GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wrote to the DA months ago about his case when it came up here awhile back and have yet to hear anything in it's regard....may be just small town mentality, they do what the hell they want or in this case, nothing

Don’t hold your breath, dancin! :D

And, possibly......
Came to ask for a loan from grandma and grandpa? It would be interesting to know if there are any drug related arrests in the area where these two grandchildren live in the years leading up to or following this crime? If MCD was living in Atlanta, near his parents, he may have been alienated from his children. In 2000, MCD was 47 (two grandchildren could have been 20-27 yrs. in 2000). In 2014, possible 34-41 yrs. Not mentioning any names as we don't know names. JMO etc. But would be interesting to be able to research crimes in AZ leading up to and since 2000 or so.
FOR SURE! IF they go by Dermond, I was going to check the areas on mugshots.com....if the kids were in AZ may be estranged for sure, MCD seemed to always be in his parents house accord to people search engines on line.....but the first address that came up on the search engines was Phoenix AZ... so seems to have gone there first and then came home due to his lifestyle and couldn't make a living or to try to SOOO yes SS needs to go to AZ, don't rmember hearing that he has gone THERE but other states and cities I rmember, but no telling where those folks moved to ….im going to try to find marriages and divorces if anyone wants to help dig, nothing is coming up on ancestry yet!

I have some relatives where the mother died and the grandparent's will had her portion go to split between her kids. Lots of people do this. Mark's children could have been getting his share. I can't see them deserting them, they are their flesh and blood. Not accusing them of anything at all just saying that is how some people do things.
You're right kay, we actually had that setup with my inlaws for the deceased sister, duh, don't know how I forgot that but you may be right, so knock them off and.....but SS SAID..that it went tot the three surviving children but only the family knows if that's truth or NOT

Just thinking about this case . I think this happened all at the house and the house wasn't as clean as SS says it was. We have heard in the beginning how clean it was and now we are hearing about more blood in the garage. I'm still curious how someone could be seen on the lawn the day this probably happened , be interviewed and still not be a suspect. Did SS catch a peeping tom and just let him go? Has anyone ( friends who found them or the fishermen) talked about this with any reporters? I know Brad Dermond says he talks to 1 of their friends each week I wonder if he talks to SS once a week. I also wonder if this neighbor has told Brad the truth and it being more than SS has said so far. Seems like everyone with access to the scene is very quiet. I assume there was a cleaning crew after the crime scene was opened and I assume a construction crew to repair the garage floor yet nobody has talked about what they saw. HMMM

This is just what I recall. Shirley and Russell did not go to the trial for Mark’s killer. It seems like they had enough of the problems Mark had caused and brought onto the family. This wording is not verbatim, but similar to what I remember reading four years ago.

To me, it seemed strange that the parents did not go at least to hear the verdict. I have heard that a family with a child addict can disrupt a family! Mark was not a child, he was a grown man who apparently had put his parents through he$$ for years with his addiction. There probably are many terrible events this family dealt with during this long drug problem with Mark.

I still wonder if the murders were a result of something from years ago that involved Mark. How would anyone really know?

I haven't followed for a long time, but did when it first happened, so not sure of any updates.

I remember LE saying the way Mrs Dermond was put in the water she was never meant to be found. I still think this was directed at one of their children.

Has there been any updates at all?

This is just what I recall. Shirley and Russell did not go to the trial for Mark’s killer. It seems like they had enough of the problems Mark had caused and brought onto the family. This wording is not verbatim, but similar to what I remember reading four years ago.

To me, it seemed strange that the parents did not go at least to hear the verdict. I have heard that a family with a child addict can disrupt a family! Mark was not a child, he was a grown man who apparently had put his parents through he$$ for years with his addiction. There probably are many terrible events this family dealt with during this long drug problem with Mark.

I still wonder if the murders were a result of something from years ago that involved Mark. How would anyone really know?

MCD was 47 years old when murdered in Atlanta. His children (at the time he was killed in 2000) were likely 20 yrs old or older. In 2014 (when Russ and Shirley were killed), add 14 years to their ages. Drugs can have a horrific effect on children of addicts.

I would think SS would have looked into this branch of the investigation thoroughly, but who knows? Drugs can take you places you never wanted to go and keep you longer than you ever wanted to stay. Drugs are wrecking balls on family trees. MOO.

Another thing I keep asking myself. Why go to the trouble of murdering an 88 year old man and a 87 year old woman? At that age they didn't need to shoot Mr Dermond that's if he was really shot. This tells me this was personal and there's no chance this was a robbery or extortion attempt gone bad. Now you behead an 88 year old man and i'm thoroughly convinced this was all about revenge

So SS says his timeline was between 4pm Friday to 4 pm Saturday the man on the lawn was spotted Saturday afternoon but he's not a suspect not sure how he can't be but lets say he was a landscaper or a contractor you'd think he would have gone to the door and noticed it unlocked

From the beginning, I have felt very confident in SS ability to solve this case. At this point in time, however, I am beginning to have doubts. His lack of communication is frustrating, but then again, he probably doesn’t have anything new to reveal. I’m still on his team, and feel as if the person or persons responsible, were known to Mr. and Mrs. Dermond. A random, extremely gruesome, murder of two elderly people, just doesn’t make sense to me.

