UNSOLVED Oh - Pike County: 8 People From One Family Dead As Police Hunt For Killer(s) #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is he a powerful person who could be running the town? Corruption may be at the upper levels. You can arrest and jail all the ne'er do wells at the bottom, but as long as corrupt people remain in power, they'll always find new killers to do their dirty work.
That’s what I’m saying. He’s not powerful. BUT that doesn’t mean he’s not someone’s puppet. Or that he’s not linked to the W’s.

Yes, Leonard seems to be doing the best he can right now. Like the others, he's had to deal with so much pain and stress, while being there for his surviving family members. Also interesting the author got to talk briefly to JM. I also liked his conversation with Hannah Gilley's mom. These people have been through so much and still have a lot of stress, pain and probably some fear in their lives. I found her remark interesting about looking at who is running the town. Who is running the town? Piketon seems to have a small-time mayor. He doesn't seem like a bigwig, organized crime type of guy. Is someone else calling the shots locally?

ETA: There wasn't much new info revealed or at least not much that could reveal the killers or the nature of the current LE investigation. But I do hope those who talked to the reporter/writer are not in danger for having done so. I'm amazed they got any of them to talk at all.

I found it interesting that the one man speaking, in the above article, was questioned about making silencers with his friend. Could this mean silencers were used?
I would love to know who is running that town!

I found it interesting that the one man speaking, in the above article, was questioned about making silencers with his friend. Could this mean silencers were used?
I would love to know who is running that town!
I come from a small coal mining town and preference has always been given to the people with money. Ex. trying to get a pfa I had to go to three different judges because his father was involved in politics, that's another power.

How would they be connected to the W family? It's a theory worth considering, but the W's have to be linked somehow.

Hypothetically, someone could have had a reason to want someone gone, for example, custody issues, jealously over a former girlfriend’s new boyfriend, being double crossed on a drug deal, thinking someone owes someone else money, etc. The person who was offended in this hypothetical scenario could have mentioned to some bad guys that a large amount of cash was being stashed in a residence or residences. Possibly could have passed on other important information such as the times of day that various family members could be likely to be sleeping, working, etc. How to gain entry to the home.

In this hypothetical scenario it could have been strongly stated that no matter what any children present were not to be harmed.

In this hypothetical theory the murders could have actually been committed during an attempted robbery of the rumored large amounts of cash.

A good theory.

When considering all the different scenarios I keep coming back to the fact that the children were left unharmed.

Out of all the theories and scenarios that have been discussed, which involves cold blooded killers who would ensure that the babies weren’t harmed?
I’d also add...these murderers waited until a baby was born before they killed the family. I don’t know for a fact they waited, but I do believe that do be true. A Thursday evening is a random time to kill 8 people in 4 locations. It seems like a Sunday night would have offered security to the killers that everyone would be home to start the upcoming week Monday morning. BUT HMR was in the hospital on Sunday 4/17/16. JMO. Also, these murders took place hours before S was to be returned home. Too many coincidences across the board.

Is anybody here in Pike County.If so is the feeling around the community as hateful toward the Rhodens as the Topix forum.I stumbled on that looking on info for the Pike County Fair was thinking of making a road trip.There are post that are disgusting and rude for anybody let alone a murder victim

Yes, Leonard seems to be doing the best he can right now. Like the others, he's had to deal with so much pain and stress, while being there for his surviving family members. Also interesting the author got to talk briefly to JM. I also liked his conversation with Hannah Gilley's mom. These people have been through so much and still have a lot of stress, pain and probably some fear in their lives. I found her remark interesting about looking at who is running the town. Who is running the town? Piketon seems to have a small-time mayor. He doesn't seem like a bigwig, organized crime type of guy. Is someone else calling the shots locally?

ETA: There wasn't much new info revealed or at least not much that could reveal the killers or the nature of the current LE investigation. But I do hope those who talked to the reporter/writer are not in danger for having done so. I'm amazed they got any of them to talk at all.

All small towns have a few families who have their fingers in the town. Some of them look and act the part, others, you'd never guess.

Is anybody here in Pike County.If so is the feeling around the community as hateful toward the Rhodens as the Topix forum.I stumbled on that looking on info for the Pike County Fair was thinking of making a road trip.There are post that are disgusting and rude for anybody let alone a murder victim

That forum is a cesspool. JMO, it doesn't reflect the opinions of the locals, just a few internet trolls. There's a reason why mention of it here at WS has always been banned. The poor quality of those fora is consistent across all criminal cases in the news, not just the Rhoden murders.

Last edited:
That forum is a cesspool. JMO, it doesn't reflect the opinions of the locals, just a few internet trolls. There's a reason why mention of it here at WS has always been banned. The poor quality of those fora is consistent across all criminal cases in the news, not just the Rhoden murders.

I agree. Some comments are highly offensive and most contain sexual innuendo. I stopped reading it long ago simply due to this old lady being offended. I don’t understand why people have to stoop so low to write things like that perhaps it’s simply the mental capacity or obsessions of the authors. Reflective of their upbringing. It however does not reflect their economic situation. I have friends who don’t have a dime, don’t care about it a bit and are brilliant scholars. And some who are wealthy but as dumb as rocks.

I’d also add...these murderers waited until a baby was born before they killed the family. I don’t know for a fact they waited, but I do believe that do be true. A Thursday evening is a random time to kill 8 people in 4 locations. It seems like a Sunday night would have offered security to the killers that everyone would be home to start the upcoming week Monday morning. BUT HMR was in the hospital on Sunday 4/17/16. JMO. Also, these murders took place hours before S was to be returned home. Too many coincidences across the board.

BBM

I think their religious beliefs prevented them from killing innocent children. Too bad that didn't extend to CR2, HR, HHG and FR.

JMO

I agree. Some comments are highly offensive and most contain sexual innuendo. I stopped reading it long ago simply due to this old lady being offended. I don’t understand why people have to stoop so low to write things like that perhaps it’s simply the mental capacity or obsessions of the authors. Reflective of their upbringing. It however does not reflect their economic situation. I have friends who don’t have a dime, don’t care about it a bit and are brilliant scholars. And some who are wealthy but as dumb as rocks.

Fora there and elsewhere related to the Rhoden family murders are very bad, but there have been some even worse. Some have even resulted in forums here being closed temporarily, for extended periods, a few permanently when the rumors, etc. migrate. So it's best to be vigilant. Things can go downhill surprisingly fast if it starts leaking in here. That's why a lot of us try to pay close attention. We don't want this thread closed and have done a pretty good job of keeping it going.

BBM

I think their religious beliefs prevented them from killing innocent children. Too bad that didn't extend to CR2, HR, HHG and FR.

JMO
I agree. And when I look at those 4, I see kids as well. They may have been legal adults but they were just babies themselves, not even really started in life yet. Don’t get me wrong, my heart breaks for everyone murdered. It just hurts a little deeper when I think about those kids being so young and never getting a chance to truly live.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa