CT - Eden Claxton, 74, murdered, at home, Stuns Quiet Stamford Neighborhood, July 2018 *Arrest*

Long shot but is it possible that he is suffering from some type of mental illness, i.e. Alzheimer’s or dementia? Could explain why he’s not in custody and being treated with kid gloves by LE.
I don't think that's out of the realm of possibility but.....if I was a next door neighbor, I'd be a tad skittish.

Husband, 75, arrested after 'stabbing wife to death in botched murder suicide' | Daily Mail Online

Claxton was arrested with one count of murder and posted $150,000 in cash as bond afterwards. He will return to court to be arraigned on Friday.

Too cowardly to kill himself, but was fine with murdering his wife who maybe loved him and didn't even see this coming ??
I'd say that hopefully it went fast... but a stabbing and cutting of the throat has to be a heinous way to go.
Basically just bleeding out.
Monstrous.
Horrifying.

Rest in peace, Eden !

Husband, 75, arrested after 'stabbing wife to death in botched murder suicide' | Daily Mail Online

Claxton was arrested with one count of murder and posted $150,000 in cash as bond afterwards. He will return to court to be arraigned on Friday.

Too cowardly to kill himself, but was fine with murdering his wife who maybe loved him and didn't even see this coming ??
I'd say that hopefully it went fast... but a stabbing and cutting of the throat has to be a heinous way to go.
Basically just bleeding out.
Monstrous.
Horrifying.

Rest in peace, Eden !

So if LE suspected that from the beginning, why didn't they arrest him immediately? Why is he allowed to go home even after his confession? I wouldn't like to be one of his neighbours...:confused:
ETA that poor woman...

Last edited:
So if LE suspected that from the beginning, why didn't they arrest him immediately? Why is he allowed to go home even after his confession? I wouldn't like to be one of his neighbours...:confused:
ETA that poor woman...

He confessed?

I have a feeling I got the whole article wrong...didn't they state that he turned himself in? Doesn't that mean that you are ready to confess to a crime? (Sorry, english is not my native language...)

No, it just means the police don't go arrest you--you turn yourself in.

I searched around and found this:

His attorney says he will plead not guilty and will ask to be tried by a jury.

Stamford man charged with killing wife in botched murder-suicide

I wonder if she was suffering with some type of fatal illness? Perhaps they discussed murder/suicide, but he just chickened out and decided he could live without her after all. Possible defense...she asked me to do it (defense in HIS mind). Just trying to understand here. I wonder if there was a note anywhere?

His attorney says he will plead not guilty and will ask to be tried by a jury.

Stamford man charged with killing wife in botched murder-suicide

From the link above:

"His arrest warrant lists notebooks found with research on suicide and murder, along with emails Allen Claxton sent to himself showing his slide toward that decision.

"In them, he writes about his fear of going broke and concerns over the couple's financial situation...Police say financial records showed the couple had a brokerage account with $4.5 million and a home in England they were selling." Not to mention their million dollar home in Stamford.

I'll be interested to follow this case in terms of assessments about his mental health, and the mind state of someone (it's usually men I notice) who talks himself into murder-suicide of his family.

(Trying to delete this post since I replied with speculation that has been proved to be wrong according to more recent news. Can’t find the delete button!)

Last edited:
She had been receiving treatment for breast cancer and was scheduled for surgery 2 weeks after her death.
He said in one of the emails to himself- all he did everyday was
write checks to pay bills.
Sounds like he was consumed with money, probably was a
workaholic when younger and resented having to pay it out
for services while retired.
Haven't seen anything about her wanting to die or if they had
a murder-suicide agreement.
IME these men are tired of taking care of an ill wife and resent
that the wives can no longer dote on them. Selfish old men.

So he puts up $150,000 cash to bail himself out- had 1.5 million
bond set- now he's free to do whatever- til his case finally goes
to trial.
Hope he doesn't get off to live out his life in his million dollar home and sit and count his money everyday. Poor woman.

Stamford man arraigned for wife’s murder

Back in court July 19th.

Thursday, July 19th:
*Prelim Hearing (@ ET) – CT – Eden Claxton (64) (June 11, 2018) – Allen Claxton (75) – arrested & charged (6/28/18) & arraigned (6/30/18) with 1 count of murder.
Plead not guilty. $1.5M bond; posted $150K bond & released. A botched murder/suicide; he voluntarily surrendered.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back