IMHO

YEs hockey except we don't know the age of Marks children, according to ancestry.com, there were 2 and 2 ex wives

agree to a degree...…..the upstairs back door on upper deck to kitchen is the door unlocked, you can gain access from the ground level front thru screened porch...….would they go in there?but it was reported there are no landscapers or maids by the family IIRC, the cement guy was never contacted to repair drive

hell maybe that's a coverup too!! WTH knows anymore! crazy

for four years the public was still wondering about this man on the lawn, and now suddenly he's been interviewed (when, no one knows) and is not a suspect but we have no other information on him ..........nor do we know WHEN he was interviewed

Anyone wondering on that lawn and did not come forward willingly is a suspect IMO

but I don't think there was any man on the lawn

ANd I always wondered, how the people felt who allegedly reported a man on the lawn, after a beheading like that, wouldn't they be afraid for their own life that the perp may return and kill them too??
How did they know it was a man I keep saying...……

AND....the public was so afraid they didn't want to talk Remember?
agree to a degree...…..the upstairs back door on upper deck to kitchen is the door unlocked, you can gain access from the ground level front thru screened porch...….would they go in there?but it was reported there are no landscapers or maids by the family IIRC, the cement guy was never contacted to repair drive

hell maybe that's a coverup too!! WTH knows anymore! crazy

for four years the public was still wondering about this man on the lawn, and now suddenly he's been interviewed (when, no one knows) and is not a suspect but we have no other information on him ..........nor do we know WHEN he was interviewed

Anyone wondering on that lawn and did not come forward willingly is a suspect IMO

but I don't think there was any man on the lawn

From the beginning, I have felt very confident in SS ability to solve this case. At this point in time, however, I am beginning to have doubts. His lack of communication is frustrating, but then again, he probably doesn’t have anything new to reveal. I’m still on his team, and feel as if the person or persons responsible, were known to Mr. and Mrs. Dermond. A random, extremely gruesome, murder of two elderly people, just doesn’t make sense to me.

IMHO
I"ve lost all hope, there is something sinister going on but I agree, this is not random IMO either Wilde...
its sad the doctor son in law was the one to have to call brad and bear the news...BUT was sooo distraught he had to give this horrid task to his SON to tell his uncle because he was so incoherent he couldn't do the job....but the kid could

well, atleast ONE Putnam county resident, good good friend of SS, is in prison now, one SS did NOT think was guilty...…….was a member of GW, owned a lot in the Dermonds area....and he really really really like guns....shot his wife in the back...……….

and was the only resident we think that even gave to the Dermond's reward fund, bootsctr brought this to our attention years ago
well, atleast ONE Putnam county resident, good good friend of SS, is in prison now, one SS did NOT think was guilty...…….was a member of GW, owned a lot in the Dermonds area....and he really really really like guns....shot his wife in the back...……….

Article:
Over two years later, the police have no leads or suspects. There’s been some talk of a mystery man, but no information has ever been released on this.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Podcast:

Submitted by MichaelStone1 on Thu, 06/22/2017 - 11:34am

New podcast debuts with episodes on Lake Oconee murders

THE last time I remember the man on the lawn was in the podcast and SS went to great lengths to say no one could really see much thru the trees...……..nothing saying that he had interviewed him

IF THERE EVER WAS A MAN ON THE LAWN

Hmmmm, so SS’s record of solving all crimes is broken?! I am being sarcastic- had posted previously about SS’s attitude. Time to give this case to GBI to see if they can solve it.

Heck, SS isn’t getting any younger and if I were him, I would want this notorious double murder solved before I left this earth. I would feel I owed it to the family.

Hmmmm, so SS’s record of solving all crimes is broken?! I am being sarcastic- had posted previously about SS’s attitude. Time to give this case to GBI to see if they can solve it.

Heck, SS isn’t getting any younger and if I were him, I would want this notorious double murder solved before I left this earth. I would feel I owed it to the family.
Has been a very small town with no real crime....and my other point in this was that his own good friend and he cant even see what he was capable of...…….

hmmm, this was a reality check...……..he WONT/REFUSES/ to let GBI help.....FBI was involved only due to SD being allegedly kidnapped IIRC or he woundnt have called them in either

whats the REAL reason he wont call in GBI....they are good ole boys too and not sure I have much faith in them....grinstead case went unsolved for 10 years...may be too late now to connect the dots...…..hoping not but...……..why hold the case so close to your breast and not allow others to get involved?

That's unnatural IMO, haughty or protecting someone...…….

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member