Found Deceased Mo - Jessica N. Parsons, 26, Belton, 17 Jun 2018

I sit and over-analyze things like "WHY WALMART? What did she need there? And why was she dropped off in front of antique stores?", like that is anything odd a person would do on their Sunday afternoon. It's totally NOT weird though. It just sounds like a weekend day. I'm a little weirded out though that they say her phone was used at 10:43pm on social media and they're looking in to that. Snapchat, maybe? Or did another person use her phone? If they did, you'd think they wouldn't post on SM.
The Target would have been closer. Maybe Wally World had a specific brad of something she wanted.

This area looks pretty quaint. Are there any spots that aren't so great? Or any issues with crime?
A good part of North Scott has a lot of crime. Mostly due to low income and drug issues. If it's the antique store I'm thinking of a lot of those shops close early or are not open at all on Sunday

The Belton/Raymore area is basically a suburb of KC and fairly busy and higher posulation, South of that it's all small towns and villages. As far as "bad" areas, there are a lot of places that are impoverished and remote which attracts a lot of drug activity, for example, I live in a town of 1500 people and the house next door to me was a meth lab years before we moved here; a house down the road exploded one day because meth lab, and a few others too. Lots of meth labs, this place.

When I first moved here, one of my kc friends said "it's like someone took the 'hood, sat it in a field and filled it up with scary white people with guns and meth!" I would have to agree with their assessment, lol.
That's the best way of describing it I've ever heard!!!!

I watching the news about Jessica. She was found under the railroad train on the tracks. these trains are for looks only and do not move. the area is a historic area and most places are closed on Sunday. the trains are behind the main street there, behind the stores. I am so confused as to why she was there.

Oh no :(

My guess is self harm with something she bought at Walmart. Though if that was the intent, she spent a long time from the tie dropped off to the last phone use at 10:46pm before anything happened. She was dropped off about a block or two from where she was found.

One thing about it, unless there is something that just SCREAMS homicide the Jackson County Medical Examiner will call it undetermined or suicide. Use to live there for 13 years. KC Star did a lengthy expose on this very subject years ago.

JMO

Why go through all the effort of shopping at Walmart and then taking an Uber ride..texting the family from her phone ( if it was even her that texted..)..only to commit suicide underneath a railroad car!? Come on...if I was thinking of committing suicide..I would not bother shopping or taking an Uber ride..it is more likely a person wanting to commit suicide will do so in their own,familiar surroundings ( not always,but usually..) AND those who commit suicide DO SO at such a place where their body will be found..not hidden away underneath a railroad car..This seems more likely she went to possibly go meet person or persons..and they either lured her to where she was found..and killed her..with the intention of doing so beforehand.I could see it being a scenario in which whomever called her up..boyfriend? IDK..irate with her..and giving her an ultimatum..pressuring her to drop everything and come meet up with them..just a theory..I am not comfortable either with the Uber ride..that is a person I would be questioning too.Too many young women are victims of violence.and murder...it's like an epidemic.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back