Mexico Mexico - Homeless American man in Mexico; does not remember his name

For me, the least likely theory.

1) The hole in his throat from a trach. It's a very distinctive sign on a warrant for search. I know that police are not always finding criminals, but hiding as a criminal with such a scar, much easier said than done !! The police would had already found him if he were a criminal with such an unusual scar. I mean, having had a trach is not as usual as, let say, a surgery for appendicitis.

2) The black eyes. Being beaten can leave brain damage to the extent of not remembering your ID.

3) I would not put as much faith as you about his refusal to go to the consulate. Someone with memory impairment can be so afraid of leaving anything familiar to them that they don't want go to the consulate for going back home.
It's irrational for a "normal" person, so we can easily interpret it as "implies being a criminal". But someone with brain injury don't react the same way as typical people with emotions.

4) The memory issue makes more sense with his tracheostomy scar. You get a trach for being unable to breathe, implying a history of staying in ICU. Meaning the lack of oxygen from this medical event can lead to brain injury, therefore, memory issues.

5) Mental illness often go hand in hand with brain injury.

Thanks Giuco for your well-known analysises. The first thing I noticed; black eye and the scar. Also very strange white fingernails and if you ask me he has very bad teeth. (no judgment meant here, just observing) I looked at so many post-mortem pics and that is not nice at all, but seeing a living person suffering....that gets to me even more. But for all we know he can be homeless by choice.

Last edited:
Thanks Giuco for your well-known analysises. The first thing I noticed; black eye and the scar. Also very strange white fingernails and if you ask me he has very bad teeth. (no judgment meant here, just observing) I looked at so many post-mortem pics and that is not nice at all, but seeing a living person suffering....that gets to me even more. But for all we know he can be homeless by choice.

bbm White fingernails can be genetic or if they appear later in life can point to chronic liver disease.

Bad teeth could be from living on the road for too long, also from (possibly former) drug use.

I saw the video of someone approaching him but couldn't really see his teeth. How can you tell? You got a good eye! For the most part he looks relatively healthy, a bit underweight and dirty. In fact, I believe he is quite a handsome guy behind all the filth. I can't help but think that perhaps he has not been homeless for a long time or he goes to a shelter of some sort. If only we knew!

bbm White fingernails can be genetic or if they appear later in life can point to chronic liver disease.

Bad teeth could be from living on the road for too long, also from (possibly former) drug use.

That def a possibility. Poor guy! Although it doesn't sound like he wants to be helped either.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back