Welcome To Websleuths # 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that the move has been made and things have hopefully calmed down a bit, has there been any talk of bringing back access to Tapatalk for those of us who primarily access from mobile? Contrary to previous hopes, the new site is not friendly to the browser on my phone. I have a lot of trouble with it freezing, dragging on forever, posts appearing out of order, text/screen hopping around, hard to see/click on links, kicking me out of other apps, etc. The past several days have been significantly worse, but it has never been what I would call pleasant to use, when compared to the TT app accessibility. I've also been getting some strange push notifications that I can't seem to turn off - seems to happen every time I scroll past an imbedded video.

I feel like it's been long enough that we've given it the ol' college try with just using the browser for mobile, and perhaps time to consider the TT option. Thank you for considering my request.

Flute

Hi Flute, the thing is I think there have been the same difficulties for everyone recently, including those not using mobiles.
Thank you for sharing this information. It does sound as if there are some frustrations in general, which I understand, but the browser usage was very inconvenient even prior to the recent site issues. The whole reason for using the TT app is to be able to eliminate the need for browser usage altogether, and it definitely serves that purpose, at least for me.

I really love being a member of WS and am just disappointed that my time spent here is now more frustration and waiting than actual discussing/sleuthing. :(

Now that the move has been made and things have hopefully calmed down a bit, has there been any talk of bringing back access to Tapatalk for those of us who primarily access from mobile? Contrary to previous hopes, the new site is not friendly to the browser on my phone. I have a lot of trouble with it freezing, dragging on forever, posts appearing out of order, text/screen hopping around, hard to see/click on links, kicking me out of other apps, etc. The past several days have been significantly worse, but it has never been what I would call pleasant to use, when compared to the TT app accessibility. I've also been getting some strange push notifications that I can't seem to turn off - seems to happen every time I scroll past an imbedded video.

I feel like it's been long enough that we've given it the ol' college try with just using the browser for mobile, and perhaps time to consider the TT option. Thank you for considering my request.

Flute

I was terrified of trying use the site without TT but it hasn’t been as difficult as I expected. The thing I’m missing most is their feature of ‘trending discussions’ that was where I used to find the most popular threads to follow. I can’t find anything similar on the new site and I feel a bit lost without it.
I believe there’s a reason why TT won’t be practical since the move but I would definitely switch back if it became possible.

I was terrified of trying use the site without TT but it hasn’t been as difficult as I expected. The thing I’m missing most is their feature of ‘trending discussions’ that was where I used to find the most popular threads to follow. I can’t find anything similar on the new site and I feel a bit lost without it.
I believe there’s a reason why TT won’t be practical since the move but I would definitely switch back if it became possible.
It was explained to me that, since the new site would automatically "form" to the mobile usage, TT wouldn't be necessary. Unfortunately, 1. that hasn't happened and 2. TT was convenient in more ways than just the structure of the page view.

My guess is that the TT capability is an add-on that requires additional fees, which I completely understand.

Is it possible to set an alert for just one thread, or only the threads I follow? I don't want alerts everytime someone posts, but have a few threads I would.

Noticed a problem today - I'm not getting ALL my "Watched Threads" being there. I only had 3 this morning - but I just KNEW there would have to be more. I checked all (well most) of my threads and they were all marked "Watch", but they are not coming up....
dont-no-smiley.gif

Noticed a problem today - I'm not getting ALL my "Watched Threads" being there. I only had 3 this morning - but I just KNEW there would have to be more. I checked all (well most) of my threads and they were all marked "Watch", but they are not coming up....
dont-no-smiley.gif

Very spotty today also, across the board. Has anyone heard anything recently from Admin about the progress of tweaking?

dont-no-smiley.gif

Could it be that only those three had current posts? I only get the ones that have current posts, but at the bottom you can click in "see all watched threads" and you should get the whole list.

My notifications were/are really spotty yesterday and today. For instance, I never got any notifications about people replying to this thread. I know I can click the “watched threads” tab but it’s really convenient to receive notifications when people reply to threads I’m watching. I say that now since I’m not watching too many threads lol

Are you on a phone or a tablet or a computer?

On a computer, the new threads just pop right up, on the far right of the screen it says NEW THREADS, and they are constantly updated.

And on the top banner, like the old site, there is NEW POSTS, just like before. It might be different on a phone...?
Hi. And, thank you for trying to help me out. I'm on a MAC so, that could also be part of the problem. I have Watched Threads in the banner, not new threads. I'll give it five more minutes now, and then may try again in a month. Have a wonderful summer.

I am attaching a photo. These auto play video ads....... I don't know what to say about it. When that "sound" symbol shows up in the top of my screen, that means a video ad is playing. My entire phone lags or freezes and gets BURNING hot. I mean burning. Like I am worried it's going to combust kind of hot. I don't care about necessarily using tapatalk, but sadly, the lag, freeze the screen and burn the phone will make coming here impossible. Please fix it! This is something that was added after the first week or 2. The same time the big ad showed up at the top of the screen. I know it can be fixed because this was ADDED, not the way it was. I love websleuths and don't know how I will go to sleep without reading every night, but somethings gotta give

Attachments

• 2018-06-18 23.19.48.png
    2018-06-18 23.19.48.png
    272 KB · Views: 16
Could it be that only those three had current posts? I only get the ones that have current posts, but at the bottom you can click in "see all watched threads" and you should get the whole list.

But when I click on the "see all watched threads" - the 3 current posts are bold and the rest are not bold. But I went to a couple of my threads I'm watching (when someone posts on that thread), as bears said - they are not showing up anymore. This only started yesterday.

And I have to agree on my laptop getting HOT!! I just had it cleaned so that is NOT the problem - I'm thinking it's those ads!! Had a ton of problems yesterday in trying to post and scroll even! Frustrating to say the least.... :(

I went way over my gigabyte download allowance this month I just found out and BT want to charge me extra - it has to be these videos constantly playing. I also have to have the volume turned down constantly because of it. Plus the slowness. I am going to alert on my post. I recommend others check their download limits and charges.

It’s funny you should say this as I’ve just discovered I used far more data last month. I have 25gb a month so luckily didn’t go over. I usually use no more than 2gb a month. I’ve used 4.9. I haven’t done anything differently. It didn’t occur to me it could be the ads.
Does anyone know if there’s a setting on an iPhone that shows you how you used your data so I can check?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member