Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because it’s likely DCF will retract a lot of info. In a formal proceeding it’s harder to do.

After 30 years in politics I understand the process. Public outcry especially in an organized form gets attention very fast when done in a thoughtful compassionate manner.

The old adage “ the squeaky wheel gets the grease” is still true.

One if the reasons Lucas case received so much attention was public involvement. I would imagine there is deep concerns with DCF especially when it’s been common practice to under report child deaths by 60% from 2012 to 2015.

I find that heartbreaking.

Unless and until I see otherwise I’m expecting the new leadership and the new law to bring positive changes as far as transparency and effectiveness.

It might in future cases. The effective date is July 1 so it will not apply to Lucas.

My three decades in public service and politics knows spin when I see it.

I hope I’m wrong but I don’t expect anywhere near full disclosure from DCF.
I’m not relying on DCF for information. I do however remain hopeful the DA will be honest though. His political future is more directly tied to the public’s perception than any one person in DCF. IMO

Glass' parents picked her up from the Sedgwick County Jail Wednesday. Eyewitness News spoke with them. They say they've hired a private investigator and that Glass is staying in a secret location while she adjusts and has time to gather her thoughts. (BBM)...this confused me at the time,because very shortly after this statement came out,didn't Jonathan's grandma hire DM??? I know that JH said he did,but I thought it was his relative that did the hiring??
In their statement, they did say this didn't they? We know now that DM was talking to JH prior to EG's release, but that it was JH or his grandmother or someone in that group handling everything. Who is "we"? Did they just attach themselves to the hiring effort for good spin on Emily? I wonder if EG's family and JH had to coax her to participate. From the description DM gave of his first meeting with her, it sounds clear to me she really wanted no part of it IMO.

JH probably has more money, now. He could sell Emily's Acura, so he doesn't have to make the payments or pay for the car insurance. If he is paying for health insurance, it just got cheaper with two of his dependents being deceased. He doesn't have to buy very much groceries and doesn't have to buy other needs for people. If he isn't drinking all of his money away, he should have quite a bit extra. Carrying for people is costly.
Has been able to work very much lately so I doubt he is rolling money

O/T, last night I was watching 48 Hours, Crystal McDowell. The clear suspect was sent home overnight so he could get his affairs in order, etc before they arrested him officially the next day. Upon that opportunity, he could have taken the chance to run or commit suicide (but he didnt)...Maureen Maher, the reporter, asked the DA, something along the lines of "have you ever seen a case where they allowed a known suspect to walk out like that?" She adamantly said "No". I was thinking to myself, "yes, I have....".

In their statement, they did say this didn't they? We know now that DM was talking to JH prior to EG's release, but that it was JH or his grandmother or someone in that group handling everything. Who is "we"? Did they just attach themselves to the hiring effort for good spin on Emily? I wonder if EG's family and JH had to coax her to participate. From the description DM gave of his first meeting with her, it sounds clear to me she really wanted no part of it IMO.
Who’s the PI EG’s family hired? Or were they talking about LH family hiring DM? I wonder what EG’s family is thinking about all of this. I hope both families can put their differences aside and pull together for the sake of MH and come together in remembrance of Lucas. Tragedies like these change people. Hopefully everyone involved will get the help they need and learn from this horrific ordeal. We can’t change the past. But we owe it to Lucas and everyone involved to make the changes needed to prevent this from happening to anyone else and their families. Imo

We'd looked back at the flaming dramas EG left wherever she'd went; and we'd sifted mountains of lies for the truth until we were so sick of it all we couldn't type any longer.
Had EG lived, she'd beguile us with turgid tales fraught with terror in her relationships, and weave woeful glimpses into her own neglected childhood, how she was never loved nor cared for and ultimately knew no better than to fight for everything, and never once enjoyed the simple trust of even one (hint: she'd just copy & paste the worst from those around her while free and then, incarcerated just for the groupies and lenient sentence).
Those closest would be revealed as the 'true and God's honest' source of Lucas' abuse, the state would be to blame for refusing her access & respite from their tormentors, the world's evil and agendas against her at every turn would naturally issue forth from her face like puss from foul & festering sores (enough to fill several hour long interviews and assorted sundry lucrative book deals).

Although enough of us have seen what horrors passed for a persona just below her skin, I'm one of the rare fortunate few who for whom 'seeing is believing'; not requiring another's words when their actions speak eloquently, alone.
I'm totally not interested in any of the "woe is me" stories Emily could tell, I simply want to know the truth bout what happened to Lucas. I'm not fooled nor will I ever be fooled by people like Emily.

That said, I do believe that there is more to the story than the version of Emily killing Lucas and then disposing of him. I'm also aware that the story could be just this simple.

I do believe it very possible that Lucas had internal injuries that led to his death. Medical help was not sought because abuse would have been discovered and those responsible would be held accountable.

As we have learned during this case, there has been a combined effort on both Emily and Jonathan to cover up and hide abuse of Lucas.

Why then would it be so difficult to believe that the abuse that led to his death was also covered up and hidden by the very same people.

It might in future cases. The effective date is July 1 so it will not apply to Lucas.
Yes the official effective date is July 1 but they have stated they will comply with the law ahead of the effective date. Which includes Lucas’ case. I’m taking a wait and see what actually happens approach.

That said, I do believe that there is more to the story than the version of Emily killing Lucas and then disposing of him. I'm also aware that the story could be just this simple.

I do believe it very possible that Lucas had internal injuries that led to his death. Medical help was not sought because abuse would have been discovered and those responsible would be held accountable.

BBM. i think this really hits the nail on the head. i think that Lucas passing and being disposed of was relatively simple but i also think there a lot of crazy & confusing factors that lead up to feb 11-17th. imo, EG never wanted Lucas to die bc she knew it could unravel her lifestyle, as it did. i used to play with the idea it was premeditated as my second theory but after all that has happened, i am more confident in the former. and after whatever happened to cause Lucas to pass, i completely agree she avoided medical help bc of abuse on his body.

ive recently been asking myself if the crazy & confusing factors (such as did Lucas get into the middle of EG/another adult fighting, did EG give him drugs to sleep while she went out, did he have internal injuries) matter anymore. and i think that they do - if Lucas' autopsy can somehow show how he died, i think it is important there is a conclusion for Lucas' story.

anyway, im still here even though theres not much new to add currently!

BBM. i think this really hits the nail on the head. i think that Lucas passing and being disposed of was relatively simple but i also think there a lot of crazy & confusing factors that lead up to feb 11-17th. imo, EG never wanted Lucas to die bc she knew it could unravel her lifestyle, as it did. i used to play with the idea it was premeditated as my second theory but after all that has happened, i am more confident in the former. and after whatever happened to cause Lucas to pass, i completely agree she avoided medical help bc of abuse on his body.

ive recently been asking myself if the crazy & confusing factors (such as did Lucas get into the middle of EG/another adult fighting, did EG give him drugs to sleep while she went out, did he have internal injuries) matter anymore. and i think that they do - if Lucas' autopsy can somehow show how he died, i think it is important there is a conclusion for Lucas' story.

anyway, im still here even though theres not much new to add currently!
Well said.

Curious how this theory would affect EG's significant others and those she dealt with in her own life prior and during their relationship she kept JH in the dark as rule, rather than the other way around.

<modsnip: rude> this doesn't really fit into the major behavioural issues EG maintained as a habit, those she chose to support the lies she told, or the ones who are crossing their fingers & all else praying their own dealings with her don't make the nightly news.

Last edited by a moderator:
Curious how this theory would affect EG's significant others and those she dealt with in her own life prior and during their relationship she kept JH in the dark as rule, rather than the other way around.

<modsnip: rude> this doesn't really fit into the major behavioural issues EG maintained as a habit, those she chose to support the lies she told, or the ones who are crossing their fingers & all else praying their own dealings with her don't make the nightly news.

<modsnip> I for one do not believe JH was in the dark at all, so I will see things differently than you do.

IMO we will never know the full story, some secrets of other players will never be revealed now and I am sure some are breathing a little bit better knowing that.

Last edited by a moderator:
(Ugh, o/t, this relates to UID "Little Jacob" just identified as Jaden Alexander, but wow, talk about DE ja vu--we don't know for sure exactly what happened to little Lucas of course (yet, anyway), but this quote from Jaden's thread sounds similar to some discussions we have had here re: Lucas and how he possibly died, etc:

Galveston's 'Little Jacob' suffered 'head injury,' neglect before his death

Galveston's 'Little Jacob' suffered 'head injury,' neglect before his death

(Via KHOU 11)

More info I hadn’t seen but I haven’t read all the links.

“According to court document, in March, a caller told the FBI that "Little Jacob" was the child of Rivera and that she had two children. However, the caller added that when they saw her and Amezquita Gomez in December, she only had one child with her.

The caller also told FBI that the child she had with her another child who "appeared malnourished and very sickly."”

“Amezquita Gomez said she was too drunk at the time the photos were taken to remember what happened. She claims that Rivera just told her to get in the SUV.”

<modsnipped due to copyright infringement>

The woman explained that over the next few days Jayden's health began to deteriorate and that he complained of stomach aches. She said he became more lethargic.

Rivera said Jayden passed away, and in the middle of the night, her, her other son and Gomez Amezquita drove to Galveston with the body. She explained that she put Jayden into the water because he liked going to the beach.”

(Ugh, o/t, this relates to UID "Little Jacob" just identified as Jaden Alexander, but wow, talk about DE ja vu--we don't know for sure exactly what happened to little Lucas of course (yet, anyway), but this quote from Jaden's thread sounds similar to some discussions we have had here re: Lucas and how he possibly died, etc:
OT thanks for the update. I’ve been following the case but not daily.

Qmfr:

(Correction: Jaden Alexander Lopez)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member