PA - Rachael DelTondo, 33, killed in mother's driveway on Mother's Day, Alquippa, 2018

JP's Notebook: "48 Hours" Filming In Beaver County - Quip Loses Fax - Nancy Grace - A Prosecution Team - BeaverCountian.com

Two great radio (KDKA) and podcast (Nancy Grace) interviews about the case embedded on that page with investigative reporter John Paul Vranesevich (Beaver Countian). Lots of details I hadn't heard before. Confirmation that Deltondo was a confidential source to the Beaver Countian with regards to allegations of corruption in the town and had been interviewed/gave related statements multiple times to the State Police. Also apparently the FBI is now involved (mentioned in the KDKA interview).

Vranesevich refuses to go into details with regards to the nature of the corruption allegations. I'm extremely curious as to what potentially damning information Deltondo could possibly have been privy to and how.

JP's Notebook: "48 Hours" Filming In Beaver County - Quip Loses Fax - Nancy Grace - A Prosecution Team - BeaverCountian.com

Two great radio (KDKA) and podcast (Nancy Grace) interviews about the case embedded on that page with investigative reporter John Paul Vranesevich (Beaver Countian). Lots of details I hadn't heard before. Confirmation that Deltondo was a confidential source to the Beaver Countian with regards to allegations of corruption in the town and had been interviewed/gave related statements multiple times to the State Police. Also apparently the FBI is now involved (mentioned in the KDKA interview).

Vranesevich refuses to go into details with regards to the nature of the corruption allegations. I'm extremely curious as to what potentially damning information Deltondo could possibly have been privy to and how.

TY for posting the link--agree. Two GREAT interviews with the reporter John Paul - bits of new info I had not heard before. Nancy was surprisingly focused and let him talk most of the time without going off on tangents.

ETA: Worried the DA has never done a criminal trial.

I agree, it sounds like the new DA is in way over his head. But I'm somewhat more hopeful now that Sealock is in charge of the PD and recused them from the case. State police will hopefully have less conflicts of interests in investigating.

I agree, it sounds like the new DA is in way over his head. But I'm somewhat more hopeful now that Sealock is in charge of the PD and recused them from the case. State police will hopefully have less conflicts of interests in investigating.
I've only just got round to listening to the NG podcast.

But I think they said Beaver County are investigating, not State. There was a falling out between the DA and State Police.

I didn't realise the SJ was related to the mayor either. Maybe I just totally missed it.

There's a great comment in the podcast where JPV states he wishes he was reporting on the investigation, not the investigators.

I'm don't think this has been been posted. It's about a former Aliquippa police officer who claims he was fired for investigating official corruption.

I'm not sure his claims are the same as RD's but this bit is about Rachael:

Anthony Quinn’s assertions are consistent with stories alleging organized crime that Rachael DelTondo told BeaverCountian.com in the months before her murder outside her parents’ Aliquippa home. DelTondo had been a confidential source for this site. Investigators have said they believe DelTondo’s murder was a “crime of passion” and not related to any alleged public corruption. No arrests have been made in the case and no suspects have been publicly named.
EXCLUSIVE: Former Aliquippa Patrolman Was Investigating Possible Departmental Ties To Drug Rings When Fired - BeaverCountian.com

A bit more about the letter sent to an inmate.

A Beaver County judge this week ordered that some search warrant information be released in the case of a county jail inmate who allegedly received details of Rachael DelTondo’s murder.

New court filings reveal county detectives seized defense documents pertaining to the inmate’s unrelated criminal case during a raid of his jail cell, directly contradicting county District Attorney David Lozier’s statements to reporters that no such documents had been taken.

A judge will soon decide whether sanctions against Lozier are warranted.

Judge Unseals Some "DelTondo Murder Letter" Court Records - District Attorney Made False Statements To Reporters - BeaverCountian.com

There's a couple of articles on the Beaver Countian re. Rachel, but it's more about the soap opera that is Beaver County than the murder.

These two are about the letter supposedly written by a witness and sent to an inmate.

Basically, it seems to be fake but the inmate has been offered a plea deal with reduced charges and a sentence of time served. It's claimed this is so DA Lozier will escape sanctions for civil rights violations.

Oh, and the letter was supposed to have been written the daughter of Sgt. Watkins.

Inmate Who Received "DelTondo Murder Letter" Given Plea Deal - Attorney Claims DA Wanted To Avoid Sanctions Hearing - BeaverCountian.com

FAKE! DelTondo's Mother Outraged At District Attorney's Remarks About Letter Claiming To Detail Her Daughter's Murder - BeaverCountian.com

And an article about Asst. Police chief Joe Perciavalle being arrested again.

Aliquippa Police Chief Joseph Perciavalle has been arrested for the second time by Beaver County Detectives.

Detectives filed a felony charge of intercepting a communication against Perciavalle today, alleging he recorded a conversation he had with Aliquippa Police Chief Donald Couch.

County Detectives Arrest Aliquippa Assistant Police Chief Again - This Time For Alleged Wiretap Act Violation - BeaverCountian.com

[Beaver County DA] Lozier commented to multiple news outlets this week about the jailhouse letter purporting to be from a witness to the DelTondo murder. Police said Lozier failed to state the letter is already known by his office to be fake.

Lozier nonetheless told media the letter is still being analyzed and possibly is still in play as important evidence. He also told media that the writer claims the killer was a police officer.

[...]

One officer said, “I now have to worry about a subject thinking I may be a killer when I pull them over on a traffic stop. This creates an extremely dangerous situation if the subject happens to be carrying (a firearm) and reaches to make it more accessible to them.”

Chief Sealock told BeaverCountian.com he too was concerned about the articles, which is why he issued the emergency orders.

“I told my men not to do traffic stops and if they had to go on a call they had to go three men deep,” said Sealock. “I was definitely worried about those articles, worried about how the public would react to them. You never know what the public’s thinking.”

As with other officers, Sealock said he is stunned by remarks to the media being made by District Attorney Lozier.

“Everybody knows the letter is fake,” said Sealock. “Why did he do that? That’s not even right. Why go that route?”

[...]

DA’s office and police insiders confirmed Tuesday to BeaverCountian.com that the letter has been discounted because it is fraudulent. And DelTondo’s mother, Lisa, said a county detective reiterated to her Tuesday night that the letter is fake.

Lisa DelTondo said the detective also told her that the family of the purported writer underwent handwriting analyses that conclusively determined the letter was not authentic.

Chief Issued Emergency Orders To Protect Officers After DA Created False Impression Cop May Have Killed DelTondo - BeaverCountian.com

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back