m doing research to see if it’s possibke to do something federally. It’s much harder but we will see where it might lead.

Thanks. I was to tired yesterday to look.

I also read the news and sadly there are children all over the country dying at the hands of supposedly trusted caregivers. This problem is far bigger than occasional murders. It appears to be a national systemic problem. I’m doing research to see if it’s possibke to do something federally. It’s much harder but we will see where it might lead.

Dear pet detective

Thanks for picking up my slack. You are an incredibly smart person and it’s honorable to have so many intelligent astute members to interact with especially in this case. I don’t say thank you near often enough.

It will probably will never be addressed but the Dr notes bother me still.. and why the school didn’t call CPS they didn’t report till after he was missing. My daughter is a teacher on a military base and if she reports they respond and quickly. It really bothers me that nurse took notes but didn’t report.

It will probably will never be addressed but the Dr notes bother me still.. and why the school didn’t call CPS they didn’t report till after he was missing. My daughter is a teacher on a military base and if she reports they respond and quickly. It really bothers me that nurse took notes but didn’t report.
I've wondered and wondered if the school nurse reported his apparent abuse. I'm still wondering because we haven't heard either way.

I agree they knew early on. They set up tip line and began organizing searches. I might guess that if they had a cadaver dog it hit on the car and they knew right away they were looking for a deceased child.

Several members of WS devoted hours and hours searching and mapping searches. I don’t really know everything they did. But Wichita sure looked for him and did so quietly. I’m amazed at the time and effort people were looking.

And it angers me when I think of EG sitting in jail and at home knowing full well Lucas was dead and where his remains were
. I can’t think of the resources wasted which could have been utilized for other emergencies that she watched wasted.

I wonder what FBI profilers had to say about her. I’d be interested in tat analysis alone.

This has always puzzled me as well. I just don't understand why they didn't put a picture out of her vehicle as well as her face in the beginning. She was the last person to see him before she reported him missing. They knew she went to OG that night and left Lucas home alone. She admitted to smoking bowls before she went to OG, yet there was no evidence of any drug paraphernalia in the home or garage. All red flags right there. I feel that at the very least, they could have showed her vehicle, just in case it jogged someone's memory of seeing one on the side of the road.

BBM
I've only felt deep distrust and betrayal that LE protected EG by shadowing her obvious actions against Lucas for so many months.
They deliberately refused to release essential information that was vital to gaining the very tips they'd require, and further misled the public by hammering on irrelevant distractions based in lies, and in the end are no better than liars by pridefully refusing to admit to the entire approach as woefully shortsighted and dangerously ignorant.

Focus On Friday Night.

I Believe Lucas Didn't Just Walk Out Of That House.

LE standing by failing to refute MSM's false witness statements that LH was ever there all week doesn't appear accidental at all given what I've watched LE in various areas allow or insinuate on their own accord.
They were fine with this, aid and abet EG above all else.

LE didn't really want tips or witnesses. They wanted an easy case with only a couple of those closest to EG involved. From my own experience alone I honestly have to wonder at this stage whether LE bothered themselves to ever check in with LH's teachers. Did they trouble themselves to inquire of his doctor at the clinic he supposedly had gone to, prior to the 'Easy Replacement Mommy' JH picked up off a random corner murdering him; or investigated anyplace that he'd been involved in his far too short life- look where he'd Lived, to find out what Happened.

I'm a little irate about not being allowed to conversate on further topics, and the tepid trickle of gossip from other SM sites that occasionally fouls the air here.

To any who feels some way about these harsh sentiments, try getting past the blue line in the name of a lost life someday. It will really change your views about how much a child's life really matters.

Last edited:
They possibly suspected Lucas wasn't alive from before Wednesday with EG making up excuses for where he was on Valentines Day, so I'm not sure if they were necessarily focusing only on Friday and Saturday.
I'm fairly certain that they knew they were looking for a body the minute the dogs were on the scene. I realized they never said they were cadaver dogs but you don't stop searching when you're looking for a live child. You just don't.

I'm fairly certain that they knew they were looking for a body the minute the dogs were on the scene. I realized they never said they were cadaver dogs but you don't stop searching when you're looking for a live child. You just don't.
I agree and I wasn't suggesting that at all. I just don't think they had a clear timeline.

Except you know, it's EG's actual face, vehicle, and license plate to go on.

Because when a witness sees something shady, can't quite put their finger on why it bothers them, and are on the edge of calling that in as a tip, they know it in their heart it wasn't what you are saying. They know it is out of place.

People who've just seen a random white woman in a van aren't jumping over themselves to report anything. Look where Lucas is now.

Given what we know after DM showed up, this information may have made more of a difference if it was aired and printed in surrounding counties.

Within 48 hours of EG calling 911, some extremely important information came in. whether or not it was handled properly or hoarded among the elite is something else:

Search continues for missing Wichita boy

'As of late Monday afternoon, police have not had any luck in the search and are asking for the community to share any information that might point them in the right direction.'

But-

'Monday, tips led police to Glen Dey Park, the Great Plains Nature Center and Chisholm Creek Park.'

We now know that the tip about Lucas dump site was accurate and in the stupid rush to GO no one bothered to think it through. Because if not then why:

"It is a taxing case, but we do continue to investigate each and every lead that we have," Davidson says. "That's why we continue to ask the community to call us if they have any information they believe could help us in locating Lucas Hernandez."

'Police say members of the community have offered to help, but the department has all the resources it needs. Police say the best thing for people to do is to share any information they can to help find Lucas Hernandez.'

Clearly not, if they could repeatedly botch the most important clue they received. Makes me wonder what else was thrown out as 'not what we're looking for' and never followed up on.

BBM
I've only felt deep distrust and betrayal that LE protected EG by shadowing her obvious actions against Lucas for so many months.
They deliberately refused to release essential information that was vital to gaining the very tips they'd require, and further misled the public by hammering on irrelevant distractions based in lies, and in the end are no better than liars by pridefully refusing to admit to the entire approach as woefully shortsighted and dangerously ignorant.

Focus On Friday Night.

I Believe Lucas Didn't Just Walk Out Of That House.

LE standing by failing to refute MSM's false witness statements that LH was ever there all week doesn't appear accidental at all given what I've watched LE in various areas allow or insinuate on their own accord.
They were fine with this, aid and abet EG above all else.

LE didn't really want tips or witnesses. They wanted an easy case with only a couple of those closest to EG involved. From my own experience alone I honestly have to wonder at this stage whether LE bothered themselves to ever check in with LH's teachers. Did they trouble themselves to inquire of his doctor at the clinic he supposedly had gone to, prior to the 'Easy Replacement Mommy' JH picked up off a random corner murdering him; or investigated anyplace that he'd been involved in his far too short life- look where he'd Lived, to find out what Happened.

I'm a little irate about not being allowed to conversate on further topics, and the tepid trickle of gossip from other SM sites that occasionally fouls the air here.

To any who feels some way about these harsh sentiments, try getting past the blue line in the name of a lost life someday. It will really change your views about how much a child's life really matters.

Regarding "Focus on Friday Night", I don't recall that being stated by LE, but rather by a former VI. Can you direct me to that statement by LE? I think there are many rumors and much misinformation associated with this case, and while I too would have liked more direct answers from those agencies investigating, I don't think notifying the public should be a priority. I am hopeful that because of FBI, state, county and local police involvement, that a plan was in place, immediate family knew what was happening ( I remember JO stating she had confidence inLE after EG was released the first time ), and the rest of us will have to wait till everything is finalized to know what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni