Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I were local I’d begin both an online and hard paper petition to demand an inquest/coroners trial hearing in this entire matter. I posted the statutes that apply a few days ago. If there’s a public outcry it will happen. But it has to be a Kansas resident to do it.

X

My immediate thought when I heard this was he was just getting in from a bar.
Of course, I also have all of these questions......and more even.

I'm using your post to jump in here... I'll qualify by saying this is JMO MOO. It would not surprise me if both JH and EG were staying at the house (regardless of whether they were "together" or not). EG had him so manipulated that his head was probably twisted, he may have felt somewhat sorry for her. She was probably spinning the "accident and I panicked" story.

Now, if they were both staying there and JH had been out late, and EG thought he might be with JO, then she may have called or texted him to get him to come there. She would be raging jealous, possibly jacked up on meth, thinking about loosing JH to JO and then going to jail. I think she pulled the trigger after possibly calling him so that he would be the one to find her. Also, wouldn't surprise me if one of the suicide notes said something like "F" you to JH. JMO! I'm speculating here.... lol

And we all wonder why JH would continue to "love" her? - Because she is needy and he needs to be needed. (Yes, you can be a control freak and still play the needy card.) JH is no angel. He and EG probably had some great times together. They were co-dependent. She "got" him, so to speak. No doubt in my mind that he will never think of her as evil. She was misunderstood. He was the only one who understood her. JMO MOO

I was thinking more along the line of patrons who might have recognized him.
I get that, but bars run on customer's money. If JH was there spending money and minding his own business and someone else started problems with him, that person would be tossed out - unless they worked at the bar or were somehow related to the owners/employees. If it was something that happened every time he came, they might ask him not to keep coming back - but as long as he's chill and spending money, they woudln't let him be harassed - unless they wanted to do the harassing, obviously.

From my experience, most people mind their own business - we are online following the case closely and want to know alllll of their business lol - but most people don't and most people just keep to themselves even if they do.

Casey Anthony is allllways out and about, photos of her out eating/drinking at bar and grill type places pop up a lot. She's gone to political rallies. No one has done anything to her, and she's one of the most hated women in America and guilty of worse than JH (IMO!) I think for the most part people would either not recognize him, or not hassle him even if they did.

A theoretical scenario: EG & KE are in the Circle K grabbing some soda and chips. EG is trying to quietly explain the details of what happened and where Lucas was left; the clerk probably over heard some disturbing information like "96th and Woodlawn" The police take that info and determine the location to be Chisolm Creek Park (located at k96 & Woodlawn). When Lucas was NOT found there - they extrapolated that the "tipster" MUST have meant a park......but they must have been a DIFFERENT park.....so now it was all focus on parks......it never occurred to anyone that 96th and Woodlawn was the TRUE common denominator. Find another location with an intersection of the same streets farther north or southl
I've been wondering about this -- EG either had help or she told someone. Was this other person on the scene? EG, JH, JO, and KE were all on the scene -- anyone else? Being on the scene already when LE arrived or coming on to it shortly thereafter, I would imagine they are being watched closely. Would LE allow two of them to leave together or "highly suggest" that only one person leave at a time?

Suppose EG told someone that was one the scene -- it eliminates either of them from calling in the tip, or at least makes it extremely difficult. So someone else is told, who promptly calls it in and the tip is assumed to be the Hwy 96 & Woodlawn location -- the rest I can see.

If EG told someone, she may not have even said the exact location, but perhaps hinted at it -- remember where we used to go drinking in Kechi? (no not Kechi, but that's what she said to DM). I looked up location where Lucas was found and if I'm understanding the records correctly, the house nearby wasn't built until 2015 and the land was purchased in 2007-- she may have known this place or prior landowners, perhaps not so random?

Why would EG call in a tip or encourage someone else to do so? To get it over with -- poor Lucas wandered off and was met by someone with evil intentions. Or, someone she tried to help out of the goodness of her heart stole poor Lucas. She wanted the attention to leave her so she could return to the life she wanted; she could play the mourning stepmother in search for Lucas' killer, but she wanted the heat off of her. If she encouraged or participated in the tip, she obviously wasn't thinking through the fact that bruises and other injuries could be aged and the heat would return -- not too smart. Maybe she realized this and let LE wander aimlessly through the parks, and I'm sure as previous poster mentioned, she got a swelled head over being "smarter" than LE--they couldn't even follow a tip. I'm sure she thought copping to Maryjane would end the dance.

But, I'm not convinced she was behind the tip -- I think the knowledge of the Chisholm search might have shown her who she couldn't trust.

IIRC, nothing has been confirmed by LE or MSM as to why JH was in the house to find EG. Speculating, she could have messaged him -- or, he might have arranged earlier to come by to grab a few things for himself or things belonging to Lucas. IMO, he could have been coming from a bar, but he could have also driven over from out of town after handling more pressing matters -- by out of town, I'm speculating that he might have been staying with or near JOs side of the family. They were trying to prepare for and make decisions on a memorial service -- they could have been talking long into the night. Perhaps if EG was trying to reach him, he put her on hold until he was ready to deal with her.
We don't know where he was staying, what (if any) communication took place between JH & EG, and we don't know if JH even knew that EG was staying there.
We don't know when she shot herself either.

IIRC, nothing has been confirmed by LE or MSM as to why JH was in the house to find EG. Speculating, she could have messaged him -- or, he might have arranged earlier to come by to grab a few things for himself or things belonging to Lucas. IMO, he could have been coming from a bar, but he could have also driven over from out of town after handling more pressing matters -- by out of town, I'm speculating that he might have been staying with or near JOs side of the family. They were trying to prepare for and make decisions on a memorial service -- they could have been talking long into the night. Perhaps if EG was trying to reach him, he put her on hold until he was ready to deal with her.
We don't know where he was staying, what (if any) communication took place between JH & EG, and we don't know if JH even knew that EG was staying there.
Exactly!

We heard yesterday, per Nancy Grace, that JH is looking for a job closer to home to try to be there for MH and get custody.
Thank you for the update. I hope people are willing to show their support and help direct him in the right direction. He’s been through something none of us have. I can only imagine how confused he is right now. Imo, He needs all the help & resources that are available to be able to work through this. I pray he has the strength to keep fighting for the sake of his innocent and confused little girl. He owes her that. And himself. Imo

If I were local I’d begin both an online and hard paper petition to demand an inquest/coroners trial hearing in this entire matter. I posted the statutes that apply a few days ago. If there’s a public outcry it will happen. But it has to be a Kansas resident to do it.

X
What Information would be gained by an inquest? The DA has already been clear that his investigation into Lucas' death will continue and that he will release the findings to the public.

DA gives update on Lucas Hernandez case after Lucas' stepmom found dead

DA: Lucas Hernandez investigation continues after Emily Glass' apparent suicide

WICHITA, Kan. (KWCH) -- Sedgwick County District Attorney Marc Bennett says his office and local law enforcement will continue their investigation into the death and disappearance of Lucas Hernandez.

Bennett made the announcement Friday afternoon. It follows the apparent suicide Friday morning of Emily Glass, the main person of interest in the investigation.

Wichita police said Glass was found in her home in the 600 block of S. Edgemoor along with three suicide notes and a rifle near her feet. Bennett said nothing in the notes brings a conclusion to the investigation regarding Lucas.

Wichita police arrested Glass on May 24 after she led a private investigator to Lucas' body. On May 30, Bennett announced no current charges would be filed in the investigation. Glass was freed hours later.

During Friday's news conference, Bennett said without Lucas' autopsy report and without a cause of death, his office was not in the position to charge Glass at that time.

"It never meant the case was over and we'd given up. It just meant we needed more time. These are complicated cases and they take some time to put together," said Bennett.

He said within the last 24 hours, Wichita police had received responses to subpoenas that were issued in the case. He said they were set to begin going through those subpoenas on Friday.

Bennett said once a resolution is reached in the Lucas Hernandez case, he will do the best his can to meet the public's need for information.

