GUILTY CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeremy Chen
@JeremyChenKESQ
·
1m
Investigator now talking about 22 yr old son. Said mother called them "suspect" for stealing stuff and being disrespectful.

Investigator: 22 yr old said he was restrained by chain and rope on and off for 6 years. Chain used after he escaped from rope.

Investigator: 22 yr old says he could read up to 3rd grade level. Says the son believed there were only 10 grade school levels.

Investigator described how difficult it was for 22 yr old son to sleep while chained up. Hard to move, roll over, or scratch his back.

Jeremy Chen
@JeremyChenKESQ

Defense now focused on alleged sexual assault by David #Turpin. Got deputy to say that the daughter says just pants was pulled down. No contact with chest or genital area and father was clothed.

Defense having deputy clarify that the father "tried" to force kisses on 17 yr old.

Defense now focused on the choking incident. Having him to clarify that no marks were left and didn't remember whether it was one or both hand and she didn't lose consciousness. #Turpins

ecess has been called. Hearing to resume at 11:10 a.m.
Defense is already ticking me off. I know they have a job to do, but
Minimizing this abuse is nauseating.

Jeremy Chen
@JeremyChenKESQ
·
7m
Defense getting investigator to say the bruises on 22 yr olds body scars and injuries not from abuse. #Turpin

Likely from "bumping and running into thing"...accidents while in Texas, not specifically abuse.

Investigator: Three scars on 22 yr old's head. Said it happened on a sink, counter, and cabinet. No parents present. Prosecution countering.

Lunch recess called. Return at 1:30.

and with that - I have to stop. As it's 10pm here. If anyone wants to take over the tweets - I don't mind. But otherwise I'll be back early my morning & post the rest of what happened.

Even worse than I expected. That brave brave 17-year-old, I really hope she's enjoying a much better life now, she deserves all the happiness she can get.

I know defence have to do their best to defend their clients but I do hate seeing some attempts at minimising things... sigh. "Running into things", doesn't sound like they had much chance to run around?

@JeremyChenKESQ
11 minutes ago

The lunch recess is set to end. #Turpin prelim hearing scheduled for 1:30 start time. Media has been let into the courtroom.

@JeremyChenKESQ
5 minutes ago

Hearing has now resumed.

@JeremyChenKESQ
5 minutes ago

Prosecution calling on Investigator Brett Rooker with @RSO.

@JeremyChenKESQ
3 minutes ago

Rooker: Interviewed Turpin sisters, specifically 14 yr old. Said when she was 8 or 9 while living in Murietta, she was thrown down the stairs. Caught in her mother's room, and mother threw her around the bedroom and the knocked her down stairs.

@JeremyChenKESQ
1 minute ago

Rooker: Saw dirt caked on 14 yr old's arms. Shown picture of left forearm. Showed clean spots where chains were. Last time had bath was 8 months prior, Mother's Day 2017. Chaining began in October of 2017 for a month and a half. Aware other siblings were also chained.

@JeremyChenKESQ
1 minute ago

Rooker: 14 yr old says they had no schooling since moving to Perris. Never completed one lesson for any of their grades. Says parents created homeschool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member