GUILTY CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
From above link, on first reading I thought it sounded like the 17 year old might be at the hearing. But then I read the entire article and it's just talking about it detectives. They aren't even sure if the children will testify later.

"Hestrin has said he plans to have some of the children testify against their parents if a trial is held.

“The children might actually benefit from testifying as it may allow for some sort of catharsis for them and help with some closure,” Trujillo said.

The decision to have the children testify shouldn’t be taken lightly, Levenson said.

“Experts need to weigh in on whether it’s better for them to testify and get their story out, whether it will be more healing than harmful,” she said."

Turpins unlikely to get short sentence with any plea deal, experts say – Press Enterprise

From above link, on first reading I thought it sounded like the 17 year old might be at the hearing. But then I read the entire article and it's just talking about it detectives. They aren't even sure if the children will testify later.

"Hestrin has said he plans to have some of the children testify against their parents if a trial is held.

“The children might actually benefit from testifying as it may allow for some sort of catharsis for them and help with some closure,” Trujillo said.

The decision to have the children testify shouldn’t be taken lightly, Levenson said.

“Experts need to weigh in on whether it’s better for them to testify and get their story out, whether it will be more healing than harmful,” she said."

Turpins unlikely to get short sentence with any plea deal, experts say – Press Enterprise

I definitely understand that it might allow for catharsis, but, everyone is different.

I wonder how these siblings are doing.

How can this guy ^^ be waiting at the courthouse to enter - it's only like 7:30pm there right? I thought hearing started at 1:30pm Pacific time.... maybe not....

I'll keep an eye on this tweeter!

I'm guessing I have the wrong time then. That's good, cause 1:30pm there would be 11:30pm my time here.... past my bedtime! :D

I'll keep an eye out on Brian's tweets and will then post them here for you all.

Edited to add - live stream "might" be on WildAboutTrial - don't recall if they had one last time...

Last edited:
Brian Rokos
@Brian_Rokos
·
3m
David Turpin’s attorney, David J. Macher, said he will not put on a defense in today’s preliminary hearing. But he will cross examine witnesses, he said.

Macher disclosed outside court that the first deputy to arrive at the Turpin home in Perris had a uniform-worn camera rolling.

Jeremy Chen
@JeremyChenKESQ
·
5m
The preliminary hearing for the Turpins will begin shortly. Media waiting outside the courtroom. Same courtroom as the #PinyonPines trial.

Jeremy Chen
@JeremyChenKESQ
·
2m
Media still waiting outside the courtroom for the #Turpins prelim. Deputies say delay due to getting one of the defendants ready. It was scheduled for 8:30.

Jeremy Chen
@JeremyChenKESQ
·
6m
Media has been let inside the courtroom. David and Louise #Turpin are present. David is sporting a new shorter haircut from the last hearing.

As a refresher, both #Turpins are facing a slew of charges including imprisoning and torturing 12 of their 13 children. Individually, David faces as one count of a lewd act on a cild under 14 and perjury charges stemming from his claim of homeschooling his children.

Louise #Turpin faces one count of assault resulting in great bodily injury herself.

Court is now in session. Prelim hearing has begun.

Investigator Walsick of @rso is scheduled to testify for the prosecution.

Jeremy Chen
@JeremyChenKESQ
·
4m
Victims name will be used in the hearing but redacted after it ends. I will not reporting their names. Only identifying by age to distinguish them if possible. Inv. Walsick is the only witness for the prosecution present.

Thomas Salsbury Investigator for @RSO takes the stand. He's another witness for the prosecution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288