GUILTY - Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that it served WM's own purposes, however I believe that it killed a few birds with one stone, so to speak. DM was already around 30 years old and in my humble opinion, hadn't yet come to terms with adulthood.. getting on with his adult life, finding a career/occupation so as not to just live off of the family's estate without a means to refresh it. DM seemed scattered, having taken a bunch of different things in school (not sure if he completed all of them - I read one time that he went to chef school, but I haven't seen anywhere that indicates that he achieved his chef status (which in Ontario is actually called 'cook'). He was into hanging out with younger people, smoking weed, having no schedule, doing whatever he wanted, no seeming expectations from anyone. In my view, WM was trying to set up a business that would run without DM necessarily having to have any real skills.. there would be mechanics employed to do the actual work.. accountants, bookkeepers and maybe lawyers to look after the books and legalities, etc. DM would only need to exist as the president, and hopefully oversee and understand everything, and hopefully have a comfortable income in addition to his family's wealth (which would eventually run out if there is only spending happening and no earning).

I think, imho, that it served WM's personal purposes as you have mentioned, setting DM up with a career that would make money without DM having to have qualifications, and also hopefully keep the Millard wealth going. Also it seems that previously (2011 and prior?) DM may have actually been interested in this plan, otherwise, why would he have agreed to attend those courses he travelled to the USA for? jmo.

I agree that, on some level, WM did want to help his son. And I also think DM knew how to keep his father happy enough (ie attending courses) that he kept the cash flowing, but it was still a deeply toxic relationship.

Dellen Millard will be found not guilty. Judge only cases are usually not guilty in Canada

Especially if the Judge tosses Sutherland’s reconstruction of GSR, I think Pillay will certainly ask for a dismissal because the Crown hasn’t proven a suicide did not occur, therefore his client can not be proven guilty beyond reasonable doubt for a death that’s not proven to be murder.

If that occurs, I have no idea what the Judge would rule and we’re not privy to all the Statements of Agreed upon Facts that’ve been filed. My own opinion from just following the tweets, I think whether WM died by suicide or murder hasn’t been proven. It’s a hurdle for the Crown because the scene, the body and probably the gun was not properly preserved or analyzed at the onset. Certainly DM appears guilty and likely is but in a court of law he’s not required to prove his innocence. Tomorrow will be an important day in this trial, one way or another.

Dellen Millard will be found not guilty. Judge only cases are usually not guilty in Canada

Are you stating a fact, or is this your opinion? Judges have more training and experience than jury members and therefore are more likely to be able to decide whether a person is guilty or not guilty beyond reasonable doubt. The whole concept of "reasonable doubt" is difficult to explain to jury members, but judges understand how that plays out in a trial.

I think that in DM's case, he chose a judge only trial because a judge is less likely to be swayed by the media or public opinion, and is more likely to stick to the evidence. In this trial, the evidence is largely circumstantial, so DM is likely hoping that there isn't enough evidence to link him to the crime. But circumstantial evidence is still evidence, and in this case there is a strong chain of evidence that leads one to believe DM murdered his father. I feel confident that DM will be found guilty.

No one else sees it but on my computer, I see ears and whiskers of a cat on the blue chair.

View attachment 136526 other attempts to show kitty

I saw what looks exactly like a cat, white with tabby markings. However taking a second I think it’s an illusion because the tabby portion matches what appears to be a blanket just to the left and the whitish outline of the ears is also evident just a bit higher up. Interesting though, maybe a visit from an angel cat!

Especially if the Judge tosses Sutherland’s reconstruction of GSR, I think Pillay will certainly ask for a dismissal because the Crown hasn’t proven a suicide did not occur, therefore his client can not be proven guilty beyond reasonable doubt for a death that’s not proven to be murder.

If that occurs, I have no idea what the Judge would rule and we’re not privy to all the Statements of Agreed upon Facts that’ve been filed. My own opinion from just following the tweets, I think whether WM died by suicide or murder hasn’t been proven. It’s a hurdle for the Crown because the scene, the body and probably the gun was not properly preserved or analyzed at the onset. Certainly DM appears guilty and likely is but in a court of law he’s not required to prove his innocence. Tomorrow will be an important day in this trial, one way or another.

1) Has suicide been ruled out beyond a reasonable doubt?

If the Sutherland testimony is not excluded, then the answer is yes. Even if the Sutherland testimony is excluded, you still have the complete absence of GSR on WM's left hand which is the only hand free to have fired the shot. Add to that, all of the circumstantial evidence on birthday plans, WM's recent aversion to guns, meetings re: the hangar, recent license from Transport Canada and a suicide seems extremely unlikely. So arguably, the answer to 1) is still yes.

2) So if not suicide, then who committed this murder?

The answer is pretty straight forward from there. DM's DNA on the (illegal) murder weapon which he bought from a gun dealer, DM's cellphone pings placing him at the scene, his untruthfulness in his police statement, his behavior after the murder...

I'm betting on the Crown winning this case.

The opening statements were foregone, but will there be closing arguments by each set of counsel?
I'm really hoping there will be.

1) Has suicide been ruled out beyond a reasonable doubt?

If the Sutherland testimony is not excluded, then the answer is yes. Even if the Sutherland testimony is excluded, you still have the complete absence of GSR on WM's left hand which is the only hand free to have fired the shot. Add to that, all of the circumstantial evidence on birthday plans, WM's recent aversion to guns, meetings re: the hangar, recent license from Transport Canada and a suicide seems extremely unlikely. So arguably, the answer to 1) is still yes.

2) So if not suicide, then who committed this murder?

The answer is pretty straight forward from there. DM's DNA on the (illegal) murder weapon which he bought from a gun dealer, DM's cellphone pings placing him at the scene, his untruthfulness in his police statement, his behavior after the murder...

I'm betting on the Crown winning this case.

WMs left hand was never tested for GSR as I recall.

I’m going to let the Judge decide but I don’t see this as being an easy case. DM is safely locked away for 50 years regardless.

The opening statements were foregone, but will there be closing arguments by each set of counsel?
I'm really hoping there will be.

In other Judge only cases I’ve followed, yes. The closing statements, both sides, same as in jury trials. I’d think they’d need to, in order to summarize what each side believes it’s proven.

My imagination only, all purely fabrication, just thinking how the accused has the distinct advantage of customizing a storyline to account for evidence already heard by the court.

What If DM testifies in his own defence, admits he lied to LE about the night of Nov 28th because he was scared (sob, sob) and believes he caused his fathers suicide. (He already admitted to some angry words)

He tells a story something like this.....

After buying guns illegally, left the 32 caliber somewhere in plain sight downstairs and on Nov 28th, his father discovers it and took it.

Meanwhile DM hangs out at MSs for awhile that evening, does whatever, orders pizza, goes somewhere else. Later, he cabs it back home to Maple Gate at 1pm. He has an explanation about why he didn’t drive, if he had lost his drivers licence or maybe he was drinking. It was just a typical night out, absolutely no reason to cover his tracks by paying cash, etc.

At some point after WMs phone conversation is concluded with JC by 3am, WM and DM engage in a hateful ugly verbal dispute. There’s no shortage of possible issues including the presence of the gun in the house, the dire financial situation of Millardair, WMs drinking, DMs behaviour....blame, insults, vicious words that hurt get hurled back and forth. The two rage at each other until almost 6am, Nov 29th when DM takes off and heads back over to MSs, goes to sleep on the floor.

Later that day DM goes back home and finds his father dead by suicide and observes his gun on or beside the bed. Maybe he even picks it up. He’s not about to admit to LE his father used the gun he purchased illegally or the full extent of angry, nasty words spoken between the two. So he wipes any prints from the gun and tosses it in the corner, calls his mother. He concocts a story with MS to completely distance himself, that he stayed the entire night at MSs. He’s built his entire life through lying and deceit, avoiding responsibility, he’s well practised at it, what’s one more time.

Maybe something like this is what happened, except that DM waited for WM to fall asleep, then he pulled the trigger and fled. But I don’t think we’ll ever know the absolute truth.

I agree that, on some level, WM did want to help his son. And I also think DM knew how to keep his father happy enough (ie attending courses) that he kept the cash flowing, but it was still a deeply toxic relationship.
When you say deeply toxic relationship, do you mean you believe that from both ends? Can you explain what you mean a bit more? Do you mean... WM kind of in his own world, with his own, perhaps somewhat selfish, visions.. and DM in his own world, taking advantage of his dad wherever he could. Do you think the two were at each other all the time? That they didn't communicate? That WM was unhappy with the living arrangements? It seems like WM did have control, at least of the business and funds, while he was alive? Did he hang that stuff over DM's head? Do you believe DM when he said that WM asked him about his new lady friend, or think that was a lie.. it seemed like he was perhaps trying to involve her in the business by at least keeping her privy to certain aspects.. that had to have bothered DM? I'm sorry I really don't know anything about their personal relationship and I am sure you know much more. I do have your book, but I will have to get myself to get the heck off of sleuthing when I've got time that could be spent reading a real book.. does your book elaborate on that relationship at all? Thanks for any insight into their relationship that you might be able to share.

I saw what looks exactly like a cat, white with tabby markings. However taking a second I think it’s an illusion because the tabby portion matches what appears to be a blanket just to the left and the whitish outline of the ears is also evident just a bit higher up. Interesting though, maybe a visit from an angel cat!

The cat I refer to is black.

IT is not tomorrow that the judge will tell what decision she made it is Friday.

The pics are blurry , cannot tell what is in the picture.
can you hit control scroll to enlarge them?

ETA - cat I see is laying on chair looking toward camera. I see two ears one on the right is white. I see whiskers. IMO important because a cat could knock a gun over IMO. And yes, some cats are used to people unlike someone who said the cat would never stay in the room. Well, maybe LE have better ways to decipher photos.

can you hit control scroll to enlarge them?

ETA - cat I see is laying on chair looking toward camera. I see two ears one on the right is white. I see whiskers. IMO important because a cat could knock a gun over IMO. And yes, some cats are used to people unlike someone who said the cat would never stay in the room. Well, maybe LE have better ways to decipher photos.
You realize that that chair is facing toward WM and the 'cat' that you are seeing would have to be sitting therefore, on the arm of the chair, facing toward the back of the chair (which, from my experience, cats tend to look outward from the chair, not toward the back, plus if the cat was in the room, one might imagine it would be keeping its owner company, and therefore facing its owner (which it would be backward in this case)? I do know what you are talking about, and with imagination, we *could* turn that into a cat, however I believe that if a cat *were* in the room after WM's death, the cat would have been lying/sitting with WM. Also, no mention of a cat anywhere in sight, which would have potentially been an important consideration in that if present, the cat had the possibility of altering a sheet/pillowcase, jumping onto the bag, making the gun move/drop more, etc., putting little catpaw prints of blood across the bed/carpet..

It actually may have been something DM *should* have thought of doing, was to allow the animals into WM's room because that might have been one sure way to screw up all of any evidence so they wouldn't have been able to tell for sure all of the positions of things at TOD? jmo.

ETA: if that *is* a cat, that is one danged fugly cat.... imho of course :)

The cat I refer to is black.

You saw a black cat? Nope, sorry then I didn’t see that one, just the white one with a streak of tabby markings on its back....that I don’t think was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy