Found Deceased Wa - Cornelius "casey" Zippro, 31, Colonial Creek Campground, Rockport, 16 June 2018

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Cornelius "Casey" Zippro, 31, went camping with a friend on Saturday at the Colonial Creek Campground near Rockport. He was last seen at the campground on Saturday. His friend reported Zippro missing on Sunday around 1:00 p.m.

Nearly two dozens people searched for Zippro on Monday. The NPS said they have located some of his belongings, but still haven't found the man.

Zippro is about 5-feet-9-inches tall, about 190 pounds with dark blond hair and blue/green eyes. He was believed to be wearing jeans, a light gray shirt, a light green jacket and a black and white baseball cap.

Park rangers searching for man missing in North Cascades

717df139-d10f-4555-bf9f-893d31e897b3-large16x9_missingman.JPG

Cornelius "Casey" Zippro, 31, went camping with a friend on Saturday at the Colonial Creek Campground near Rockport. He was last seen at the campground on Saturday. His friend reported Zippro missing on Sunday around 1:00 p.m.

Nearly two dozens people searched for Zippro on Monday. The NPS said they have located some of his belongings, but still haven't found the man.

Zippro is about 5-feet-9-inches tall, about 190 pounds with dark blond hair and blue/green eyes. He was believed to be wearing jeans, a light gray shirt, a light green jacket and a black and white baseball cap.

Park rangers searching for man missing in North Cascades

717df139-d10f-4555-bf9f-893d31e897b3-large16x9_missingman.JPG

That campground is right by the only real road in the area (Hwy 20), it's next to a lake and a bridge, and there are trails that head into the very rugged area around it. It could be anything from he got a ride out of the area, to got lost hiking, to an accident in the lake. Since he was last seen on Saturday afternoon (according to this article: Search underway in North Cascades National Park for missing 31-year-old hiker/camper ) I'd guess he got lost hiking. It says they're searching with a helicopter, so I hope the weather holds and that they are able to find him quickly.

First time trying to insert an image. If it doesn't "take" the missing poster I was trying to display is from the National Park System's Investigative Unit FB. If you google "NPS Investigative Casey Zippro" it will take you there and the poster is a few posts ago. It has more detail on him including tattoo photo than in other media.

I wish they'd release where his personal belongings were found. Was it at the campsite itself or out on any of the trails? It might be a clue as to what direction he traveled, especially in that he wasn't reported missing for almost 24 hours after last being seen.

I wish they'd release where his personal belongings were found. Was it at the campsite itself or out on any of the trails? It might be a clue as to what direction he traveled, especially in that he wasn't reported missing for almost 24 hours after last being seen.

I have also wondered why he was reported missing so late, was there an argument or did he say he wanted some time for himself? Haven't found an update so far....

I have also wondered why he was reported missing so late, was there an argument or did he say he wanted some time for himself? Haven't found an update so far....

How likely is it for a grown man to wander away from his campsite and never found again? Do they mention if he had a cell phone and was it found? I also think it's odd that the friend didn't call till 1 pm on Sunday.

Was the campground pretty full? Did other campers see him on Saturday? I'm curious about waiting until Sunday as well, although some people do still think you're supposed to wait 24 hours. What type of belongings and where they were found would be a huge clue too. Was he hiking up the Thunder Knob trail? Did he walk back to Hwy 20 and possibly catch a ride with someone?

Was the campground pretty full? Did other campers see him on Saturday? I'm curious about waiting until Sunday as well, although some people do still think you're supposed to wait 24 hours. What type of belongings and where they were found would be a huge clue too. Was he hiking up the Thunder Knob trail? Did he walk back to Hwy 20 and possibly catch a ride with someone?

Criminal Records check had some interesting results, typical alcohol misadventures of the young but it cost him his driver's license. I hope he just hitchhiked out and doesn't know he is missing.

He has got an Instagram Account ( @pnwcasey), where he posted a short video and some photos last saturday, could one of you have a look? My phone is crap...:rolleyes:

How likely is it for a grown man to wander away from his campsite and never found again? Do they mention if he had a cell phone and was it found? I also think it's odd that the friend didn't call till 1 pm on Sunday.
His Mom posted that he had his cell phone and wallet with him but there's no cell signal until you get about an hour our of the park by car. She said he never carries cash and there was no bank activity for him since he went missing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back