Found Deceased Canada - Dan Archbald, 37, & Ryan Daley, 43, Ucluelet, Bc, 16 May 2018

Just noting as mentioned in the article FWIW, (tho it's been posted before in this thread that it is a call-in station), & maybe nothing at all

...Ucluelet is the only port on the island's west coast with a call-in station for reporting to the Canada Border Services Agency.

What bearing that may have had I have no clue.

Where are Ryan & Daniel???

From the above article, found this a bit interesting:

Daniel MacDonnell was last seen June 20, 2017, after returning to the Port Alberni area from Eastern Canada. According to police reports, MacDonnell’s father said his son planned to work on fishing vessels in either Port Alberni or Ucluelet.

If Ucluelet, that would quite possibly put him in the Ucluelet small craft harbour where Dan and Ryan were last seen..

On another note, their plans to start a charter business might have been infringing on somebody else's territory??

Mooring at Ucluelet maybe means they were planning as the Small Craft Marina as their base for their charter business...Maybe they were setting themselves up for competition???

Precisely what I was thinking...lol (while looking thru the list of other charter services already out of Ucluelet)

I’ve been getting “inlet” in my head. So I started to wonder how they could possible get through the inlet. Their boat is docked.

I feel like if they actually headed in the direction they told the harbour manager, at least 1 person would see them.

Then it hit me. Just a theory of course. What if they have a boat in the bag. I decided to see if that’s possible and found these.

What do you guys think

I am on board with this idea of them having a small motor dingy type watercraft as OSM has proposed...it's simple geography in my mind. Something may have happened out on the water trekking south along the shore to Jordan River FWIW IMHO MOO

https://goo.gl/maps/DezvRTLpZiw

There is now ANOTHER 30-something family man that has gone missing on Vancouver Island - this time in the Colwood, BC area (suburb of Victoria). Went missing Friday night around 9:30.

Attachments

• 0F21BA1A-576F-48A9-86DB-D2CF22807587.png
    0F21BA1A-576F-48A9-86DB-D2CF22807587.png
    284.4 KB · Views: 51
I'm sorry but I'm still stuck on the fact that with traveling to and from Panama, all the gas it would take, (even if it is a sail boat, I'm sure there is an engine and I'm sure it was used) taxes on the boat, a $100k boat; there was money to be spent..... But somehow arranging and or paying for a taxi was were they drew the line at spending money, that makes literally no sense. They were there for 3 days they could have easily arranged transportation. There is a reason they didn't use transportation to leave the dock and I'd really like to know why!!

I'm sorry but I'm still stuck on the fact that with traveling to and from Panama, all the gas it would take, (even if it is a sail boat, I'm sure there is an engine and I'm sure it was used) taxes on the boat, a $100k boat; there was money to be spent..... But somehow arranging and or paying for a taxi was were they drew the line at spending money, that makes literally no sense. They were there for 3 days they could have easily arranged transportation. There is a reason they didn't use transportation to leave the dock and I'd really like to know why!!

Motoring (cruising as it's known) and sailing are very different things. Like taking a gondola down the mountain vs skiing down. You won't find people buying lift tickets because they like to ride up and down the gondola: that quickly gets boring. Skiing never, ever gets boring, because as you get better, you take on more challenging runs. Young men will spend a fortune on ski gear, lift tickets, ski holidays, and be unable to afford many things that more staid people consider essential.

Sailors plans long voyages to take advantage of the predictable winds in certain seasons to get to various places. They head far out to sea to catch the trade winds, rather than sailing close to shore.

The pair had just arrived in Hawaii, Youell said, and Daley called to say that, despite the heavy seas, they were OK.

They weren't put--put--putting up the coast. They sailed all the way to Hawaii, and then in a wide arc north to Canada.

ETA: Just a historical note that occurred to me, the route from Hawaii to Vancouver Island was sailed by Captain Vancouver in 1792, long before motors.

Last edited:
100% agree with you. LOVED this post.

https://www.westerlynews.ca/news/remains-of-two-people-found-in-ucluelet/
Officials say the bodies were discovered late last week by a woman walking her dog in the area near Ucluelet, and they are working with the BC Coroners Service to identify the remains.
I wonder when these bodies were discovered and why LE have sat on that info...
To me, late last week means Thursday or Friday. Saturday or Sunday would usually be referred to as the weekend.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmdigital
Back