"If it turns out that, either there would be no charges filed, or that the only charges that would've been filed would've been against Ms. Glass, who is deceased, ostensibly, then, I'm not just going to be done with it," said Bennett.

"When we have arrived at some resolution, there will be a public accounting of that in some fashion," he said.

ETA: Tagging @Charliegizmo49 in case the quoted post notification wasn't seen

Last edited:
Is it written anywhere that EG called or texted JH to come to the house? Could it be that someone else asked him to check on her because they couldn't reach her? Just throwing some what ifs out there.

Last edited:
What Information would be gained by an inquest? The DA has already been clear that his investigation into Lucas' death will continue and that he will release the findings to the public.

DA gives update on Lucas Hernandez case after Lucas' stepmom found dead

DA: Lucas Hernandez investigation continues after Emily Glass' apparent suicide

WICHITA, Kan. (KWCH) -- Sedgwick County District Attorney Marc Bennett says his office and local law enforcement will continue their investigation into the death and disappearance of Lucas Hernandez.

Bennett made the announcement Friday afternoon. It follows the apparent suicide Friday morning of Emily Glass, the main person of interest in the investigation.

Wichita police said Glass was found in her home in the 600 block of S. Edgemoor along with three suicide notes and a rifle near her feet. Bennett said nothing in the notes brings a conclusion to the investigation regarding Lucas.

Wichita police arrested Glass on May 24 after she led a private investigator to Lucas' body. On May 30, Bennett announced no current charges would be filed in the investigation. Glass was freed hours later.

During Friday's news conference, Bennett said without Lucas' autopsy report and without a cause of death, his office was not in the position to charge Glass at that time.

"It never meant the case was over and we'd given up. It just meant we needed more time. These are complicated cases and they take some time to put together," said Bennett.

He said within the last 24 hours, Wichita police had received responses to subpoenas that were issued in the case. He said they were set to begin going through those subpoenas on Friday.

Bennett said once a resolution is reached in the Lucas Hernandez case, he will do the best his can to meet the public's need for information.

"If it turns out that, either there would be no charges filed, or that the only charges that would've been filed would've been against Ms. Glass, who is deceased, ostensibly, then, I'm not just going to be done with it," said Bennett.

"When we have arrived at some resolution, there will be a public accounting of that in some fashion," he said.

ETA: Tagging @Charliegizmo49 in case the quoted post notification wasn't seen
It is the only way I know to get the DCF response to Lucas public.

It is the only way I know to get the DCF response to Lucas public.

If the COD is determined to abuse or neglect DCF will release their files, if COD doesn't indicate abuse or neglect they will not. I don't understand how getting the public involved and signing petition etc will change that?

.....snipped for focus......

"....I'm not just going to be done with it," said Bennett.

That was so good to hear him say that in the interview most of us watched.

However the worry I have now is he will probably get some outside pressure not to release some information. There will always be some opposing sides and his own legal department that will not want certain information released to the public.

So even though he may want to do as he promised I am afraid that he will let outside pressures convince him to not release some of the important information we the public want to know about.

If the COD is determined to abuse or neglect DCF will release their files, if COD doesn't indicate abuse or neglect they will not. I don't understand how getting the public involved and signing petition etc will change that?
JMO, but I think the concern could lie in the possibility that DCF may try to skirt the issue if no COD is determined when the case file would reveal the likelihood that abuse or neglect caused his death. There may be no proof of that through autopsy, which could lead the powers at DCF to keep the case closed for reasons due to self-preservation.
This state has had issues in the past investigating death cases because DCF wouldn't even let LE see them -- due to privacy, of course. This protects DCF and prevents the arrival of logical conclusions. DCF Administration doesn't seem to care about the truth if it will reflect poorly upon them. Perhaps an inquest would force cooperation and an opening of the files so that the information obtained within the file could assist the ME and LE coming to a reasonable conclusion?
I say all this with respect for the efforts that are being made to "clean house" within DCF -- along with some healthy skepticism of the specific wording of the new law recently passed that was sold on transparency when, well...here we are. IMO. MOO. Frustrated lawmakers confront DCF leader in hearing on bill regarding child deaths

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail