Found Deceased CANADA - Ben Kilmer, 41, Cowichan, 16 May 2018

I agree, it has an Orwellian feel, however I wonder if your opinion might change if you had a child disappear? jmo

My son was missing for 5 hours due to MVA - longest 5 hours ever. Words cannot describe the mental anguish. How do family members of missing persons cope after 5 days, 5 weeks, 5 months, 5 years?

I’m trying to hold hope for Ben. But the time is getting long. Over a month is a long time to hear nothing. Well nothing publicly.

LE still haven’t said suspicious, as they did for dan and Ryan. But I still feel they know more and are keeping quiet either to watch someone without them knowing and making a mistake much easier. They did lay off the LE search pretty quickly in my opinion.

I have wondered if the van was planted there. Maybe it wasn’t even Ben who drove it there. There was plenty of time between when he was last seen and the van being found. I noticed all searched have been in the direction the van is facing. Maybe he’s in the opposite direction. Who knows at this point.

My wife and I were up there on the weekend and I was going to film the area but decided against that until search is over. My big problem is that I am not sure why the van was parked there it is only minutes from town and Stones Contracting where he apparently dropped off keys. Not sure either why they were searching Skutz Falls which is 15-20 km away from area. Area where truck was parked and running is not secluded there are homes and a lot of traffic on road. Very puzzling but we are staying with the story. Bodies were found in Ucluelet too on Friday, may be missing men that brought boat from Panama. 3 men, same day go missing. I don't believe in coincidence. Too strange. We will see how this goes in the next few days when LE says something.

My wife and I were up there on the weekend and I was going to film the area but decided against that until search is over. My big problem is that I am not sure why the van was parked there it is only minutes from town and Stones Contracting where he apparently dropped off keys. Not sure either why they were searching Skutz Falls which is 15-20 km away from area. Area where truck was parked and running is not secluded there are homes and a lot of traffic on road. Very puzzling but we are staying with the story. Bodies were found in Ucluelet too on Friday, may be missing men that brought boat from Panama. 3 men, same day go missing. I don't believe in coincidence. Too strange. We will see how this goes in the next few days when LE says something.

From what I’ve read they had contact with a psychic who described an area that looked like skutz falls terrain and have found some footprints there. It is a special place to the Kilmer family from hiking together there to a proposal I believe.

I wonder how many husbands would agree to be imbedded with a gps tracking device by their wives?

Most people consider it sufficient to carry a cell phone. He left his cellphone behind.
His cellphone was smashed..........and bloodied..............I heard that signals for cell phones are random in this area...........perhaps he smashed his own phone when he needed it to.........as something was happening to him.....

There is a lot of misinformation out there and no-one has officially said it was smashed. It can be anything from a cracked screen to totally smashed to totally wiped clean - there are all kinds of things going on with this situation now. There has hardly been any info coming out by LE just people talking and the story gets bigger more exaggerated I think. I still think he didn't park the van there but again that is just my opinion it seem weird to just park there and leave it running unless someone picked him up there, but to leave it running does not make any sense. Someone was in a hurry. There are also 2 other people that went missing the same day 2 hours away. And just last week 2 bodies were found. Again no one is saying anything-officially. LE is still being quiet about it. They are expecting autopsy results by end of week but there are a lot of things being said about both mysteries now. Could be connected. Maybe not. There is nothing being officially stated - a lot of conjecture. That is why I am here, perhaps someone really knows something and will talk. Chances are these both go cold and we are left with more missing person mysteries on Vancouver Island. I feel for the families they are so distraught and there are a lot of unanswered questions.

Last edited:
I was actually contemplating doing a short documentary a few months ago for a girl that went missing in 2001, I am still doing research on that and then this all happened. I mean there have been a lot of missing since 2001 just on the island never mind all of BC but I am focused on the island because I live here. We will see but these are all very strange cases. Some you can kind of figure out and come to some kind of conclusion though. Others are very strange.

I was actually contemplating doing a short documentary a few months ago for a girl that went missing in 2001, I am still doing research on that and then this all happened. I mean there have been a lot of missing since 2001 just on the island never mind all of BC but I am focused on the island because I live here. We will see but these are all very strange cases. Some you can kind of figure out and come to some kind of conclusion though. Others are very strange.

OT - are you talking about Jesokah Adkens? She has a very short thread here, I just bumped it so it should be near the top of the new posts.

His cellphone was smashed..........and bloodied..............I heard that signals for cell phones are random in this area...........perhaps he smashed his own phone when he needed it to.........as something was happening to him.....

The news reports mention a damaged phone and an amount of blood in the van. Nothing about the phone being bloodied. Both of those things may be relevant, or not. I'm an electrician and I routinely crack my phones on job sites by putting them in pockets, sitting on them or dropping them from very high up. The damaged phone in of itself is not necessarily an indication of something sinister. As for the blood, I've been guilty of slicing myself at work and then applying an electrician's bandaid (electrical tape). Blood could have leaked out and may not be connected to his disappearance. Of course the phone and blood could be connected to the disappearance after all. But both those "clues" aren't "smoking guns" in of themselves.

The only thoughts I have here is that he didn't just wander off and got lost. He either disappeared voluntarily or was made to disappear by someone else. I live not too far from there and ride my motorcycle on that road quite frequently. It's basically farm country with people's front yards/acreages lining the road. Not a place where you would pull over and go for a walk while leaving your vehicle running.

The news reports mention a damaged phone and an amount of blood in the van. Nothing about the phone being bloodied. Both of those things may be relevant, or not. I'm an electrician and I routinely crack my phones on job sites by putting them in pockets, sitting on them or dropping them from very high up. The damaged phone in of itself is not necessarily an indication of something sinister. As for the blood, I've been guilty of slicing myself at work and then applying an electrician's bandaid (electrical tape). Blood could have leaked out and may not be connected to his disappearance. Of course the phone and blood could be connected to the disappearance after all. But both those "clues" aren't "smoking guns" in of themselves.

The only thoughts I have here is that he didn't just wander off and got lost. He either disappeared voluntarily or was made to disappear by someone else. I live not too far from there and ride my motorcycle on that road quite frequently. It's basically farm country with people's front yards/acreages lining the road. Not a place where you would pull over and go for a walk while leaving your vehicle running.

I agree, I don't believe he left of free will.
There was footage of him that some speculated was blood on his face, and also was said perhaps potentially came from the phone ... did anyone else read this this?

I agree, I don't believe he left of free will.
There was footage of him that some speculated was blood on his face, and also was said perhaps potentially came from the phone ... did anyone else read this this?

I did read that and i saw the photo they were referring to. Frankly, I couldn't tell if there was something on his face or if it was a shadow.
I am never good at seeing things in photos

There is a lot of misinformation out there and no-one has officially said it was smashed. It can be anything from a cracked screen to totally smashed to totally wiped clean - there are all kinds of things going on with this situation now. There has hardly been any info coming out by LE just people talking and the story gets bigger more exaggerated I think. I still think he didn't park the van there but again that is just my opinion it seem weird to just park there and leave it running unless someone picked him up there, but to leave it running does not make any sense. Someone was in a hurry. There are also 2 other people that went missing the same day 2 hours away. And just last week 2 bodies were found. Again no one is saying anything-officially. LE is still being quiet about it. They are expecting autopsy results by end of week but there are a lot of things being said about both mysteries now. Could be connected. Maybe not. There is nothing being officially stated - a lot of conjecture. That is why I am here, perhaps someone really knows something and will talk. Chances are these both go cold and we are left with more missing person mysteries on Vancouver Island. I feel for the families they are so distraught and there are a lot of unanswered questions.
I wonder if it was an preplanned, organized setup to get BK to stop and exit his vehicle, with the purpose of then being grabbed and taken? If he was known to likely travel a certain route (or if there was only one choice of a route based on where he was at the time/that day?).. someone planted a dead animal in the road, or a half dead animal.. knowing he'd get out to try to help? Or a person perhaps lying in the road, he stopped to help.. then another vehicle shows up and grabs him? Or facilitate a setup whereby a human appears out of nowhere on the road making BK almost hit that person? Or a human in the road appearing to be in need of some kind of assistance, waving him down? What other reasons could get someone to stop in the road that fast, and not shut their door or turn their vehicle off first?

My son was missing for 5 hours due to MVA - longest 5 hours ever. Words cannot describe the mental anguish. How do family members of missing persons cope after 5 days, 5 weeks, 5 months, 5 years?

Dear Cpeacock1,

Your words went straight to my heart.

Those 5 hours must have felt like an eternity.

I have no idea how people cope. Perhaps leaning on one another, especially during very difficult times. Faith, hope and knowing that their loved one's light shines brightly in their hearts.

But still, there have to be unbelievably hard days. So hard.

My heart goes out to all of them.

Dear Scrabblebiker,

Thank you for your insightful and informative post.

Sharing your knowledge of the area is so appreciated!

I have a clearer picture in my mind of the area. Thanks so much!

I stepped away briefly from this thread. I'm so disappointed that there is absolutely nothing new. It's like this case has fallen off the face of the earth.

Nothing in the news. Nothing from LE.
Where is Ben? What is going on behind the scenes?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SAGEWITHRAGE
Back