Found Deceased CA - Eric Zentner, 38, Meyers, 11 Nov 2017

Dalagali

Reaction score
Eric Zentner was reported missing on November 15 after leaving his uncle's home in Meyers on November 11.

Sergeant Anthony Prencipe says Zentner's vehicle was located at the Lake Tahoe Airport on November 18.

Sheriff's search and rescue teams conducted an extensive search of the area, but were unable to locate the 38-year-old.

Police say that Zentner is known to be an avid outdoors man, pilot, and diver.

He is described as a white male adults, approximately 5-feet-10-inches tall, weighing 190 pounds. He has short brown hair, brown eyes, and a full beard.

Zentner has family is Ashland, Oregon, and previously resided in Juneau and Fairbanks, Alaska.

Anyone with information on Zentner's whereabouts is asked to contact Detective Damian Frisby at 530-573-3022.

http://mynews4.com/news/local/police-search-for-missing-38-year-old-south-lake-tahoe-man

http://static-20.sinclairstoryline....large16x9_ericzenterbigger.jpeg?1513202768937

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://amp.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article189630829.html
dcff94329f235efddd0aa560254b4ff7.jpg

The funeral happened back in November, so his body was found quickly, thankfully.

On a personal level, I wonder what happened to him. The prior articles when he was a missing person state only that his car was found at the Tahoe airport, and we see a photo of him posing with a (very small) light aircraft. Did he take his plane out and did something go wrong, causing a crash? Or did something completely different happen, such as foul play? Poor guy. We'll likely never know, but at least his family wasn't left hanging in agony, not knowing for months or years.

The funeral happened back in November, so his body was found quickly, thankfully.
The obituary tells the funeral will take place in November and has been published just last weeks. I assume he was or found or identified more recently, in Dec 2017 he was still missing as posted above in sheriff link.

However i wonder where or how he was found...

On a personal level, I wonder what happened to him. The prior articles when he was a missing person state only that his car was found at the Tahoe airport, and we see a photo of him posing with a (very small) light aircraft. Did he take his plane out and did something go wrong, causing a crash? Or did something completely different happen, such as foul play? Poor guy. We'll likely never know, but at least his family wasn't left hanging in agony, not knowing for months or years.
I noted this in the obituary-

Eric was lost while hiking in the Sierra Mountains, yet without a doubt we know his spirit now soars.
BBM

It seems the family chose to use 2017, last contact as his date of death and not the date he was found.
(We did that with our son)
His death certificate will have the date found.
It does mess a little with those tracing genealogy.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmdigital
Back