WI - Erin Bushek, 35, La Crosse, 2 Jun 2018

cybervampira

Reaction score
La Crosse Police are asking for the publics help in locating Erin Bushek. Please see the below post for additional details.
893CBBEA-CD1C-4335-8871-CB4C69805080.jpeg
If you have information please call the La Crosse Police at 608-785-5962. You can also remain anonymous, by contacting the La Crosse Area Crime Stoppers at 608-784-TIPS or visit www.lacrossecrimestoppers.com to report it online. You can also download the Crime Stoppers App “P3” to submit a tip via your phone.

City of La Crosse Police Department

This is an area I'm pretty familiar with - I know people who went to school up there. I wonder if they checked the bluffs - hate to say it, but if I were police that would be my first place to look in a missing persons case where everything was left at the home.

It would be nice if they gave us a little more information. Was she a runner? Did she take regular walks? Could that be why her belongings were left at home? Does she have a car? Is it missing? Was she depressed? When was the last time someone saw her? Her Facebook page is private, so we can't get much from there. Hopefully she has a friend or family member that will see this thread and reach out for help. I hope she's okay.

Just to give everyone kind of a run down on La Crosse - it is a college town but there is definitely more to the city than just the school. Lots of local bars and right on the Minnesota border. There are large scenic bluffs that overlook the city as well as the Mississippi River, which I would consider the two most crucial spots for a search.

I live in the area. We saw a woman acting, what some would consider, "strange." She was at a river look out parking lot drawing on the round with a rock or chalk. I think a rock because it really looked like she was really trying to get something to show up. Then when I drove by again, it was raining. (less than 5 min - i drove by it coming home, then leaving right away to take the kids out to eat) She had her car door open and was dancing in the rain. I thought, she must be happy. She must be celebrating. I just reported this, just in case it was her. Might be helpful? I can't find a description of her vehicle, (if she had one) but i do remember what type of vehicle the dancing woman was next to.

from: Investigation continues into death of La Crosse woman

"As of Monday morning, La Crosse Police said they would not be releasing any additional information on the case. "

I guess it’s not too surprising to hear this. The police are calling it a homicide investigation so I suppose they can’t release too many details so as not to tip off a suspect. I pray for swift justice for Erin.

Okay. Since they are investigating this as a homicide I will add this to the thread. Erin Bushek is the name she is apparently going by. It is not clear that she was divorced from her husband. Her name is Erin Somvilai. This is known because she was charged under that name on June 1st, 2018 - the day before being reported missing - under that name.

I suggest that those following should go to the Wisconsin Court Case site and search her under the Somvilai name.

Wisconsin Court System - Case search

Choose the Wisconsin Circuit Court Access link.
Choose "I Agree" on the next screen.
On the search screen enter last name and then the first.
Hit search.

ETA: If you go through the court cases and read the detail - particularly starting from 2012 forward you will see what kind of mess was going on.

Last edited:
Okay. Since they are investigating this as a homicide I will add this to the thread. Erin Bushek is the name she is apparently going by. It is not clear that she was divorced from her husband. Her name is Erin Somvilai. This is known because she was charged under that name on June 1st, 2018 - the day before being reported missing - under that name.

I suggest that those following should go to the Wisconsin Court Case site and search her under the Somvilai name.

Hit search.

ETA: If you go through the court cases and read the detail - particularly starting from 2012 forward you will see what kind of mess was going on.

She was apparently arrested on those charges 5/31/2018 and bonded out the same day for $850: Erin E Somvilai from WI Police Arrest Report ID 45835283

Hit search.

Thanks for this! I wonder if the complainant has anything to do with Erin’s death.

Am I reading correctly that she’s also a mother of at least 2 children? If so, that makes it even more tragic. RIP Erin.

She was apparently arrested on those charges 5/31/2018 and bonded out the same day for $850: Erin E Somvilai from WI Police Arrest Report ID 45835283

Her actual bond amount is different

This is from the 06-01-2018 Initial appearance filing and includes the bond and conditions of the bond:

Additional text:
for RAG Def in custody w/Aty Rhodes (will appt outside) Pretrial report filed $1500 sig bond signed w/cond: no contact w/IG Def stands mute - not guilty plea entered. PTCDA: 6/22 @ 3:30 Plea: 8/28 @ 2 (RAG)

The actual charges listed are (No Battery listed):

1 947.01(1) Disorderly Conduct Misd. B
2 943.01(1) Criminal Damage to Property Misd. A

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member