GUILTY CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
No words. Much worse than anyone imagined. These kids were permanently damaged and disabled from this abuse. How could it go on so long without anyone stepping in? The parents knew where to live and how to behave to prevent anyone close to them from interfering. They put a lot of thought and work into hiding horrific abuse for so many years. Did any of these kids ever experience anything like a normal environment? Doesn't sound like it.

Very concerning re: the child’s desire to kill animals.
I can't remember where I read it, but years and years ago when researching serial killers and their "early years" and seeing so many similarities to killing animals at a young age, one mental health professional wrote that for children that experience extreme abuse, the desire to hurt or kill small animals (or even other kids, younger than them) was their way of taking back control of their own lives.

In a very dark, sad, and twisty way, that totally made sense to me. When an adult severely abuses a child, it's a VERY good bet they might be turning that child into a monster in their later years.

No words. Much worse than anyone imagined. These kids were permanently damaged and disabled from this abuse. How could it go on so long without anyone stepping in? The parents knew where to live and how to behave to prevent anyone close to them from interfering. They put a lot of thought and work into hiding horrific abuse for so many years. Did any of these kids ever experience anything like a normal environment? Doesn't sound like it.

They lived in a suburban development though. That actually seems like a bold decision to me. To go from rural Texas to a suburban development shows their cockiness imo

My sincere hope, for all these siblings, is that they find housing and support with the most awesome people, that can help them become the best "them" that they can each be, despite what their sick and twisted parents did to them.

That not one of them will ever know an abusive situation again, but be surrounded by a fantastic collection of encouraging people that will inspire them each and every day. They all deserve that, in spades.

Very concerning re: the child’s desire to kill animals.

I agree. It's a sobering reminder the incredible toll abuse, neglect, and isolation has on a human being.

I hope and pray that whatever help they get can be beneficial in stopping or controlling this desire.

The sad reality I came to today (and I know this, but I didn't want to think about it) is some of them may never be okay.

They lived in a suburban development though. That actually seems like a bold decision to me. To go from rural Texas to a suburban development shows their cockiness imo

Yes, they must have become more confident in their ability to control the kids. That included the cages and chains. Also dressing them up in clean clothes for the rare times they were allowed outside the house, then making them put their dirty clothes back on once they went inside. It sounds like the parents got a kick out of the control they were able to exercise over them. It was torture, pure and simple.

How they justified this with religious beliefs is beyond me. I at least thought they were making the kids read the Bible all day, but it sounds like many of them never learned to read much at all. The 17 yo said she never learned the alphabet past the letter J.

I agree. It's a sobering reminder the incredible toll abuse, neglect, and isolation has on a human being.

I hope and pray that whatever help they get can be beneficial in stopping or controlling this desire.

The sad reality I came to today (and I know this, but I didn't want to think about it) is some of them may never be okay.

Bbm. I’m a year or two older than the oldest daughter. I can’t imagine being 30 years old with the experience and education of a young child. I assume she had more general knowledge than the younger siblings, but she obviously is still really far behind people our age. It makes me realize that I took for granted all of the things I’ve experienced in my 20s. I pray she turns out okay, but I have a feeling it’s going to be an uphill battle.

This was heart wrenching to read. Incredible how two adults can totally screw up as many children as they see fit. Their lives are forever changed and there’s no do overs or take backs. They just have to overcome it. I sincerely hope each one of them can.

Thank you so much to all who posted tweets today. So harrowing and unfathomable.

A few more tweet tidbits:

Rob McMillan
@abc7robmcmillan
#TurpinCase Laughter in the courtroom when a defense attorney asked the investigator if he's reviewed ALL the hospital documents. He said no; there were over 9,000 of them. Defense attorney said "that's a lot of pages." Investigator then gestured with his hand well over his head.
7:17 PM · Jun 20, 2018

#TurpinCase Investigator: the Turpin parents abandoned their children in a Texas apartment for three years while they lived 50 miles away
6:47 PM · Jun 20, 2018

#TurpinCase Investigator: the 12-year old girl has a body weight percentile of 0.04, and body height percentile of 0.01. Doctor said this is indication of prolonged calorie deprivation.
5:39 PM · Jun 20, 2018

#TurpinCase Investigator: one of the boys had difficulty walking because of muscle weakness, and scoliosis in his back. That same child talked about wanting to kill animals, and that his dreams could predict the future.
5:35 PM · Jun 20, 2018

#TurpinCase Investigator: the 11-year old girl had the most severe symptoms; body weight percentile of 0.01 and a body height percentile of 0.79. She had the arm thickness of a 4.5-month old child.
5:31 PM · Jun 20, 2018

#TurpinCase All of the minor children were admitted to the hospital on January 14th, all released on January 25th
5:30 PM · Jun 20, 2018

#TurpinCase Deputy says a Turpin daughter told him they hadn't had their bedsheets changed in more than a year.
5:09 PM · Jun 20, 2018

Some more tweets from MSM folks...

NancyDillonNYDN‏ @NancyDillonNYDN 4h4 hours ago
Another Turpin daughter told police she was "always hungry" and could see pies in pantry and apple juice in fridge she wasn't allowed to touch. Investigator Daniel Brown testified Louise Turpin would let pies get moldy then toss them. He saw at least two moldy pies at house.

NancyDillonNYDN‏ @NancyDillonNYDN 4h4 hours ago
The #Turpin daughter told Deputy Brown her last bath was Mother's Day 2017. She changed clothing for outing that day but was forced back into soiled clothes upon return. She said the last time her bed sheets were changed was Christmas 2016.

Nicole Comstock‏Verified account @ComstockNEWS 4h4 hours ago
Investigators show pictures of the #Turpin children’s clothing which included underwear heavily soiled with feces. Deputy testifying says one girl “changed her clothing to go out for Mother’s Day. And when she came home, she was to put the same dirty, soiled clothing on.” @CBSLA

Nicole Comstock‏Verified account @ComstockNEWS 7h7 hours ago
Investigator at #Turpin preliminary hearing says one of the couple’s sons told him he had been tied up with ropes, but was able to escape by using his teeth to chew his way out, so eventually his father and mother started using small chains instead. @CBSLA

More tweets from Rob:

#TurpinCase Deputy says one child told him “mother would purchase pies, leave them in the refrigerator or pantry, wait until they got moldy, and then throw them in the trash," even though she was hungry.
5:08 PM · Jun 20, 2018

#TurpinCase deputy testifies David and Louise Turpin would eat Jersey Mikes, pizza and French fries. But the children would rarely, if at all, be allowed to join in.
5:06 PM · Jun 20, 2018

#TurpinCase Another slide shows the clothing that one of the Turpin kids was wearing. It appears dirty; the girls underwear soiled in feces. The investigator on the witness stand simply described them as "pretty gross."
4:56 PM · Jun 20, 2018

#TurpinCase Deputy just revealed that [redacted by me] said she was sexually abused by her father in the TV room upstairs, when they lived in Murrieta. [J] said father called her over to him, pulled her pants down, and put her on his lap.
1:20 PM · Jun 20, 2018

#TurpinCase Deputy: 12 children stayed in three rooms; there were four children to a room. The two year old stayed in the parents’ room.
1:03 PM · Jun 20, 2018

#TurpinCase 911 audio: [J] says the youngest child in the family is is two years old. “Mother takes care of her right.”
12:34 PM · Jun 20, 2018

#TurpinCase when asked to give the street address, [J] gave the zip code instead
12:24 PM · Jun 20, 2018

#TurpinCase 911 audio being played; [J] Turpin spelled her name to the dispatcher as T-U-R-P-E-N
12:23 PM · Jun 20, 2018

I've only seen a couple of short videos of today's hearings.

She looks ghastly. Her lawyer looks like Mark Sievers/wife murderer and seemed serious.
He/defendant looks guilty or at least trying to appear to be taking this seriously. His lawyer looks like she's doing anything other than being there to represent a man accused of torturing his 13 children and sexually assaulting at least one of them; she smiles often and her entire demeanor appears to be quite pleasant.

I've only seen a couple of short videos of today's hearings.

She looks ghastly. Her lawyer looks like Mark Sievers/wife murderer and seemed serious.
He/defendant looks guilty or at least trying to appear to be taking this seriously. His lawyer looks like she's doing anything other than being there to represent a man accused of torturing his 13 children and sexually assaulting at least one of them; she smiles often and her entire demeanor appears to be quite pleasant.
Louise gives flirty little smiles to her lawyer.

Thank you so much to all who posted tweets today. So harrowing and unfathomable.

A few more tweet tidbits:

Rob McMillan
@abc7robmcmillan
#TurpinCase Laughter in the courtroom when a defense attorney asked the investigator if he's reviewed ALL the hospital documents. He said no; there were over 9,000 of them. Defense attorney said "that's a lot of pages." Investigator then gestured with his hand well over his head.
7:17 PM · Jun 20, 2018

#TurpinCase Investigator: the Turpin parents abandoned their children in a Texas apartment for three years while they lived 50 miles away
6:47 PM · Jun 20, 2018

#TurpinCase Investigator: the 12-year old girl has a body weight percentile of 0.04, and body height percentile of 0.01. Doctor said this is indication of prolonged calorie deprivation.
5:39 PM · Jun 20, 2018

#TurpinCase Investigator: one of the boys had difficulty walking because of muscle weakness, and scoliosis in his back. That same child talked about wanting to kill animals, and that his dreams could predict the future.
5:35 PM · Jun 20, 2018

#TurpinCase Investigator: the 11-year old girl had the most severe symptoms; body weight percentile of 0.01 and a body height percentile of 0.79. She had the arm thickness of a 4.5-month old child.
5:31 PM · Jun 20, 2018

#TurpinCase All of the minor children were admitted to the hospital on January 14th, all released on January 25th
5:30 PM · Jun 20, 2018

#TurpinCase Deputy says a Turpin daughter told him they hadn't had their bedsheets changed in more than a year.
5:09 PM · Jun 20, 2018

I’m confused. Did they abandon the kids and go live in an apartment for three years? Or did they leave the kids in an apartment? Was that Texas house that we’ve seen pics of rented or owned? I thought they owned it but it’s been a while and i could use a refresher on a lot of details.

I’ve been thinking a lot about the one victim saying he wants to kill animals. It just really concerns me. And now seeing he said he can predict the future.... I truly hope he is getting top of the line mental and physical care. If it’s who I think it is, you can tell from the Vegas pics that something is very wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288