Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting point. They weren't staging a robbery although with "some x-amount, $100k, in a box", that would have been the most plausible. If they were staging an abduction, I don't know, how many 70 yr old men are abducted? So staging a suicide, make it look like he cut his wrist then left? She could have told SM almost anything that he had been saying or doing and clearly he believed her.
About the $100K in the garage. Why did BC have to declare him dead and sell his truck cuz she couldn't make the payments, or cancel cell phones if she had $100k at her disposal in cash? Was the money confiscated as part of the investigation?

That would definitely be the ideal outcome but something is bugging me. If he did walk away and start over, what is he doing for money? He couldnt access money from his bank account without someone noticing. His pension or drop account or whatever was left for BC to collect. There was a substantial amount of money left behind in the shop that he obviously didn't take, but in all logic should have if he was planning on leaving.
I'm surely not the only one who thinks he's good looking, a real catch with or without money. Maybe he doesn't need his money because his girlfriend is loaded and treats him like he deserves. Jk, I honestly can't imagine him doing that to his family.
He seemed much more invested in the life they built. Or maybe that he built. He had car buddies, work with his SIL, he cooked, cleaned and did the laundry and cut the wood. His pension and extra income was fairly substantial so that he was comfortable. He won trophies, had great tools, a killer shop and always the next new project, kids and grandkids. She was the one who stayed out in bars and came home late with multiple boyfriends. If anyone would have walked away it would have been her.

Interesting point. They weren't staging a robbery although with "some x-amount, $100k, in a box", that would have been the most plausible. If they were staging an abduction, I don't know, how many 70 yr old men are abducted? So staging a suicide, make it look like he cut his wrist then left? She could have told SM almost anything that he had been saying or doing and clearly he believed her.
I agree. In disappeared SM said there are things they learned from BC that helps lead them to believe he committed suicide. Then said they aren't disclosing it to the public because this is still an active investigation. How can he take anything BC says as truth, after all the lies she's been caught telling?

About the $100K in the garage. Why did BC have to declare him dead and sell his truck cuz she couldn't make the payments, or cancel cell phones if she had $100k at her disposal in cash? Was the money confiscated as part of the investigation?

Seajay
I like where your head is. GREAT QUESTION.

I thought it should have been confiscated, but I'm not sure it was. It was one of the red flags Klein pointed out, not that it was there but that she stated misinformation about why she wanted to sell everything so fast and declare him dead quickly. However if it wasn't confiscated then his daughter and SIL didn't know about it because she believed BC couldn't afford the truck payment. So perhaps it was because I can't imagine they wouldn't have known.

I agree. In disappeared SM said there are things they learned from BC that helps lead them to believe he committed suicide. Then said they aren't disclosing it to the public because this is still an active investigation. How can he take anything BC says as truth, after all the lies she's been caught telling?
He surely had a blind spot there. Klein talked to everyone else, hus car buddies, neighbors, SIL, no one saw depression. But I will say I think it can be hard to know unless you are close to someone.

I thought it was just $1K in the truck. Sorry if I am missing something. Was there a report of more cash elsewhere?

And why, if she "had to sell the truck", did she just do it in name only. She essentially sold that truck to herself. What did that gain her financially?

HCSO wasn’t interested in or didn’t take the dowel the evening BC reported MC missing so why or how could they take a box of money-since this isn’t a crime? As weird as all of this is, I wouldn’t be surprised if Klein told the rest of MC’s family about the box of money.

Actually I'm watching again right now and SM specifically says that they knew MC had been to Wal-Mart mart but were wondering if he went anywhere else afterwards so they decided to check with local businesses on that route to check their footage... they checked the was mart footage to confirm no one was following him.
I'm not sure they would have been checking video after 2:30. SM was asked if they had seen him on the bike on surveillance video and he said unfortunately by the time they got the cellphone information and came up with the bike theory those videos were long gone.

I was quoting the sheriff's statement in my posted article

The Sheriff’s Department now believes that Michael plotted an elaborate suicide, first staging the blood at his home, and then going to the location near the bridge — where, according to Sheriff Meeks, he took his own life.
I agree that makes absolutely NO sense. However, maybe he staged an accident and then escaped.

I stand corrected. Thank you.

However, I don't much believe anything anyone is telling us. HCSO says it was staged. Klein says MC was dogwalked and he was probably bleeding from the mouth or ears.

And no one knows for certain how much money was in the box in the garage.

And I agree Creepcrusher, who in the heck plans an elaborate suicide?!
Now, maybe an elaborate plan to make it look other than it was: an escape.

Maybe BC was making him choose between his friends, his family and her? And he couldn't choose? So, make it look like an accident and walk away.

There may have been enough money in that box to hold him over indefinitely while leaving some behind.

I think he was torn between too many people: JC2, his wife, his car buddies, his family etc.

I never saw any big smiles from MC in his pictures or that he truly looked happy. Until the disappeared episode where I did see some wide smiles and laughter. It totally changes how he looks. And that's why I didn't pursue that man in the Villages. He looked too dang happy and was having a ball. With an attractive short haired brunette! (He also had a very small pot belly which threw me off) but maybe he's enjoying someone else's cooking other than his own for a change.

I agree that makes absolutely NO sense. However, maybe he staged an accident and then escaped.

However, I don't much believe anything anyone is telling us. HCSO says it was staged. Klein says MC was dogwalked and he was probably bleeding from the mouth or ears.

Maybe BC was making him choose between his friends, his family and her? And he couldn't choose? So, make it look like an accident and walk away.

There may have been enough money in that box to hold him over indefinitely while leaving some behind.

I think he was torn between too many people: JC2, his wife, his car buddies, his family etc.

I never saw any big smiles from MC in his pictures or that he truly looked happy. Until the disappeared episode where I did see some wide smiles and laughter. It totally changes how he looks. And that's why I didn't pursue that man in the Villages. He looked too dang happy and was having a ball. With an attractive short haired brunette! (He also had a very small pot belly which threw me off) but maybe he's enjoying someone else's cooking other than his own for a change.
You're cute...
Anyway my point exactly. Nobody plans an elaborate suicide. WTH?

I think that would be a good ending but I just can't see him leaving the ones who did care and love him.

<snipped for space>
I listened to the Brainscratch interview again today. I noted the blood was being tested but it was not yet complete at the time of the interview. So he assumed based on the color it was arterial or maybe cerebral and he assumed the pattern was a back and forth dogwalking. If he received test results back which showed an anticoagulant was present I feel surely he would have altered his view toward staging.
I'm sure it has happened before than someone staged a suicide so they could escape. But it's far more common for someone to make a murder look like a suicide.

Putting together the Disappeared and Searchlight information in regard to the phones/timelines, I find it plausible that:

1. BC had a rendezvous with the boyfriend around the 2:00-2:30 time-frame, perhaps at the former residence?
2. MC got suspicious, went by the former residence and caught them, and
3. It was the last straw for someone - either he got upset, stated the scene and self-harmed, or there was an altercation and he was killed, scene staged and body disposed of.

Thoughts?

ETA: If he did self-harm, I don't think he did it at the bridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie