‘McDonald’s made me a prostitute:’ - woman sues fast food giant

Yeah, I'm still not seeing how McDonald's would be responsible. Even if she couldn't complaint to them, there's still the Department of Labor. Labor law's not really my thing, so I don't know too much about it, but this really doesn't seem like a case.

Even if every word of this woman's story is true, If McDonalds is never put on notice that there is a problem, how then can you come back 20-30 years later and hold them accountable??

If she failed to make any effort to clue corporate in that she was being so horribly victimized by this man, how then were they to have prevented it or addressed/resolved the problem?

It took her this long to decide McDonalds corporation is responsible for actions that took place in the 80s but somehow the corporation should have foreseen and prevented all of this ahead of time? Makes no sense. It is not reasonable. IMO

IF any of this from the OP link is true:
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...-working-girl-article-1.1052277#ixzz1rqKBzXIC
BBM

then I do not feel this is frivolous. Far less frivolous than the lady who sued them for serving her hot coffee and burning herself with it. I expect my coffee to be hot and would be pizzed if it were not. I do not expect to be harassed at my work with no avenue to address the issue even if I allowed myself to become involved with my boss - often times it isn't the woman's choice if she wants to keep her job. And as far as simply moving to a different store....not if the manager puts in a bad word about her to the other managers because wants her under his control. If this woman can prove these allegations then I say more power to her. There are far more frivolous things clogging up our courts right now than this IMO.

Imagine for one second if what she says is true. Or even partially true. How would you feel if this were your sister? Would you really want the case simply thrown out without looking into what she is saying?

The unfortunate headline on this article is doing nothing to help this woman's case.
Fine, but McDonald's did not force her to date the guy, marry him or become a prostitute. Since when are they responsible for her bad choices in life? I don't think this was what Ray Krok had in mind when he bought the original McDonald's restaurant from a couple of Scottish brothers in San Bernadino!
I think she'll be laughed out of court!

She could have gone after Hostess for making Ho Hos. :D

[ame="[URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ho_Hos"]Ho Hos - Wikipedia[/URL]"]Ho Hos - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]
I think I should sue Little Debbie. Seriously.

I had to find out how this ended and she lost the suit

JUDGMENT by Judge John F. Walter. IT IS NOW, THEREFORE, HEREBY ORDERED, ADJUDGED AND DECREED, that judgment is entered in this action as follows: (1) Plaintiff Shelley Lynn shall recover nothing from Keith Handley, Ivernia, Inc., and McDonald's USA, LLC; (2) Defendants Keith Handley, Ivernia, Inc., and McDonald's USA, LLC shall have judgment in their favor on Plaintiff Shelley Lynn's entire action; and (3) Defendants Keith Handley, Ivernia, Inc., and McDonald's USA, LLC shall recover from Plaintiff Shelley Lynn their costs of suit in the sum of $______. (jp)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
galesr
Back