Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do we know when EG called the LL about it?

Found this in the media thread:

When did Lucas Hernandez die? No reported confirmed sightings of the 5-yr-old since Feb. 11, a week before reported missing

A few neighbors told CrimeOnline they never saw Lucas at all during the week prior to his reported disappearance on February 17. Calls to the landlord of the home remain unreturned, and despite previous claims that the landlord spotted Lucas peeking through a window on February 16, authorities have not confirmed the information to be accurate.

Emily Glass, the live-in girlfriend of Lucas’ father, Jonathan Hernandez, indicated in a written statement to authorities in late February that she called the landlord to check on a “foul smell” on February 16. Yet, it’s still unclear whether the landlord stopped by at all on that particular day.

She did nothing except hide facts, lied, beat a poor defenseless child, hid his body and watch hundreds of people spend 96 days looking for him.

I don’t care what her mental health diagnosis is or was, it was one if the worst punishments to put an entire community through.

She probably thought it funny that so many people wasted so much time looking for Lucas 20 miles away. that in and of itself is sick. In varying degrees she hurt Wichita.

She lied and impacted every law enforcement officer who searched for Lucas. They had a good idea she was lying but they had to look they got up each morning and searched for him.

Maybe she justified it by telling herself they needed excersuze . I don’t know.

But she killed Lucas

She hid his body

She lied

She hurt JH and she lied to him.

She lied about her custody case

She lied to several judges

Her actions put thoughts into other 5 year olds about safety that at their age they should not know let alone be asking about.

She devastated jo

She hurt his entire family.

She lied to LE

She lied to the reporter who interviewed her

She lied to PI at first

She lied multiple times to DCF

She either lied to Lucas Dr. or had forged a note. She lied to the school.

She did nothing but lie, deceive, control and abuse. More critical she murdered.

And not being able to face punishment she killed herself.
BRAVO!!!

I feel badly for the landlord. He may be like me and depend upon the rental income as a means to pay his bills. I would not release JH from the lease. It would be very difficult to rent the home to someone else with the horrendous history that goes with it.
Tearing down the house would be a tremendous loss to the landlord.

I can understand the landlord holding JH to the term of the lease. Right now, that house might be hard to rent and the landlord has a right to earn a living from his property. When JH's lease is up (I'm assuming next Feb, but that is an assumption), the story will likely have quieted down and a new renter might not even realize what happened in the house.

From JH's point of view, it's expensive to move. You have to come up with first month rent, last month rent, any other deposit the landlord requires. Then there is the actual expense of taking the time to find a place and then hiring a van, etc. I'm not sure if he lives paycheck to paycheck, but for many people, they can't financially up and move even if they want to.

jmopinion

I still think the timing was around leaving a bar.
Also, I haven't read any confirmation that he wasn't staying there, or that she was. I have no idea if they were both staying there even.
Is there a link stating EG called JH to come to the house that night?
I'm totally perplexed to how this all came down.
I haven't seen anything from LE about that.

Kansas Crime Victims Compensation Law This statute was passed to provide victims of crime with compensation for loss of earnings and out-of-pocket medical expenses as a direct result of the incident. In the event of the death of the victim, funeral, burial or cremation expenses are reimbursable.
Victims may also be eligible for crime scene clean-up. Personal property loss is not covered, with the exception of clothing and bedding seized as evidence.
https://ag.ks.gov/docs/default-sour...-compensation-brochure.pdf?sfvrsn=3b2e48c8_16

United States: In the past, many states had laws that regarded the act of suicide as a felony, but these laws were seldom enforced. In the 1980s, 30 out of 50 United States has no laws opposing suicide or attempting suicide. With that said, all 50 states had laws stating that assisted suicide is a felony. Currently there is no law against the act of committing suicide in the United States.

Last edited:
He was not staying there, she called him to come over.
Where did you get this info? I haven't seen this in the MSM anywhere, and he stated to LE he "came home" and found her. Also, based on his quote to NG yesterday, he lives there now. If he was already living somewhere else, I don't envision him moving back in there after her death.

There are companies who clean up after disasters like floods, hurricanes, fires and for hazardous material. Blood would be considered hazardous material. I'm surprised that the house has been turned over to JH to live in. It is a crime scene under investigation. JMO

I would think that the cost of cleaning the home would be on JH's dime and not the landlord's. Since JH was coming home, he obviously did not have a problem staying in the home where his son was murdered.
Most crime scenes are only held as a crime scene for 24 hours or less. We're well past the time LE likel released the property back.

What about MH? That poor lil innocent girl having to lose both her mother & father. Why haven’t we heard of anyone like JH or someone in the family taking steps to regain custody?
We heard yesterday, per Nancy Grace, that JH is looking for a job closer to home to try to be there for MH and get custody.

Thinking about Emily committing suicide. Why then? She murdered Lucas 3 months earlier. I think it had to do with JH no longer standing by her side. IMO she did it to get to him.
I think after she realized she'd been "played" by DM, the pressure of the likelihood she'd be convicted of something that would have some substantial jail time weighed on her, and she felt she only had 1 way out.

IIRC, nothing has been confirmed by LE or MSM as to why JH was in the house to find EG. Speculating, she could have messaged him -- or, he might have arranged earlier to come by to grab a few things for himself or things belonging to Lucas. IMO, he could have been coming from a bar, but he could have also driven over from out of town after handling more pressing matters -- by out of town, I'm speculating that he might have been staying with or near JOs side of the family. They were trying to prepare for and make decisions on a memorial service -- they could have been talking long into the night. Perhaps if EG was trying to reach him, he put her on hold until he was ready to deal with her.
We don't know where he was staying, what (if any) communication took place between JH & EG, and we don't know if JH even knew that EG was staying there.

I think after she realized she'd been "played" by DM, the pressure of the likelihood she'd be convicted of something that would have some substantial jail time weighed on her, and she felt she only had 1 way out.
You could be right. I just don't think the idea of a trial and possible prison time was it. I think she would have thought there was a possibility she could beat it even. Of course we don't yet know everything DM has on his tapes nor the COD yet. She did know these things.
I do not think she committed suicide due to not being able to live with what she had done.
I also suspect she was mentally ill, severely depressed and maybe had tried suicide before.

Just as the justice system is a machine that misses much, so too does Mapquest and other apps one may just plunk an address in, or away from.

I miss everyone here too; I'm checking in often & unable to add yet. A lot of weighing consequences and what of value exists there (just as the SM source of decomp dog teams showing involvement but not published in MSM early on).
I'm trying to absorb this entire nightmarish circus and balance my own awful plate as July comes much too soon. LE has plenty enough but are gaming their stakes- just as DM claimed he 'learnt his lot' at the poker tables.

I get why the policies exist. It doesn't hurt the heart any less to know a thing and not be able to expound upon it or explain another factor revealed for that suppressed fact.
I chose to simply quote this post rather than parse together bits from others -- mostly because my computer doesn't like this site right now and I don't know if this will make it onto the board, must hurry, lol!

First -- in another tnith post, the "pissing contest" between FBI & local jurisdictions is mentioned. Why do you suppose that is? I have ideas, but I'm curious. My question would be -- what is the priority, the number one issue? It is finding the child or protecting the evidentiary process? Are there disagreements about this, and is information withheld in the process?

<modsnip: Please don't discuss moderation on the thread>

Last edited by a moderator:
I think he was already removed when EG called the LL about it. Does the smell linger?

JMO
I have been thinking about the odor that the LL was supposedly notified about. I thought of one possible reason why it could have been an issue for EG.

Lets assume she kept the body in the tub for many days before finally removing him to the bridge creek area.

And lets assume the drain in the tub was already a problem before that. Drains in tubs can frequently become clogged with hair because that is often the place where people take showers and wash their hair. Once a drain becomes a problem drain then it can be difficult to get it fixed to drain properly. Sometimes it takes a plumber to run a snake down the drain to pull out all the lumps of clogged hair in order for it to start to drain right.

So I have been wondering if they had a problem drain already and if EG kept the body in the tub for many days then its possible that body fluids sat in the clogged drain for days and never could drain right.

Even after the body was removed the odor could get really bad if the drain was still clogged. Im wondering if something like that is what EG was dealing with and she needed professional help to get the drain to flow right.

Once a drain clog is freed up properly then it would still take some good rinsing using like a vinegar solution and other good cleaning fluids to get the smell to subside because odors will cling to any debri that remains along the walls of the drain pipe. Some old drain pipes will have many areas in the pipe that have buildup and even though the drain will flow it doesnt mean there is not still debri in the pipe that can keep odors clinging to them. Like down the walls of the neck of the drain which leads to the P trap. The edges of the walls can retain bad odors if enough debri is clinging to the walls.

Also if the P trap is not working right then that could be another huge source of odors. The P trap is the bending portion of the pipe that have the U shaped bend in it that you usually see under the sink. Called a P trap because the pipe going to the U shape looks like letter P. They are designed to hold water in the U at the bottom of the bending. That little bit of water traps the gasses on the downside of the piping which ends up going to the sewer or septic. P traps can malfunction if water is not retained in that bending trap at the bottom. That can happen if the piping is not angled properly or if there is a crack or leak in the seals then water will drain out of the trap and not stop the odor from coming back up to the opening.

Anyway I think she had a serious plumbing issue and that is why even after she finally removed him the odor stayed around.

I haven't seen anything from LE about that.
You could be right. I just don't think the idea of a trial and possible prison time was it. I think she would have thought there was a possibility she could beat it even. Of course we don't yet know everything DM has on his tapes nor the COD yet. She did know these things.
I do not think she committed suicide due to not being able to live with what she had done.
I also suspect she was mentally ill, severely depressed and maybe had tried suicide before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail