Found Deceased OH - Joni Davis, 55 & Brian Goff, 64, St. Clairsville, 10 June 2018 *found deceased 2021*

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Brian E. Goff, 64, and Joni D. Davis, 55, of Martins Ferry were last seen leaving Pizza Hut in St. Clairsville at approximately 7 p.m. Sunday. They were traveling in a light blue 1990 Oldsmobile 88 four-door sedan with Ohio license plate EYA7482.

Goff is described as being 5 foot, 10 inches tall and weighing 190 pounds. Davis is described as being 5 foot, 2 inches tall and weighing 138 pounds. Both have brown hair and brown eyes.

Joni Davis' family said they've learned through surveillance video that after leaving the St. Clairsville Pizza Hut, the couple didn't stay on National Road through Bridgeport.

They turned off either taking I-70 to Route 214 or taking Chermont Road.

And they said Joni Davis and Brian Goff were not just client and health care worker they were a couple even before Joni suffered traumatic brain injury in 1998. They also said Brian was a devoted caretaker.

Their clothes, all their medications, things they had laid out for the rest of the week are still at their house on Colerain Pike.

Sheriff’s Office Investigating Missing Persons Incident | News, Sports, Jobs - The Intelligencer
New information about missing Belmont County couple

goff_1529090013702_45595810_ver1.0_1280_720_1529269459224_45794538_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

New information about missing Belmont County couple

Photo of couple and interview with Joni’s sister and brother in law.

“Joni's Sister's Fiance, Paul Newell said, "For him and her to disappear with her handicaps and the way he treated her, it's, it's not right. Something's wrong."

Joni Davis' sister Jackie said Brian Goff stuck to routine and structure.

Davis said,"They at at the same places daily. He had his routine. They would eat. He would go to the gas station on the Island for his cigarettes, Reese Cups and a lottery ticket. He would stop at Arby's in Aetnaville."

And they haven't turned up at any of those places. They said Joni and Brian were not spontaneous. They would not have decided to take a trip on a whim.

The Belmont County Sheriff's Department and the family have searched for a week.”

A new article/video tonight. Link: Missing persons case expands to Jefferson County

The Belmont County Sheriff's Department has taken the surveillance recording from a local gas station that seems to indicate the pair was last seen going north.

"It seems like, with the way the car was last headed north on seven, it seems like I said that we really need to start looking up in Jefferson County. All indications that they were last seen heading north right into Jefferson County," said Joni's sister, Jackie Davis.

Article also mentions possible foul play....

he scope is widening, in the case of the two missing people from Belmont County.

And it may involve foul play, and another county.

Googlemaps link from Pizza Hut Martin's Ferry to Rayland (which is where north bound 7 heads): Google Maps

Anyone local that would know how easy it would be to drive into the Ohio River?

I'm not feeling very good about a positive outcome. :(

Checking in, hoping for news re: Joni and Brian. This makes me feel so sad. I'm thinking an accident. Praying for them and their family.

I also think this is likely an accident of some kind. I'm wondering if they could have gone into the Ohio River someplace. I was hoping for some locals to chime in on that idea....

I also think this is likely an accident of some kind. I'm wondering if they could have gone into the Ohio River someplace. I was hoping for some locals to chime in on that idea....

I'm afraid it may have been something like that. They don't seem to be a couple who would be targeted for a robbery or car-jacking, and their car is fairly distinctive due to it's age, IMO. They appear to be pretty devoted to each other :(

A new article/video tonight. Link: Missing persons case expands to Jefferson County

Article also mentions possible foul play....

Googlemaps link from Pizza Hut Martin's Ferry to Rayland (which is where north bound 7 heads): Google Maps

Anyone local that would know how easy it would be to drive into the Ohio River?

I'm not feeling very good about a positive outcome. :(
I grew up in the area and it would be near impossible for them to have driven into the river. I would be looking over some of the hillsides as people have gone off the road in some of the surrounding areas and not been found for weeks. As an aside, there has been a huge amount of rain/flooding and quite a number of roads have washed out or slid down the hills.

If they went to Martins Ferry or Bridgeport and took Route 7 north or south they would have been driving right along the Ohio River and there are a few curves and close edges that way. Nothing I've ever considered dangerous but distracting or impaired driving or bad weather might affect conditions. If they were on 214 there are windy spots and steep edges too.

However if they went in the river close to either Martins Ferry or Bridgeport I think they would have been found by now.

US40 is also located where they were driving and it follows Wheeling Creek, but it's well populated and I think if they went over the side or into the creek there someone would have spotted their car by now.

Thunderstorms in that area can get bad - roads flood quickly, the drop offs get slick and muddy, and the sky gets dark. I'm trying to find a weather report from the day they went missing.

I grew up in the area and it would be near impossible for them to have driven into the river. I would be looking over some of the hillsides as people have gone off the road in some of the surrounding areas and not been found for weeks. As an aside, there has been a huge amount of rain/flooding and quite a number of roads have washed out or slid down the hills.
I wonder if they went over an edge on a rural section of one of those smaller roads (not 40, 214, or 7).

Thank you for the local perspective KCappy!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back