Welcome To Websleuths # 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shout out to @WS Admin , we are having problems here, also being reported by members on most threads I've read the past few days.
Within the last 15 minutes or so, it seems like there's no problems at all -- just wanted to let @WS Admin know that if you're doing something right now, it's working -- otherwise, who knows? Hope I'm not speaking too soon....

oddly, this is the thread that hangs the longest when opening. And I all of a sudden have pop up ads playing automatically.

And it has taken me 5 minutes to type this due to lag.
Well, it appears I did jinx myself earlier getting excited too soon -- lag is back and my computer has crashed at least once since -- btw I appreciate @WS Admin for trying to deal with all the issues and our requests. I unfortunately don't have time to keep up my stubborn efforts so I'll lurk and look forward to an announcement or email when the bugs are fixed. Hugs to all and I'll be "liking" posts telepathically! ;)

For those having problems with the ads, please Google for a solution. This is a problem that you can easily fix on your own device. Not only for this site, but all sites. You just need to download the right software, and have the right settings. Your life will be so much better. :)

I think they removed Games from New Posts, so you no longer have to do that.

Oh, I wish it was *just* the Games forum I wanted to mute. At the old site I had a couple dozen or more threads/forums muted (JonBenet, Arias, etc. and others that were triggers for me). I've had to "ignore" some of those original posters unfortunately. Seems much more logical to mute the thread and not the poster. That was such a comforting feature of the old site. *shrug* :confused: *shrug* But like I said upthread, I'm just a lurker, so I don't really have any right to complain! :)

Oh, I wish it was *just* the Games forum I wanted to mute. At the old site I had a couple dozen or more threads/forums muted (JonBenet, Arias, etc. and others that were triggers for me). I've had to "ignore" some of those original posters unfortunately. Seems much more logical to mute the thread and not the poster. That was such a comforting feature of the old site. *shrug* :confused: *shrug* But like I said upthread, I'm just a lurker, so I don't really have any right to complain! :)

The muting threads option never worked for me on the other forum, so I was always stuck with games, Jon Benet etc... I'm so happy they removed the games from new posts on this forum so I don't feel I have to ignore people who contribute stuff I like to read.

Hi everyone !! Thank you all for your patience while issues are being worked on. This is still the place to note your concerns and I know Tricia and Dave are monitoring this thread as they are able. They are absolutely swamped behind the scenes, so your continued patience and understanding is very much appreciated.

Last edited:
The way posts are moderated is realllllllly not working - at least for me. To see post after post where it just says "<modsnip>" isn't as helpful as it was before. We can't learn anything from that, we can't know what we or others did wrong, so we're likely to just make the same mistakes. (Of course, we should all know the rules and we do try hard, but everyone makes a mistake every so often and frequently I find myself not knowing what I did wrong).

Just yesterday I got an alert to say my post had been removed because I hadn't provided a link... but it doesn't inform me which post was removed, so now I can't go back and provide a link or no what I did wrong, or wipe the information from my mind because it clearly isn't true.

Can we get an explanation on the post as to why they have been modsnipped? And is there anyway we can be given a "preview" in our alerts or somewhere when a post is deleted so we know which one and why it is wrong?

Thanks

The way posts are moderated is realllllllly not working - at least for me. To see post after post where it just says "<modsnip>" isn't as helpful as it was before. We can't learn anything from that, we can't know what we or others did wrong, so we're likely to just make the same mistakes. (Of course, we should all know the rules and we do try hard, but everyone makes a mistake every so often and frequently I find myself not knowing what I did wrong).

Just yesterday I got an alert to say my post had been removed because I hadn't provided a link... but it doesn't inform me which post was removed, so now I can't go back and provide a link or no what I did wrong, or wipe the information from my mind because it clearly isn't true.

Can we get an explanation on the post as to why they have been modsnipped? And is there anyway we can be given a "preview" in our alerts or somewhere when a post is deleted so we know which one and why it is wrong?

Thanks

I agree. I had one in here deleted the other day. Not sure why as I didn’t get a message or notification. It was just about the adverts I was seeing.

I got this error a few minutes ago:

503 Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Me too. It is taking several minutes to load pages. I can't post or reply to anything. Then it gives the above message and kicks me off the site.

(hopefully I can post this reply).

As on interstates, delay work is better done at night, with plenty of warning to drivers as to when it will take place.

When it's finished, the site will be good, though -- I like the colors and love the logo.

Till then: low-hanging fruit, easily fixed, includes the thread titles issue still. Also, it would be super if we could actually delete posts we've made, as before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie