ID - DeOrr Kunz, Jr., 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for coming over to the thread, Wyome, fresh eyes are always good. I think they are drinkers, stoners AND liars, but I fear they're getting away with it....
Agree. I think the searches didn't find him in that area is because he was never there. Killed at home and dropped off somewhere along the way or another family member who was not there, disposed of him in the other direction.

I watched the People Magazine Investigates show on ID last night about this case. I wanted it all laid out in a straight line in an easy format. (It was late!) I have never had a firm opinion one way or the other on who or when baby Deorr disappeared.
My thoughts: Grandpa is clueless due to his severe lung problems. I am an RN and when you are always struggling to maintain a liveable O2 level, your level of awareness is very poor. You can fall asleep while talking, your memories are blank. You are very in the moment.
I believe DeOrr's parents gave him something to sleep that night so he would sleep hard, as the family (3) slept in a vehicle together. What the parents were doing is unknown, but they probably didn't want the baby to wake up. The next morning, baby DeOrr is dead. That's where all the weird stories about who cooked and did what started. I think the parents left the body in the car, made an appearance at breakfast, and left for the store for what they said they needed.
On the show, the police said the family spent an inordinate amount of time in Leadore, a town with about 25 homes. I think during this time, the body was dropped off around Leadore or within reasonable driving distance to get them back to the camp.
Knowing Grandpa as Jessica did, they played that Grandpa had seen him and was watching him. (Grandpa has no clue, bless his heart.) They fished for a while as planned, then one by one went back to raise the alarm and start the search.
Baby DeOrr was not found in the camping area/state park area because he was disposed of outside Leadore somewhere.
FWIW, that's my take.

I watched the People Magazine Investigates show on ID last night about this case. I wanted it all laid out in a straight line in an easy format. (It was late!) I have never had a firm opinion one way or the other on who or when baby Deorr disappeared.
My thoughts: Grandpa is clueless due to his severe lung problems. I am an RN and when you are always struggling to maintain a liveable O2 level, your level of awareness is very poor. You can fall asleep while talking, your memories are blank. You are very in the moment.
I believe DeOrr's parents gave him something to sleep that night so he would sleep hard, as the family (3) slept in a vehicle together. What the parents were doing is unknown, but they probably didn't want the baby to wake up. The next morning, baby DeOrr is dead. That's where all the weird stories about who cooked and did what started. I think the parents left the body in the car, made an appearance at breakfast, and left for the store for what they said they needed.
On the show, the police said the family spent an inordinate amount of time in Leadore, a town with about 25 homes. I think during this time, the body was dropped off around Leadore or within reasonable driving distance to get them back to the camp.
Knowing Grandpa as Jessica did, they played that Grandpa had seen him and was watching him. (Grandpa has no clue, bless his heart.) They fished for a while as planned, then one by one went back to raise the alarm and start the search.
Baby DeOrr was not found in the camping area/state park area because he was disposed of outside Leadore somewhere.
FWIW, that's my take.

I’ve thought something like this as well, much like I believe Casey did to baby Cayley. Well, I suspect she may have purposely killed her out of anger, jealousy and spite toward her mother, but ...... To stay on track, I think this is a valid theory. IMO

My personal opinion is drinkers, stoners and flat out liars. All of them. Grandma included.

There is lots of great info in the thread. So much I have forgotten I'm sure. Later threads will be better after Klein got a hold of the case and interviewed everyone. The different stories are just astounding.

I too wish that David Marshburn would come have a chat with some of those people. He has a gift.

I live about 3 hours away and for so long I wanted to take a weekend and just go see the area. Life got in the way and then once Klein started releasing info I decided there was probably nothing to see. That precious little boy is either buried and hidden deep in that wilderness or was never there at all. Bless his wee little heart. He didn't deserve to be born into that family.

Had to re-read a bit on the case and so agree with you 100% and then some more.

That poor little boy's "parents" are in the no good category, I do think they are responsible for his being missing and most likely dead, it is only a matter of time for LE to find this poor child's remains if the right investigator takes the reins.

And just looking at the photos of little Deorr. What sort of monster does this to an adorable little boy? It just makes me very angry.

I don't doubt for one second the "parents" know exactly where he is. I hope their conscience catches up with them someday soon.

I quit checking in daily a long time ago. I don't even remember any of the 'facts'. I'm not sure if Deorr was even at the camping site. It's too many liars that lie, too many drug addicts that are liars that like to lie, and too many parents that are drug addicts that are liars that like to lie. And that is how complicated this case got, and my mind couldn't keep up and separate facts from fiction.

I agree, a 2 year old isn't going to be able to walk in that kind hilly, rocky grassy area. If he was there alive and wondered off he would have been found.
Well, that little girl named Charlee was just found after 2 days, and she was in very steep terrain and many searchers all missed her. She is alive. But apparently no one heard her crying, walking around, etc. There was another case a few years ago where a child was lost in a national forest, and despite very little clothing for the cold temps, also survived days. So in my head, it's possible a child could walk away, not be crying, screaming, making noise, not be found.... but how probable? I just don't know.

Well, that little girl named Charlee was just found after 2 days, and she was in very steep terrain and many searchers all missed her. She is alive. But apparently no one heard her crying, walking around, etc. There was another case a few years ago where a child was lost in a national forest, and despite very little clothing for the cold temps, also survived days. So in my head, it's possible a child could walk away, not be crying, screaming, making noise, not be found.... but how probable? I just don't know.

I have little doubt a small child CAN go further than searchers give credit for, and navigate in worse terrain. I would believe DeOrr could have, except for all the lies. Those lies make all of them look guilty and if not guilty, why lie?

misty48 said:
"Klein was employed to find young Deorr. What, exactly, did he do that was any different to what LE had already done? Obviously, I can’t answer that since I don’t know what LE did during their investigation. One thing that’s different is Klein was able to share a lot of what he discovered with the public, and from what I recall at least some of what he shared was confirmed by LE."

Not necessarily about Deorr and mean no disrespect to the wonderful work Mr Klein has done and I may be wrong if so I apologize but I find it strange all the missing he's investigated he never "stumbled" upon or discussed the huge child trafficking networks that have and currently run rampant for years? :confused:

CoverMeCagney
You're totally not the only one. First I have heard of a dog is today!
Why has this nugget of information not been discussed ad nauseum in previous threads?!
I find this odd as well and that other than the 4 named suspects the other 4 campers present (upper campground) have not been analyzed ad nauseum or at least been discussed. :confused:

MaryG12 said:
That poor little boy's "parents" are in the no good category, I do think they are responsible for his being missing and most likely dead, it is only a matter of time for LE to find this poor child's remains if the right investigator takes the reins.

Maybe the "right" investigator would be David Marsh...(?)... - the guy who found Lucas Hernandez. Sorry - I can't remember the end of his last name.... :(
I'm wondering "how" he picks the cases he goes to? Word of mouth? People calling him up?

Maybe the "right" investigator would be David Marsh...(?)... - the guy who found Lucas Hernandez. Sorry - I can't remember the end of his last name.... :(
I'm wondering "how" he picks the cases he goes to? Word of mouth? People calling him up?
David Marshburn. Lucas Hernandez’ grandmother called him, and he requested to speak to one of the parents. Lucas’ dad talked with him and requested him to find Lucas. I can’t see either of Deorr’s parents speaking with him. MOO

David Marshburn. Lucas Hernandez’ grandmother called him, and he requested to speak to one of the parents. Lucas’ dad talked with him and requested him to find Lucas. I can’t see either of Deorr’s parents speaking with him. MOO

I absolutely agree, they would never do that, and obviously their families are also not interested in the truth. Heartbreaking, that cute little guy is still somewhere out there, disposed of like garbage :( . I still don't get it that there are no charges against the parents though. They changed their stories in every interview, lied all the time, failed polygraphs....
I get angry that they got away with this :mad:

Little DeOrr, we will always remember you.

I still believe this case will "crack" somehow. Too much of a heavy burden on those who know. At least I hope with all of my heart this happens.

I have been hoping for someone to crack too. I really thought that Vernal would be the one to give it all up. He talks a lot and doesn’t really say anything useful, but I sensed more emotion and guilt coming from him. Jessica, to me, is a hard case. I know I shouldn’t judge since I don’t know many of the facts, but I still can’t get over her getting married a few months after DeOrr went missing. Was DeOrr in her way? She changed her name to Anderson, and then back to Mitchell shortly afterwards. The marriage didn’t last long.
I counted on Jessica’s mother to step up. I’m still convinced she knows.
I hope I’m not headed for trouble here, but does anyone remember it being posted that there was a judgement against Jessica for several thousand dollars. I remember looking it up online and read that at some point it was either canceled or paid. If it was canceled, why? If it was paid, how? That was one of my WTH? moments. It was under another name that she used but same date of birth, same state.
I think I’d better stop. With so many threads, there’s no way that I know of to bring anything forward or find links. I’ve been here since DeOrr was lost. I hope I haven’t violated any TOS. There are just so many unanswered questions and conflicting stories.

Last edited:
Hi Jackeee,

I distinctly remember thinking the same thing when Jessica's mother was interviewed. The grief she was feeling over the loss of DeOrr seemed the most genuine of the bunch of them.

That's a heavy load to bear, especially when a 30 second anonymous call could bring DeOrr home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail