Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Along with all of you who care so deeply, I keep checking to see if there are answers.

I firmly believe that this case will somehow "crack open". I have no idea when or how or who but there is such intense pressure that I believe an answer or a clue will come up. At least I am hoping very much so.

After reading so many articles, I see that Mr. Chambers treated everyone with kindness and compassion. What a wonderful man.

One thing that I wanted to say after watching the disappeared episode and reading the comments in here, in the episode the only time they said they reviewed footage from businesses along the route was in trying to determine if anyone was possibly following him after he left Walmart.
Actually I'm watching again right now and SM specifically says that they knew MC had been to Wal-Mart mart but were wondering if he went anywhere else afterwards so they decided to check with local businesses on that route to check their footage... they checked the was mart footage to confirm no one was following him.

I didn't think HCSO was claiming MC staged his own suicide. In his press conference several months ago SM claimed MC committed suicide because of the phone pings, the "missing" bike from his garage and because of info he had about MC being depressed several weeks before his disappearance. (But wouldn't say where that info originated from.)

I also didn't hear that most of the family thinks he committed suicide. Maybe I missed that but the only one I'm aware of is one of the sons per Klein.

Det. Haines of HCSO is playing his cards very close to the chest. I think that may be wise at this point. SM has created too much drama from his open mouth policy.

I'm back to thinking maybe MC did voluntarily take off. Why the $1000 in his truck? Where did it come from and when? Was he planning on taking his truck and leaving? Or did he change his mind and instead decided to stage his own suicide? Maybe he did take cash from the box in the garage. We don't know. But, his d.l. was missing.

He didn't take his hat. That is surprising to me. That above almost anything else would have given him away. Did he change clothes once he came home from Wal-Mart? I'm not sure many people would recognize him without his hat and tshirt.

Personally, I hope he left. Maybe he doesn't read the papers or watch tv. May be he isn't aware of the intense fallout his disappearance has created.
That's one of the things on the disappeared episode.Toward the end of the show it stated Suzy was outnumbered by family members that don't think he was murdered

I didn't think HCSO was claiming MC staged his own suicide. In his press conference several months ago SM claimed MC committed suicide because of the phone pings, the "missing" bike from his garage and because of info he had about MC being depressed several weeks before his disappearance. (But wouldn't say where that info originated from.)

I also didn't hear that most of the family thinks he committed suicide. Maybe I missed that but the only one I'm aware of is one of the sons per Klein.

Det. Haines of HCSO is playing his cards very close to the chest. I think that may be wise at this point. SM has created too much drama from his open mouth policy.

I'm back to thinking maybe MC did voluntarily take off. Why the $1000 in his truck? Where did it come from and when? Was he planning on taking his truck and leaving? Or did he change his mind and instead decided to stage his own suicide? Maybe he did take cash from the box in the garage. We don't know. But, his d.l. was missing.

He didn't take his hat. That is surprising to me. That above almost anything else would have given him away. Did he change clothes once he came home from Wal-Mart? I'm not sure many people would recognize him without his hat and tshirt.

Personally, I hope he left. Maybe he doesn't read the papers or watch tv. May be he isn't aware of the intense fallout his disappearance has created.

I was quoting the sheriff's statement in my posted article

The Sheriff’s Department now believes that Michael plotted an elaborate suicide, first staging the blood at his home, and then going to the location near the bridge — where, according to Sheriff Meeks, he took his own life.

Welcome to Websleths!
So do you think it sounded like they may have specifically asked businesses if they could review their surveillance between the hours of 11-12 that day and did not look at any more of the video?
I don't believe so because SM said they decided to check other businesses surveillance to see if he had went anywhere else besides Wal mart. I doubt they only looked at the hours between 11-12.. BUT, ya never know!

Why couldn't SM say it's possible MC walked away voluntarily? The only thing that would make sense to me aside from foul play is MC walking away. Who stages an abduction to commit suicide?

I feel like the reason SM never mentioned the possibility of MC being alive is because BC went and declared him dead, and SM is just another male that BC has cast until her spell imo.

Now from everything we've heard about MC regarding his character, his love for his wife, children and grandchildren I just don't see him walking away. But I'm with you Razz. That would be the best outcome.

I’ve only seen the first few minutes of Disappeared. It’s nice to see Suzy, her husband and MC’s granddaughter but I think the show would feel more credible with interviews of the neighbors BC called, officers on the scene, etc. There may be more interviews and I’m speaking too soon, but this bothers me about these news stories, reports and updates.
I worked as a news reporter at a
small town newspaper and my editor insisted on as many quotes as possible to give a story depth and show readers who’s who. He let stories slide without quotes when LE was tight lipped with information.
Without hearing from ping or blood experts how is this more than an extension of a vague police report?

I’ve only seen the first few minutes of Disappeared. It’s nice to see Suzy, her husband and MC’s granddaughter but I think the show would feel more credible with interviews of the neighbors BC called, officers on the scene, etc. There may be more interviews and I’m speaking too soon, but this bothers me about these news stories, reports and updates.
small town newspaper and my editor insisted on as many quotes as possible to give a story depth and show readers who’s who. He let stories slide without quotes when LE was tight lipped with information.
Without hearing from ping or blood experts how is this more than an extension of a vague police report?
Could not agree more! I feel that the show was very one sided. It's also interesting that SM was more than happy to sit down with Disappeared for an interview but wouldn't show his face on Crime Watch lol.

Could not agree more! I feel that the show was very one sided. It's also interesting that SM was more than happy to sit down with Disappeared for an interview but wouldn't show his face on Crime Watch lol.
So true. The Crime Watch Daily show gave me hope. The Disappeared show made me angry and depressed.

I waffle between several theories about the blood. One thing that makes the vial(s) theory more plausible IMO is the fact that there is someone close to this case employed in health care with access to needles, syringes, vials, and other medical supplies, possibly.

ETA: Nosebleeds can bleed a lot, though. And if MC was as fastidious as the VI said, IIRC, I can see him trying to not drip blood on his clothes while trying to stop or control the bleeding. You don't want to hold your head back, but lean forward so you don't swallow the blood, IMO.
Solid points. My hang up is that there are much easier ways to stage a crime scene.

Would LOVE to hear an interview directly with the phone expert! And an interview directly with the neighbor too.

Solid points. My hang up is that there are much easier ways to stage a crime scene.

Awe, I just noticed your name. Is Brenda a missing family member

Awe, I just noticed your name. Is Brenda a missing family member? If you don't mind me asking

That would definitely be the ideal outcome but something is bugging me. If he did walk away and start over, what is he doing for money? He couldnt access money from his bank account without someone noticing. His pension or drop account or whatever was left for BC to collect. There was a substantial amount of money left behind in the shop that he obviously didn't take, but in all logic should have if he was planning on leaving.

Interesting point. They weren't staging a robbery although with "some x-amount, $100k, in a box", that would have been the most plausible. If they were staging an abduction, I don't know, how many 70 yr old men are abducted? So staging a suicide, make it look like he cut his wrist then left? She could have told SM almost anything that he had been saying or doing and clearly he believed her.

That would definitely be the ideal outcome but something is bugging me. If he did walk away and start over, what is he doing for money? He couldnt access money from his bank account without someone noticing. His pension or drop account or whatever was left for BC to collect. There was a substantial amount of money left behind in the shop that he obviously didn't take, but in all logic should have if he was planning on leaving.
Well it seems he likes to hide stashes of cash. It's possible he took some with him then started over somewhere far away under a different name. I don't think that's what happened. I think he was murdered, but I could believe him walking away over suicide if he did actually stage the workshop to look like a crime scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23