GUILTY FL - Jerry 'Mike' Williams, 31, Tallahassee, 16 Dec 2000 *Wife Arrested in 2017*

Double lives and a murder for marriage: Confession details plot to kill Mike Williams

It was cold and calculated, Brian Winchester told investigators, the final act of a scheme he and Mike’s wife Denise hatched so the lovers could be together.

It would look like an accident; her pious image wouldn’t be ruined by a divorce, they’d “live happily ever after,” he said. And with Mike’s nearly $2 million in life insurance, they’d be rich, too.

But things didn’t go as planned, Winchester said in his sworn confession last fall. Not the killing he carried out, not the pact of silence that concealed the crime for 17 years, certainly not the everlasting love.

Double lives and a murder for marriage: Confession details plot to kill Mike Williams
Mike Williams’ murder wasn’t a crime of passion.
It was cold and calculated, Brian Winchester told investigators, the final act of a scheme he and Mike’s wife Denise hatched so the lovers could be together.
It would look like an accident; her pious image wouldn’t be ruined by a divorce, they’d “live happily ever after,” he said. And with Mike’s nearly $2 million in life insurance, they’d be rich, too.
But things didn’t go as planned, Winchester said in his sworn confession last fall. Not the killing he carried out, not the pact of silence that concealed the crime for 17 years, certainly not the everlasting love.
Rest of story here: Double lives and a murder for marriage: Confession details plot to kill Mike Williams

On the above article that folieadeuxnola just posted:

Prosecutors are trying to hold the wrong person responsible for Mike's killing, Way insists, and he plans to prove her innocence at trial as soon as possible and will argue in court next week that she be let out of jail until then.

I noticed this sentence. I can't access Leon County - can anyone see what the date is for this next court hearing! This article is dated 6/1/18.

TIA!

If this is to be believed - and I think it is for the most part - this was really a mess. One thing I don't understand: Knowing Brian might go to prison and crack, reveal the truth, why did she press charges against Brian for kidnapping? Was she in denial? Did she believe that in spite sending him to jail for years he wouldn't reveal what happened? Or is her lawyer right and she had nothing to do with it? I personally believe she was involved but a good lawyer might take that last question and put enough doubt in the minds of the jury members.

“Does it ever get to you?” State Attorney Office Investigator Jason Newlin asked.

“Every day, man, every day. I regret it, everything,” Brian replied. “It affected me a lot more than Denise because Denise has an uncanny ability to live in denial. It’s weird, man, when you live a certain way, over a time period, and you act like something is the truth, it’s almost like you begin to believe it.”

On the above article that folieadeuxnola just posted:

Prosecutors are trying to hold the wrong person responsible for Mike's killing, Way insists, and he plans to prove her innocence at trial as soon as possible and will argue in court next week that she be let out of jail until then.

I noticed this sentence. I can't access Leon County - can anyone see what the date is for this next court hearing! This article is dated 6/1/18.

TIA!
I have a PDF print of the case docket/schedule on my Google Drive ....
Leon County Clerk Of Courts Public Web Site - Denise Williams - 20018 CF 001592 A002.pdf

Monday, June 18th:
*Motion Hearing (@ 3pm ET) – FL – Jerry Michael “Mike” Williams (31) (Dec. 16, 2000; found Dec. 9, 2017) – Denise Merrell Williams Winchester (48/29 @ time of crime) arrested & charged (5/7/18) with 1st degree murder, conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & accessory after the fact. No bond. Plead not guilty.
Her ex-husband Brian Winchester (45) was indicted (8/9/16) for kidnapping, domestic assault & armed burglary of Denise. Plead no contest (10/16/17) to plea agreement where assault charges were dropped. Sentenced 20 years in prison. They were married in Dec. 2005 & separated in 2012, divorced in 2016.
5/9/18 Update: Williams and Winchester also could face insurance fraud charges. Florida Chief Fincl Officer Jimmy Patronis said Wed. 5/9 that he has directed the state's Division of Investigative & Forensic Services to investigate alleged life insurance fraud in the case.
6/1/18 Update: Brian took a plea deal with immunity & confessed to killing.

6/7/18 Update: Motion hearing for Arthur hearing & set bond on 6/18 and Case Management hearing on 6/19. Motion for continuance granted unopposed on 6/6/18.

NO BOND!!!! Outstanding! I do feel bad for the daughter though. Never knew her father and since they denied visitation to the grandmother she didn't know her either. And now both her mother and step-father are in prison. Considering all that and Mike is dead, I don't feel even slightest sympathy for Denise Williams.

Tuesday, June 19th:
*Case Management Hearing (@ 10:30am ET) – FL – Jerry Michael “Mike” Williams (31) (Dec. 16, 2000; found Dec. 9, 2017) – Denise Merrell Williams Winchester (48/29 @ time of crime) arrested & charged (5/7/18) with 1st degree murder, conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & accessory after the fact. No bond. Plead not guilty.
Her x-husband Brian Winchester (45) was indicted (8/9/16) for kidnapping, domestic assault & armed burglary of Denise. Plead no contest (10/16/17) to plea agreement where assault charges were dropped. Sentenced 20 years in prison. They were married in Dec. 2005 & separated in 2012, divorced in 2016.
5/9/18 Update: Williams and Winchester also could face insurance fraud charges. Florida Chief Fincl Officer Jimmy Patronis said Wed. 5/9 that he has directed the state's Division of Investigative & Forensic Services to investigate alleged life insurance fraud in the case.
6/1/18 Update: Brian took plea deal with immunity & confessed to killing.
6/7/18 Update: Motion for continuance granted unopposed on 6/6/18. Motion hearing for Arthur hearing & set bond on 6/18 and Case Management hearing on 6/19.
6/19/18 Update: Judge denies bond, sets trial date for Sept. 24th.

Again MUCH appreciated Jethro4WS!!
animated-smileys-waving-002.gif

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member