GUILTY SC - HT, 4, Johns Island, 13 Feb 2018 *Arrest*

“Evans's attorney entered a not guilty plea on his behalf on the three federal charges. The attorney also asked for a jury trial in the case.”

Does he really think a jury is going to let him off!?! Several news reports stated he confessed to the police. My heart hurts for this sweet family.

http://m.live5news.com/live5news/db_330614/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=ZQSPD1pd

Cross posted. I've come to the opinion that Psychopaths do this to make more trauma, and or the only way out of it is through an error and getting an appeal. Because the evidence is so strong.

“Evans's attorney entered a not guilty plea on his behalf on the three federal charges. The attorney also asked for a jury trial in the case.”

Does he really think a jury is going to let him off!?! Several news reports stated he confessed to the police. My heart hurts for this sweet family.

http://m.live5news.com/live5news/db_330614/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=ZQSPD1pd

Maybe he decided to plea guilty after being reminded that a life sentence in federal prison looks a lot different than the life he's accustomed to in state prison --- not to mention, convicted pedophiles don't always fare too well locked inside of cages with angry, violent men.

http://m.live5news.com/live5news/db_330614/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=GCpXOheX

Evans is facing both state and federal charges for kidnapping, robbery and sexual assault.

A status conference in the federal case is scheduled for Thursday morning.

The jury in the federal trial is scheduled to be selected in July.

( the article also mentions that when he was in prison previously, he refused to see the woman Sharon Hayden who is now still missing. Whose car he stole.)

http://abcnews4.com/news/local/prison-logs-show-thomas-lawton-evans-was-denied-visit-from-girlfriend

Lawton had 15 prison visits from 2011-2015 when he was in jail in Ridgeland and Allendale serving time for burglary and armed robbery.

Those were from three women, S*****y M****um, 61; W***y S*****t, 57; and D****a S*****y, 61.

All were listed as "friends" in visitation logs.

There is no information as to why Hayden and L**** were denied a prison visit or the dates they attempted to visit.

ETA: unmasked Haydens name as she is the one who is missing, the others are block out as they are innocents as we know so far in mainstream media in any connection to this case

https://www.postandcourier.com/news...cle_1346a58c-4fae-11e8-9a9b-53211c0c4c21.html

Thomas Lawton Evans would become known in mid-February when Charleston police said he kidnapped a 4-year-old girl less than two weeks after his prison release.

During Evans' time behind bars, officers at Kershaw noticed that his cell window was smashed and replaced with a false plastic pane, prison records showed. When authorities confronted him about the damage, Evans acknowledged that a drone found at the facility the day before was intended for him. The drone's payload and Evans' plans for it, though, were unclear.

Stirling's interest in the issue was piqued by a drone sighting a few years ago at Lee, the site of the deadly riot last month. Police captured those responsible for that unauthorized flight, he said.

:panic:

:escape:

Wednesday, June 20th 2018, 2:59 pm EDT
CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC) -

A state grand jury indicted the man facing federal charges in the kidnapping of a four-year-old Johns Island girl and the assault of her mother on six state charges in the case.

Thomas Evans, 37, was indicted on state charges of attempted murder, kidnapping, armed robbery, first-degree burglary, first-degree criminal sexual conduct and possession of a weapon during the commission of a violent crime, according to court documents.

Court documents indicate the grand jury indicted Evans on June 4.
Johns Island kidnapping suspect indicted on 6 state charges

I was waiting to hear that the poor little girl was raped by that ~man~. Why else would he take her? SMH. Did he even have plans beyond the kidnapping and sexual assault of that beautiful child? We usually find in these type cases that the child is also killed and the body hidden. I am so thankful that she was found alive -- we don't see that here very often.

At least her poor mother has that to console her and her terrified family. Maybe that ~man~ had one ounce of conscience -- but I'm not giving him any forgiveness for that. And I do think that he felt her mother was dead when he left that house. It also sound to me that he attacked that poor mother with a load of rage.

I am confident that he will go to prison or a penitentiary for the rest of his life.

Insanity plea, hell no.
JMHO

Here is another article for those of us who have reached the limit with the link above. I was so afraid that these charges would be added. Why, why, why, was he EVER allowed out!?!?

http://www.wbrc.com/story/37667930/man-accused-of-kidnapping-4-year-old-faces-7-charges

Just getting back to this case...

From the article above --------------------------^^^^
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He is accused of forcing his way into a Johns Island home at approximately 8:30 a.m. on Feb. 13, assaulting a woman and kidnapping one of her children who was in the home. Investigators say Evans struck the woman multiple times before forcing her to the floor in the kitchen where he rammed her head into the hardwood floor multiple times and struck her in the face with closed fists, causing multiple facial fractures, bleeding on the brain and blunt force trauma to the neck.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
bbm

What rage! What in the world would make someone be this cold and cruel to this mother who was just trying to do all the right things for her family? It has to be more than just that he wanted to be back in prison -- do we know anything about his history as a child? Maybe his victim represented in his warped mind, some woman who did bad things to him. Please know this: I am not trying to lessen or mitigate the horror he exhibited on this poor good mom, her innocent little daughter, and the rest of the family. I just like to know the why of it -- what is it that makes a human being wreak such evil on another human being? How can we deal with this? We see it here under a microscope, but it's no less real because we do... SMH It just doesn't stop.

I'm quite sure this former prison director knows a lot more about recividism than I do, but I tend to disagree with him on this. I actually believe that sentencing needs to be MORE standardized. Judges are given such a wide berth in their discretion when it comes to sentencing, that sentencing often depends on the judge and his mood on any particular given day. I live in Myrtle Beach (about 2 hours north of Charleston) and I'll just give you an example. Last year, a 30ish year old woman high on crystal meth drowned her 6-month-old in the pond behind her house. She was given a 27 year sentence. The following week, a 20ish year old woman robbed a residence at gunpoint with her boyfriend and they took off with some of the homeowner's jewelry. She was given the maximum sentence of 25 years. I was flabbergasted. So, you mean to tell me that the only difference between stealing the life of your six-month-old child and stealing a stranger's jewelry is a mere two year prison sentence differential? Something is clearly not right here and the system they currently have in place is broken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Most, if not all, states have Sentencing Guidelines which state the crime, the penalty, and usually a scale based on previous offenses. It is written/composed by the state's legislature. SC has one, but it was tuff for me to find one online that we could read and understand quickly. So that's where it is legally stated -- probably an attempt at making sentences fair and equal for all who break the law, and to give judges a bit of leeway in sentencing having to do with what is presented at trial or in plea agreements -- usually referred to as mitigating and aggravating factors.

That poor poor woman! How did she ever survive that attack? She must have mustered up every bit of strength for her children's sake to survive that. My heart goes out to her, this was traumatize the poor lady for the rest of her life.

God speed to her and her family. I pray he did not sexually assault sweet H as well. Poor sweet girl, witnessing her mother going through that attack and then being taken by that monster.
bbm
Yes -- let's hope that he was too busy GTH out of SC. Maybe he never had a chance. What she went through at her home and alone with him in the car is enuff horror for a 4 year old -- for the rest of her life. SMH.

But, she is alive and back home by now, so there is that, thank goodness.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back