MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #9 (J. Willis GUILTY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember so well when Jessica disappeared and the uproar her vanishing caused, and have always felt so so sad for her little boy especially.

This is a day that has been long awaited by many, I know, even if her mom isn't ready to go there yet which I also fully understand.

And here's a prediction I have, since the convicted felon is such a British donkey and rather grandiose, that he'll brag about her whereabouts down the line one day, to a fellow convicted felon.

I'll cling to that hope so that that young man will have a place to go visit his mom one day.

Rest peacefully now, Jessica.

Absolutely no reaction from him. He knows he is guilty.

He cried when the verdict was read in Rebecca’s trial I think the difference this time was that even if he was found innocent of killing Jessica he would still be spending his life in prison.

I just hope he doesn’t kill himself in prison I want him to spend every miserable day in his cell for life.

I thought JW looked somewhere between sick, upset, and angry when the verdict was read and the Honorable Judge rushed him on out of there.

It was low of the defense to read selected parts of her journal during his closing statement, but it obviously didn't help them at all. Maybe it is because Jessica's family did not testify, but I found the journal-reading and Detective Kasher's discussion of her inner life, fears, dreams, hopes, frustrations, absolutely beautiful. Jessica became more real to me and her life yes more human, but also 'more.' If that makes sense. I feel privileged to have heard those selections and remarks. If anything, I was even angrier at JW for taking her away from her son, whom she loved so much that he was in almost every thought.

:tyou: for updates on this case that I followed closely when Jessica first went missing. I'm glad to know that someone has been convicted of her kidnapping and murder and that there has been justice for Jessica. I hope Jessica's family feels some relief from this long ordeal, but I'm sure they would like to lay Jessica to rest before they can be at peace with their loss.

IMO this is a blow. I see Bluhm's statement as strong -- if circumstantial --
evidence that Jessica is deceased. There is credible evidence of abduction, even of JW's major role in her abduction: the murder of Rebekah, the attempted abduction of the 16 yo, the laser-sight battery cover, van sightings and video footage, the torture/rape kit. But 'proof' she was murdered? When I started watching this case, Bluhm's affidavit is what removed any doubt in my mind about Jessica's death and Willis' guilt. I think the jury could struggle with the murder charge.

I'm just re-reading all the trial threads, haven't had a chance to until now. Do you have a link for Bluhm's affidavit? I would be very interested to read it, from what I've read up to * so far * it hasn't sounded like a very strong case presented by the prosecution (I know and agree with how it ends! Just reading the exact trial details/testimony)

I'm just re-reading all the trial threads, haven't had a chance to until now. Do you have a link for Bluhm's affidavit? I would be very interested to read it, from what I've read up to * so far * it hasn't sounded like a very strong case presented by the prosecution (I know and agree with how it ends! Just reading the exact trial details/testimony)
Court documents reveal disturbing new information in Jessica Heeringa case

Above is a link to the court transcript of Detective Kasher's affadavit of Bluhm's interview (whew that's a mouthful). I can't find the original news article that I first posted somewhere back on an earlier thread before any of Willis's trials. Same interview, same detective, same information I think.

Twice-convicted killer plans message for victim's family

Those who were in the Muskegon courtroom during the two trials of Willis witnessed the demeanor of the man accused of horrific crimes. He was very involved in his defense, sometimes publicly clashing with his attorney, Fred Johnson, the head of the Muskegon County Public Defender Office. Now, undoubtedly to the dismay of his attorney, Willis is talking to 24 Hour News 8.

In a phone interview from prison, Willis said he has written an eight-page statement he will deliver during his sentencing.

While the Heeringa family did not attend any part of that trial because they do not believe the case has been solved, they still have the option to give a statement on Monday.

Willis again sentenced to life in prison, this time in death of Jessica Heeringa

After he attacked the justice system in a statement he read to the court, Jeffrey Willis was sentenced Monday to life in prison without parole for the murder of Jessica Heeringa.

He also was sentenced to 18 to 40 years on the kidnapping conviction.

Willis was convicted by a jury on both charges May 16, 2018, in Muskegon County District Court.

Willis again sentenced to life in prison, this time in death of Jessica Heeringa

After he attacked the justice system in a statement he read to the court, Jeffrey Willis was sentenced Monday to life in prison without parole for the murder of Jessica Heeringa.

He also was sentenced to 18 to 40 years on the kidnapping conviction.

Willis was convicted by a jury on both charges May 16, 2018, in Muskegon County District Court.

I can’t watch his statement as it would just upset me and make me want to smash something.

Law enforcement and Rebekah’s family reacted to it best
link to MLive interview.

I will continue to hope and pray that Jessica is found.

I can’t watch his statement as it would just upset me and make me want to smash something.
I forced myself to watch JW's statement. He blamed everyone else -- local police, the prosecutor, the justice system, and his defense attorneys -- and slandered Jessica's memory and the teenage victim he attempted to abduct. Also he spouted a bunch of freedom rhetoric, quoted law, and cried at the injustice of his situation. Ugh.

He is where he belongs and needs to give up Jessica's location.

I forced myself to watch JW's statement. He blamed everyone else -- local police, the prosecutor, the justice system, and his defense attorneys -- and slandered Jessica's memory and the teenage victim he attempted to abduct. Also he spouted a bunch of freedom rhetoric, quoted law, and cried at the injustice of his situation. Ugh.

He is where he belongs and needs to give up Jessica's location.

He is an absolute monster. Nobody believes his innocence act. Tragically I don’t think he will ever give up Jessica’s location as I believe he will enjoy having that psychological hold over people. I hoped his family might be able to get through to him.

He is an absolute monster. Nobody believes his innocence act. Tragically I don’t think he will ever give up Jessica’s location as I believe he will enjoy having that psychological hold over people. I hoped his family might be able to get through to him.
Yes! What you said! The control he has over Jessica's family and over Jessica herself will keep him from disclosing the location of her remains. To do what he has done control must be one of his driving motivations. His need for control was why he walked out of Rebekah's sentencing. And most satisfyingly his lack of control over his life in prison will be his fitting punishment.

Early on DJ Hilson had talked about prosecuting all the cases, including MJ's abduction. I hope they don't go through with that. Prisoners generally like to get 'out' for court. It is like a grade school field trip. And Willis likes to believe he is another Ted Bundy, thinking he is a better lawyer than his attorneys, putting on a show for the public and media, dramatically citing the Constitution as a wronged citizen. To deprive him of another court appearance is punishment.

I had/have no real hope that anyone could talk JW into giving up Jessica. I fear the only hope for finding her lies with Bluhm, *if* he has more information or that someone will find her accidentally. Her family is still in so much pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member