Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #11 *Arrest*

Andrew Binion‏ @a_binion
Gabriel Gaeta sentenced to 40 years to life for the rape and murder of 6yo Jenise Wright. “I can’t put into words how bad I feel about this,” Gaeta wrote in a statement read to Judge Forbes by his lawyer. “I wish I could make amends for it. I don’t know why I did it.”
Bremerton man sentenced 40 years to life for murder of Jenise Wright
The courtoom was mostly full for the special hearing back in February, attended by loved ones of Jenise, along with detectives and prosecutors. It was a relatively short proceeding, with the sentencing scheduled for a half-day. During the sentencing hearing, Jenise's loved ones will have the opportunity to address the court. After the hearing, Jenise's mother, Denise Wright, told the Kitsap Sun she was satisfied with how the hearing went.

"I'm just glad he pled guilty," she said.

So he got 40 years to life. I'm not sure when he becomes eligible for parole. As for Gaeta not knowing why he did it I can take a few guesses, none of them about his age, depression or head injuries IYKWIM.

His attorney said he intended to plead guilty. “My client never wanted to take this matter to trial,” she said. “He did not want to put people through that.”

Yeah, right, that's why he refused to take his meds over and over until the court ordered him to be medicated. He also refused to cooperate with mental health professionals while he was in jail - so much for his mother blaming the school system and health insurance for not giving him the help for him that she sought.

Still, I am sorry for her but I'm more sorry for Jenise's family - they trusted Gaeta and look what he did in return. Most of all I'm sorry for Jenise who will never get to go to prom, graduate school, get married or have a family of her own. IMO Gaeta's a thief who stole her life because he just had to rape and murder her. Bah.

From what I have read, just making sure I understood "40 years to life," it looks like he will have to serve 40 years before he is eligible for parole. (We don't have a "xx years to life" sentence here in NC -- we have "10 to 15 years," etc., but we only have two types of sentences which deal with lifelong duration, those being "Life Without Parole" and "Death.") I wanted to know if he really will have to stay in prison at least those 40 years. It does look like he will be inside for those 40 years. He'll be around 58 or so years old after 40 years, and that's young, IMO. He would have many years left to be a good citizen (IMO unlikely for him) or to be a dangerous person walking around with everyone else. But I'm thinking that his crime was so awful, maybe he won't get parole ever. His youth at the time of the crime could be in his favor, however. Who knoze? At least he's in for 40.

The 40-year minimum sentence for Gaeta is an attempt to find a sentence that would withstand appeals, Enright said.

Gaeta would have to serve 40 years in prison before he would be able to apply for release. The maximum he sentence he can serve is life in prison.

"Finding a sentence that will meet the requirements of appellate courts has been like trying to hit a moving target," Enright said. "My hope is that Gaeta will receive a sentence that is final and that he won’t be allowed to repeatedly return to court seeking a lower sentence. By pleading guilty, he’ll be spending the rest of his life under the control of the Department of Corrections."

Guilty plea in 2014 murder of Jenise Wright, 6

Gabriel Gaeta sentenced for 2014 murder of 6-year-old Jenise Wright
Andrew Binion, Kitsap SunPublished 12:34 p.m. PT June 18, 2018 | Updated 4:51 p.m. PT June 18, 2018

Gaeta offered no explanation for what happened the day Jenise went missing from the East Bremerton mobile home park their two families lived in during the summer of 2014. She was reported missing Aug. 3, 2014, and her body was found Aug. 7. Gaeta pleaded guilty in February to aggravated first-degree murder and first-degree rape of a child.

The punishment for aggravated first-degree murder is automatic life in prison without early release. Gaeta was 17 at the time and was charged as an adult. However, a 2012 U.S. Supreme Court ruling found that juveniles cannot be automatically sentenced to life in prison. The ruling, called Miller vs. Alabama, found that such sentences for juveniles were cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Eighth Amendment. Gaeta will turn 22 this year.

Per the ruling above, Gaeta must be given an opportunity for release after serving minimum of 40 years before he can apply for release.

Presiding Judge Forbes said it was difficult for her to consider Gaeta’s likelihood of rehabilitation when he could not account for what he did, but she took the agreed recommendation of a minimum 40-year sentence and noted that Gaeta had spared Jenise’s loved ones and the community the public spectacle of a trial.

Gabriel Gaeta sentenced for 2014 murder of 6-year-old Jenise Wright

Keep him away from children and animals for the rest of his life.. This was one brutal act. Jenise would now be 11 years old.

Wash. Man Who Raped and Strangled 6-Year-Old Neighbor Gets 40 Years: 'I Don't Know Why I Did It'
Chris Harris -June 19, 2018 01:35 PM

"I took a young girl’s life away from her and from her family and friends,” Gaeta’s letter said, according to the paper. “I feel like that should never happen to anybody, and no one should have to experience that. I can’t put into words how bad I feel about this. I wish I could make amends for this. I don’t know why I did it.”
Wash. Man Who Raped and Strangled 6-Year-Old Neighbor Gets 40 Years: 'I Don't Know Why I Did It'

Chris Harris -June 19, 2018 01:35 PM

"I took a young girl’s life away from her and from her family and friends,” Gaeta’s letter said, according to the paper. “I feel like that should never happen to anybody, and no one should have to experience that. I can’t put into words how bad I feel about this. I wish I could make amends for this. I don’t know why I did it.”

Oh, he's so full of it.

Oh, he's so full of it.

I'd like to agree but I actually believe him. Make no mistake, I'm not defending him or excusing him, as God knows my feelings of rage and contempt for him are disturbing even to myself. I just don't think he does know why he did it. I think it's going to gnaw at his soul for the rest of his life. As it should.

I'd like to agree but I actually believe him. Make no mistake, I'm not defending him or excusing him, as God knows my feelings of rage and contempt for him are disturbing even to myself. I just don't think he does know why he did it. I think it's going to gnaw at his soul for the rest of his life. As it should.

I could never believe him. Gaeta new his victim-- that little girl Jenise (and her family) trusted him!

His actions following his brutal act and during the search for this precious 6 year old were textbook sociopath. He stalled and controlled -- waiting until February of this year to plead guilty. What he can't believe is that he got caught. Even the Judge called him out! MOO

Last edited:
I could never believe him. Gaeta new his victim-- that little girl Jenise (and her family) trusted him!

His actions following his brutal act and during the search for this precious 6 year old were textbook sociopath. He stalled and controlled -- waiting until February of this year to plead guilty. What he can't believe is that he got caught. Even the Judge called him out! MOO
Yeah, I'm leaning more towards your thinking. I do get what Ontario Mom said though and I can't totally say he knew why he did what he did but I do believe he wanted to assault Jenise. So the why kind of becomes less important in my mind, if that makes sense.

He knew Jenise for a long time. Her father took him under his wing and tried to mentor him. He was good friends with Jenise's brother.

When Jenise disappeared he posted to her brother on FB that he was sorry to hear about it. He sat quietly in the car when his mother was interviewed on msm. He attended Jenise's vigil, holding a candle.

When LE came around to interview him and ask for a DNA sample he feigned "tiredness" and so his mother asked them to come back some other time.

For me the two events that makes me believe he may actually have been thinking about assaulting Jenise for a while is that:

One, he didn't dispose of the bloody towel and underwear that was found in his home. That makes me wonder if he kept the items for a reason.

Two, he murdered Jenise after raping her. He didn't have to - unless he wanted no witnesses. So he had no intention of giving himself up or confessing what he did. He wanted to get away with it. But like so many criminals, young and old, he didn't think it through well enough to cover his tracks.

So what happened? Did he give in to some uncontrollable urge? Was he living out some sick fantasy? I don't know and I agree maybe he didn't either. But because he managed to do all of the above I believe he is a psychopathic sexual predator. That's all I need to want him segregated from society for many, many years. MOO.

For me the two events that makes me believe he may actually have been thinking about assaulting Jenise for a while is that:

I have something to add to this. I don't think it is a coincidence that Jenise's older brother was out of town the weekend that Jenise was killed. I think that Gabe took advantage of a situation in which he could carry out his true desires.

Furthermore, I have no idea if Gabe is lying about whether he knows why he did this. But I do know that he is a psychopath and a sexual predator. Recall the neighbor lady keeping her daughters away from him. Also, his comments about enjoying the sound of children crying and "I just like to throw people around". In hindsight, that is chilling.

So what happened? Did he give in to some uncontrollable urge? Was he living out some sick fantasy? I don't know and I agree maybe he didn't either.

This is just speculation on my part, but this is what I think happened. I think that Gabe had been struggling with depression and violent sexual thoughts for awhile. I feel like he wanted to victimize Jenise in particular, and decided to finally lure her while some of her family was away/distracted.

To go out even further on a limb, I think that Jenise's sunny disposition enraged him. She could feel joy and happiness that he never could, and compounded with the shame of violent sexual thoughts about this child, he rationalized attacking her. I could be totally wrong, but the violence of the rape and murder is so striking to me. It would be beyond my understanding if rage wasn't an aspect of this crime.

Last edited:

I've followed this case since day 1, so I'm well aware of all the manipulative carp he pulled all along. No disagreement there at all. He IS a monster, no two ways about it. The only thing about what he said that I agree with, is that he doesn't know why he did it. He isn't an idiot without ability to discern right from wrong. He knew full well it was wrong and yet he did it anyway.

I have something to add to this. I don't think it is a coincidence that Jenise's older brother was out of town the weekend that Jenise was killed. I think that Gabe took advantage of a situation in which he could carry out his true desires.

Agreed completely. I always thought he chose that weekend for that very reason. In any case, 40 years just doesn't seem long enough. I mean if he's a model prisoner he'll be a free man at what, 58? Poor Jenise's life was over before it ever really started. GG doesn't deserve to have any kind of life outside of prison walls.

moo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back