NE NE - Jason Jolkowski, 19, Omaha, 13 June 2001 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
There could be more to this case than meets the eye. Perhaps Jason wasn’t the straitlaced student we thought he was? I haven’t found any evidence to support that, though.

I think he was targeted by an older neighbour who had a thing for him. I wish we could look more into this neighbour who moved away not long after Jason’s disappearance.

There could be more to this case than meets the eye. Perhaps Jason wasn’t the straitlaced student we thought he was? I haven’t found any evidence to support that, though.

I think he was targeted by an older neighbour who had a thing for him. I wish we could look more into this neighbour who moved away not long after Jason’s disappearance.
I got excited when I saw someone post on this thread again haha. Sadly, Jason's mom never got back to me regarding the moving neighbors angle. I wish there was a site that listed the owners' names and what years they resided in the house. WhitePages gives some names but doesn't specify when these people lived in the house

There is always hope that Jason is alive out there somewhere, but will continue to keep eyes open for unidentified persons.
Omaha teen missing for 15 years
Highlighted bm.
Omaha teen missing for 15 years
"Murphy says Jason’s vehicle was in the shop so he couldn’t use it to leave. He had about $60 on him at the time of his disappearance. He didn’t take money out of his savings account and took no clothing or personal items with him.

Murphy says, “Months went by, a year, two years, three years and nothing is different than day one except learn coping skills. It seems incredible that someone out there has the answers and we can’t find that person. That person isn’t coming forward and we know that person knows.”

Murphy is still in regular contact with Omaha police. Jason’s disappearance is listed as a homicide. Persons with information are urged to contact Omaha police or Crime Stoppers."

I got excited when I saw someone post on this thread again haha. Sadly, Jason's mom never got back to me regarding the moving neighbors angle. I wish there was a site that listed the owners' names and what years they resided in the house. WhitePages gives some names but doesn't specify when these people lived in the house

If they owned the house, wouldn’t the county assessor’s website have the info?

Perhaps we should step back and respect the privacy rights of individuals who happen to have lived in the neighborhood around the time.

As I've pointed out before, if an unsolved crime was committed in your neighborhood or to your co-worker, you would not want strangers making wild accusations or suggestions that you were involved with no evidence or motive whatsoever. Especially nearly two decades after the event.

The Constitutional and privacy rights of Jason's co-workers and neighbors must be respected. I have as much desire to see his case solved as anyone else here but such baseless witch hunts will only hurt our efforts. Those who knew Jason will never come forward with any memories or anything else which may help solve this case if they fear being targeted.

Perhaps we should step back and respect the privacy rights of individuals who happen to have lived in the neighborhood around the time.

As I've pointed out before, if an unsolved crime was committed in your neighborhood or to your co-worker, you would not want strangers making wild accusations or suggestions that you were involved with no evidence or motive whatsoever. Especially nearly two decades after the event.

The Constitutional and privacy rights of Jason's co-workers and neighbors must be respected. I have as much desire to see his case solved as anyone else here but such baseless witch hunts will only hurt our efforts. Those who knew Jason will never come forward with any memories or anything else which may help solve this case if they fear being targeted.

I hear what you're saying, but the problem is that even the guilty party isn't coming forward either. This case will likely never be solved, but having some starting points couldn't hurt. I would never put anyone on blast or accuse anyone with no prove, but something suspicious like moving right after the disappearance is worthy of being on a radar. There's someone out there who knows what happened, probably only one person in the entire world- and if there's anything someone can do to weed them out then why not.

Sorry I had to edit out the names again. Here is the comment thread I found
Very interesting and informative thank you for sharing and i hope he is telling the truth because his side of the story makes the most sense that means the suspicious neighbours and the co-workers in the restaurant may not have been involved. And it also makes sense how the pd interrogated the co-workers very hard and had no leads to it maybe they were innocent afterall and there was never a real motive as to why the restaurent or any of the workers wanted to get rid of him or harm him.

I google mapped this grocery store that the guy was talking about, it's a little bit in the opposite direction from Jason's destination, but he never said he was actually heading to the Grocery story itself, just near it. The area definitely looks very rough, the guy even referring to it as "the hood". I find it interesting that the man said Jason was wearing blue. I was reading up on Omaha's gang problems and various sites say that the 90's saw a huge spike in Blood and Crips activity in the area. The hotspots for each of those gangs weren't far from this area Jason was in. This is probably a HUGE stretch but I wonder if any Bloods saw him wearing blue and decided to mess with him. Or even if it wasn't actually gang related, a rough area like that would probably be a terrible place to wear nice looking jerseys in, so he could have just been a target either way.

17 years later, Omaha man still missing
17 years later, Omaha man still missing
by FOX 42

Wednesday, June 13th 2018

339b2de0-a278-4769-ab59-8f0463fe3ccf-large16x9_JOLKOWSKI.JPG

"Leads have long since dried up for the Omaha police.

In a new effort to bring the case back to light and encourage viable leads for police, the family worked with the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children to produce an age progression photo that shows what Jolkowski may look like today, at age 36.

This technology combines normal aging with images of Jolkowski at a younger age and also images of family members with similar features at the age Jolkowski would be today.

The family remains hopeful for answers in this case.

Visit missingkids.org for more information.

If you have any information that could help find, call Omaha police at 402-444-5818 or 402-444-5690 or call the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 800-843-5678 (1-800-The-Lost)."

WOWT Omaha News Facebook page posted a story for Jason's anniversary of being missing. I saw one comment thread from the post that I found interesting and I attached it here.

An interesting find but I'm sceptical. Why would Jason be headed in the opposite direction to the school? And this was seventeen years ago, this witness could very easily have the wrong day or even the wrong guy. But who knows? This case really does beggar belief.

An interesting find but I'm sceptical. Why would Jason be headed in the opposite direction to the school? And this was seventeen years ago, this witness could very easily have the wrong day or even the wrong guy. But who knows? This case really does beggar belief.

Oh totally possible he has the wrong day. But even if it was a different day, it does still establish that Jason may have visited rougher neighborhoods from time to time, and quite possibly often dressed in conspicuous clothing. Maybe some thugs recognized him or just saw him as an easy target. Even if any sort of commotion was caused, perhaps people in that part of town sort of learned to mind their own business and not get involved. The guy mentions him walking East on Bedford which definitely was on his route (as well as the street that Sam Sherman supposedly "disappeared" from). Maybe that's gang territory, maybe pervert territory or perhaps alien abduction territory. Either way it's just cool to hear SOMETHING new about this case.

I remember seeing a video clip of the police searching a house. Is there any way we can work out which house it was on Google Maps? The police must have had a good reason to search the premises, they wouldn't obtain search warrants without just cause.

There's no evidence that Jason was involved with drugs or gangs. The hit & abduction theory is popular but imo not realistic. Sure, it's possible. A lot of things are possible, but it's unlikely that someone would bundle an injured man into their vehicle in broad daylight in a residential area instead of simply driving away.

I think the neighbour is the key. A neighbour was one of the last witnesses to claim to have seen Jason, one of the neighbour's homes was searched by the cops, and his neighbour moved away not long after his disappearance. Hmm...

I remember seeing a video clip of the police searching a house. Is there any way we can work out which house it was on Google Maps? The police must have had a good reason to search the premises, they wouldn't obtain search warrants without just cause.

So you wanna hear something funny? I found this house that was seen being searched. Get this-- it was the Ariel Castro's house in Cleveland where Amanda Berry and the other girls were being held. Yup, Omaha News used the wrong footage. I've attached screenshots from the J.J missing video and a CNN video regarding the Ariel Castro case. Side-by-side you can see it's definitely the same house. This leads me to believe that people in Omaha just might not be very bright. I've also attached the links to the two videos in this post if you want to see for yourself.

--- JJ

---- Ariel Castro

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-06-21 at 8.19.09 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-06-21 at 8.19.09 AM.png
    367.6 KB · Views: 12
  • Screen Shot 2018-06-21 at 8.19.22 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-06-21 at 8.19.22 AM.png
    382.5 KB · Views: 12
So you wanna hear something funny? I found this house that was seen being searched. Get this-- it was the Ariel Castro's house in Cleveland where Amanda Berry and the other girls were being held. Yup, Omaha News used the wrong footage. I've attached screenshots from the J.J missing video and a CNN video regarding the Ariel Castro case. Side-by-side you can see it's definitely the same house. This leads me to believe that people in Omaha just might not be very bright. I've also attached the links to the two videos in this post if you want to see for yourself.

--- JJ

---- Ariel Castro
Great catch!

So you wanna hear something funny? I found this house that was seen being searched. Get this-- it was the Ariel Castro's house in Cleveland where Amanda Berry and the other girls were being held. Yup, Omaha News used the wrong footage. I've attached screenshots from the J.J missing video and a CNN video regarding the Ariel Castro case. Side-by-side you can see it's definitely the same house. This leads me to believe that people in Omaha just might not be very bright. I've also attached the links to the two videos in this post if you want to see for yourself

Haha great find! What a bunch of schmucks.

Does this mean a house was never searched in JJ's case?

Haha great find! What a bunch of schmucks.

Does this mean a house was never searched in JJ's case?

According to Kelly from a much earlier post in this forum, a neighbor's house was definitely searched. Just probably without any video evidence. I see that she has been on Facebook and decided to ignore my message to her-disheartening, but I suppose she has her reasons.
I still think there's some slight relevance to what that guy on that Facebook thread said about him being on Bedford Ave supposedly that day. That street was the longest one on his route, and where he would have spent the most time, so I can't help but think if it was someone local then it was someone on Bedford. Or that least SOMETHING happened on Bedford that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member