Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
That could be true. It seemed convenient that two of the mystery cars belonged to either a POI or one of their relatives at the time of William’s disappearance. As we’ve seen, there is more than one way for SFR to gather information.

What to make of FM’s report of the green-grey car turning into (and then reversing out of) FGM’s neighbour’s driveway earlier that morning, while she was watching William and his sister ride their bikes on FGM’s driveway, I don’t know.

Isn't this the car that was 'scrapped' in Qld?

Isn't this the car that was 'scrapped' in Qld?

A grey Astra sedan, similar to the one reported by William’s FM as being parked across the road in the morning before he disappeared, was said to be owned by PB’s son. PB said the car was in Queensland with his son on that day and had since been scrapped.

Another car, a dark grey/green sedan was reported to have turned into and reversed out of FGM’s neighbour’s driveway at around 9am that same morning, also by William’s FM. Whether the two cars reported were one and the same or two separate vehicles has never been elaborated on.

Last edited:
A grey Astra sedan, similar to the one reported by William’s FM as being parked across the road in the morning before he disappeared, was said to be owned by PB’s son. PB said the car was in Queensland with his son on that day and had since been scrapped.

Another car, a dark grey/green sedan was reported to have turned into and reversed out of FGM’s neighbour’s driveway at around 9am that same morning, also by William’s FM. Whether the two cars reported were one and the same or two separate vehicles has never been elaborated on.
The same car seen in next door driveway to someone in prison already on a similar matter?

Would like to know if the scrapped car was found and followed up.

Am i losing the plot! I have been catching up and read almost the whole thread in last 2 days, did i read a comment somewhere about the initial stages and FF being cleared quickly and that they knew the detective at the time Fehon? Correct me if I am wrong, i have gone over so much over last couple days and cant remember what I read :*

Only reason I can think of is that there was a suppression order in place so the outcome of the NSW trial wouldn’t jeopardise the Victorian proceedings had the finding been ‘Guilty’. I suppose it still applies to a ‘Not Guilty’ verdict but that wouldn’t make much sense if he has also opted for a judge-only trial in Victoria, would it? Maybe he hasn’t . . . yet.

Yes, the behaviour seems bizarre but, then again, the behaviour of all of the players in William’s case seem bizarre, with a few notable exceptions.
Was thinking that, but it is unusual. But as you said so are a lot of things in this case. All media reports very calculated and for reason to help the investigation i guess.

Am i losing the plot! I have been catching up and read almost the whole thread in last 2 days, did i read a comment somewhere about the initial stages and FF being cleared quickly and that they knew the detective at the time Fehon? Correct me if I am wrong, i have gone over so much over last couple days and cant remember what I read :*

I wouldn't say that you are losing the plot, but I have never read that Fehon personally knows the foster family. At least, not prior to William disappearing. Unless you have a link that says otherwise?

He is based in Port Macquarie, and overseas a large area command. So, I am sure that he knows, or knows of, many people in that general area.

His parents own/ed a holiday home near Port Macquarie, so he spent time there - off and on - while working in Sydney, and in South America, before achieving his role as Mid-North Coast Local Area Commander.

His family comes from the mid-western Sydney suburbs.

Paul Fehon

Last edited:
She said: “It was really odd because the whole time that mum and dad have lived at Kendall there has never ever been cars parked on that street, ever. It just didn’t make sense to me,” his mum said.

“And I kick myself, I kick myself in terms of why didn’t I note down the numberplates?

“But the logic part of me says, you know what, in Sydney, you’d write down a numberplate. In Kendall, there’s no reason to write down a numberplate. It is one of the safest towns in NSW.”

The two cars, which police say were kept secret for a year for “tactical reasons”, were parked across the road from William’s grandmother’s house on Benaroon Drive with their diver’s side windows down.
William’s mum and dad hit out at net trolls

Thanks TGY - answered my previous query re timeframe of the report of these cars.

Ok - did FM see them or not that morning ?

Did she see them, but police held that information, instead deciding an appeal for everyone in the vicinity to come forward may have better results ?

Was it a combination of both above, and when the particular owners of these specific cars didn't come forward, Police made the information public ??

I can't imagine the stress about now for not only those responsible for this crime, but for those who know, those who might be considered to know, and those who even just 'wonder' about 'someone', because I'm pretty sure the Curtain is about to Fall, and all in its Folds will be brought to the Bench - there's been far too many chances given to date for anyone to then claim 'ignorance' IMO.

Bring it on !

I wouldn't say that you are losing the plot, but I have never read that Fehon personally knows the foster family. At least, not prior to William disappearing. Unless you have a link that says otherwise?

He is based in Port Macquarie, and overseas a large area command. So, I am sure that he knows, or knows of, many people in that general area.

His parents owned a holiday home near Port Macquarie, so he spent time there - off and on - while working in Sydney, and in South America, before achieving his role as Mid-North Coast Local Area Commander.

His family comes from the mid-western Sydney suburbs.

Paul Fehon
Yeah i must have misread whatever it was I have read so much catching up in here. :) Thanks for the details

Interesting that they use the term “found” for the toy, but then “seized” for the shovel, as though the shovel was belonging to someone.

ha ... Yes, but then I think journos pride themselves on being able to 'mix up' the words for what they think delivers the same, but far more "readable" message!
Hence why we get hacked off by a lot of the seeming 'inaccuracies' because we tend to get 'literal' in our sleuthing !

It is also good to remember that Jubes did not take over the case until February 2015.

Prior to that Fehon was the spokesperson (and perhaps the coordinator of the search for William?) Different people, different methodology, different experiences.

Who knows if a database containing all related info had been started and/or completed before Jubes. Who knows when the info about the cars came to the surface of all those bits of paper, notes, leads, phone calls, tips, notifications.

These same issues trouble veteran homicide detective Gary Jubelin, who took over this case in early February after the retirement of a colleague. Jubelin’s first task was a comprehensive review of the search. “Once I was assured that it was a thorough and professional search then, OK, if he’s not lost, he’s been snatched.” After meticulously investigating William’s immediate and wider family the detectives have ruled them out.
Nocookies The Australian April 18, 2015

Oops

ha ... Yes, but then I think journos pride themselves on being able to 'mix up' the words for what they think delivers the same, but far more "readable" message!
Hence why we get hacked off by a lot of the seeming 'inaccuracies' because we tend to get 'literal' in our sleuthing !

Hmm, true! o_O
At least they’re giving us something to speculate over while we wait to hear from the search team again. :D

That article was written before it was publicised that William is a foster child. I sometimes wonder if 'immediate' meant (at the time) bio, and 'wider' meant (at the time) foster. Or vice versa.

They couldn't very well say 'both sets of parents' at that point in time. It was still the period of complicated family history.

That article was written before it was publicised that William is a foster child. I sometimes wonder if 'immediate' meant (at the time) bio, and 'wider' meant (at the time) foster. Or vice versa.

They couldn't very well say 'both sets of parents' at that point in time. It was still the period of complicated family history.

That’s exactly how I always understood it, but the Foster being the immediate, as they were the family with which he resided.

I'm a little perplexed by the search.
If it's meant to be re-covering the initial search to satisfy the courts William is not missing due to misadventure - this search would be covering a 3km "radius" around FGM house as opposed to a 3km "area" wouldn't it?
Following the pictures in the media, in these early days, that doesn't appear to be how this search has been mapped out. It will be interesting to follow where the search flows on to.
I have no doubt there is work being done to cross T's and dot I's for coroner and criminal courts - but if it's an area they search which stretches further than 3kms from Fgm's house, I'm inclined to think they are also searching a particular 3km area due to information they are working on.

We’re for Sydney | Daily Telegraph

Natalie Collins, 59, broke down as she said: “This is just opening old wounds for us, the door never closes... They’re never going to find William — I just know in my heart he’s dead.
I know exactly what’s happened, someone’s taken him and done something to him. Brendan (William’s father) says it, too, he believes William’s gone.”

BBM WTF? So very very strange. With the incredible links to POI's and their links and the web of connections, makes me wonder is she desperate to cover for someone? I take her as being someone who could be quite vulnerable and possibly threatened to help someones cause and cover up? It is a spin out.

It almost sounds like someone who does know what happened has prepared her for what to expect.

I'm starting to understand the frustration and anger from reporters (such as Caroline Overington) being unable to share much because of the privacy laws in place for William.

Last edited:
It almost sounds like someone who does know what happened has prepared her for what to expect.

I'm starting to understand the frustration and anger from reporters (such as Caroline Overington) being unable to share much because of the privacy laws in place for William.

I think many/most people who read and listen to the media would come to the same conclusion as Natalie, and Brendan.
By that, I mean that 'someone has taken William and done something to him, and now he's gone'.

There is nothing in her words to say that she knows who has done this to William, or that she has any more knowledge than anyone else (other than the police and coroner and perpetrator, of course).

I can't see the police informing her of details. I think she could be a bit of a loose cannon with her words, potentially harm the outcome of the investigation. imo

Last edited:
You know, I’ve been thinking about the reason DCI Jubelin replied in this manner to a reporter’s question about an inquest at his presser in September 2017:

’I'm personally hoping it doesn't get to a coronial investigation because that would be indicative of us finding out what's happened to William.'*​

I wonder if DCI Jubelin not only knows the ‘who’ but the ‘how’.

If an inquest was to be held, the details could be released *cough* ‘in the public interest’ and sensationalised in MSM and on SM. Whereas, if the matter goes to a criminal court it would be a closed court subject to suppression orders, therefore preserving at least some of William’s dignity.

Am I correct in thinking this? Someone with more legal smarts may be able to answer this question.

This is something that has stuck in my mind for a while.

[*Source: https://www.pscp.tv/w/1LyxBEAvXDaJN]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member