GUILTY VA - Kolton Collier, 2 Months, Starved To Death, Madison Heights, 6 Mar 2018

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Maegan Elaine Collier, 23, is accused of involuntary manslaughter and child abuse/neglect causing serious injuries in connection with the death of her son, Kolton Collier, and another count of abuse/neglect of a child involving her other son, a 1-year-old.

Collier has been in custody since her April 24 arrest following an investigation into the death of her son, who was 1 month and 24 days old when he died. The baby weighed six pounds, nine ounces at the time of his death and was malnourished and dehydrated for most of his life.

More details in Amherst County infant death case emerge during court hearing

Maegan Elaine Collier, 23, is accused of involuntary manslaughter and child abuse/neglect causing serious injuries in connection with the death of her son, Kolton Collier, and another count of abuse/neglect of a child involving her other son, a 1-year-old.

Collier has been in custody since her April 24 arrest following an investigation into the death of her son, who was 1 month and 24 days old when he died. The baby weighed six pounds, nine ounces at the time of his death and was malnourished and dehydrated for most of his life.

"Involuntary manslaughter" That right there makes me so mad.

This is pretty local to me, I’m shocked I hadn’t heard about it at all. I’m furious these poor babies had to suffer at this monster’s hands. I’m keeping the rest of my thoughts to myself right now so I don’t get a timeout.

There it is:mad:

“Collier said she had an alcoholic beverage within 24 hours of Kolton’s death but denied using drugs during that time, Thompson testified. He said she was going to submit to a drug test but then refused. A search warrant executed for a blood test showed she had methamphetamine and amphetamine in her system, according to prosecutors’ evidence.”

Wow! That baby was a big baby and LOST 25% of his birth weight before dying. You would have to be pretty messed up to not notice that huge of a decrease in a babies size! Why won't these women just put these babies up for adoption?!? I'm guessing she knew baby wasn't gaining weight and that's why she missed 3 ped appointments.

Now... there can be legitimate medical reasons for failure to thrive. But losing 25% of your body weight is much worse than failure to thrive. And any dumb *advertiser censored* of a parent knows that you get medical help when something is not right! All that fake phoney "I loovee you sooo much baby!!" on fb is disgusting. She loved her baby so little she couldn't be bothered to FEED him enough for him to not die. UGH. I would take anyone's little baby and just love and cuddle and feed that baby. Little one's like that need round the clock holding, feeding, cuddling and changing. Poor little babby didn't have a chance. :(

I just spent way too much time reading the grandmother's fb wall and all their fighting between her and her daughter on it. This mom killed her baby and was seriously messed up. But I was pretty shocked at what grandmother did not mind people calling her daughter on her wall though.

I scrolled back far enough and on grandmother's public wall she never once posted about baby Kolton being born. Another daughter had a baby around the same time with lots of posts and updates about labor, birth etc. I didn't see Kolton mentioned one single time until he was dead. :(

Don't get me wrong. I am not justifying Maegan in any way shape or form. There is absolutely NO excuse. But the more I read on that wall and the further back I got the more I felt sorry for her. It just seems like it's sadly one dysfunctional generation after another.

I just spent way too much time reading the grandmother's fb wall and all their fighting between her and her daughter on it. This mom killed her baby and was seriously messed up. But I was pretty shocked at what grandmother did not mind people calling her daughter on her wall though.

I scrolled back far enough and on grandmother's public wall she never once posted about baby Kolton being born. Another daughter had a baby around the same time with lots of posts and updates about labor, birth etc. I didn't see Kolton mentioned one single time until he was dead. :(

Don't get me wrong. I am not justifying Maegan in any way shape or form. There is absolutely NO excuse. But the more I read on that wall and the further back I got the more I felt sorry for her. It just seems like it's sadly one dysfunctional generation after another.
I wasted too many hours yesterday doing that, and all family members. Just saying....kids don't need to be in that environment. Sad case. Don't think there was a suitable place for Kolton in that family. His brother isn't with the family now either.

Very sad. It kind of seems like Maegan didn't have a support system. I'm sure there is a huge backstory to the family relationships, with equal responsibility on both sides. But when the chips are down, none of that matters when kids are in the picture, just sayin ...

Tuesday, August 14th:
*Grand Jury Hearing (@ 9am ET) – VA - Kolton Ray Collier (2 mos) (Mar. 6, 2018, starved to death) – Meagan Elaine Collier (23) arrested (4/24/18) & accused (6/12/18) of involuntary manslaughter, child abuse/neglect causing serious injury & 1 count of abuse/neglect of a child (another son 1yrs old).
Arraignment hearing set for 8/31, Jury trial starts Nov. 5 through Nov. 7, 2018.

Friday, August 31st:
*Arraignment Hearing (@ 1:30pm ET) – VA - Kolton Ray Collier (2 mos) (Mar. 6, 2018, starved to death) – Meagan Elaine Collier (23) "mom" arrested (4/24/18) & accused (6/12/18) of involuntary manslaughter, child abuse/neglect causing serious injury & 1 count of abuse/neglect of a child (another son 1 yrs old).
Arraignment on 8/31, Jury trial starts Nov. 5 through Nov. 7, 2018.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993
Back