Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to marry in the spring

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel for Meghan. It's not an easy task for anyone to be in the spotlight of constant public scrutiny, where everyone watches your every move, hangs on your every word, critiques your wardrobe, etc.

Yes, she chose this life by agreeing to marry into the Royal Family. Nevertheless, I shudder to think that there will be a repeat era of how the tabloids treated Princess Diana.

Meghan is so much more than her outfit choices. In the grand scheme of things, her clothes mean next to nothing.

What matters is her character and how she treats others. According to trustworthy reports, Meghan is kind, thoughtful, and wishes to ease the suffering of those in need (and has participated in charity work prior to meeting/marrying Harry, with plans to do more).

That says so much more about who she is, as a person, that is actually relevant, than whatever dress or hat/fascinator she wears to whatever occasion.

I feel for Meghan. It's not an easy task for anyone to be in the spotlight of constant public scrutiny, where everyone watches your every move, hangs on your every word, critiques your wardrobe, etc.

Yes, she chose this life by agreeing to marry into the Royal Family. Nevertheless, I shudder to think that there will be a repeat era of how the tabloids treated Princess Diana.

Meghan is so much more than her outfit choices. In the grand scheme of things, her clothes mean next to nothing.

What matters is her character and how she treats others. According to trustworthy reports, Meghan is kind, thoughtful, and wishes to ease the suffering of those in need (and has participated in charity work prior to meeting/marrying Harry, with plans to do more).

That says so much more about who she is, as a person, that is actually relevant, than whatever dress or hat/fascinator she wears to whatever occasion.

I understand your point, and of course clothes are not very important. But I really don’t think that wanting Meghan to look her best is disregarding her character and accomplishments. Of course she’s more than her outfit choices or hairstyle, and personally I am not in any way ignoring who she is inside by commenting on a dress or two that I don’t care for. I think she’s better than a couple of her recent choices, just as celebrities on a red carpet in sometimes hideous dresses are better than theirs. I do think, however, that whether one is representing your employer or the Royal family or promoting a cause, one’s clothing choices can cause people take you more seriously, or not. I’m sure Meghan will figure out her style soon. I think she’s great!

Thomas Markle was reportedly paid £7,500 (9948.34 United States Dollar) to appear on UK TV to reveal details about his daughter and Prince Harry's relationship.

The Duchess of Sussex's father, who is said to have been flown from his home in Mexico to a luxury California hotel to film the interview, lifted the lid on the lead up to Meghan’s wedding and the dramatic events that ended with him missing her biggest day.

Meghan Markle's dad 'paid £7,500' to appear on UK TV

Here is the entire interview with Thomas Markle. 4 videos - close to 1 hour total

Prince Harry Told Thomas Markle to Give President Trump a Chance | Good Morning Britain

Thank you Gardenista for bringing this over in completion.

It could have set things in a positive direction for this family member if he would have chosen to keep it about the Bean, A princess from birth, healthy relations with Doria and Harry’s ease in communicating with him...

I wonder if he had to answer a few particular questions in order to get the highest paying number? Surely he is well enough to determine what wouldn’t be favorable for his daughter, ‘the Bean’? He was ‘well’ enough not to discuss it with her for his advantage.

Ughh...sad for her to be caught off guard with this.

A7EE014B-3CEE-4840-9610-888B9541978D.jpeg

“All eyes were on Meghan as she made her Royal Ascot debut on Tuesday.

And the newly-minted Duchess of Sussex once again snubbed tradition by showcasing an ultra-modern monochrome look.

Prince Harry's wife, 36, wore a crisp white coat dress featuring an edgy asymmetrical hemline, in stark contrast to the sea of sensible pastel-coloured frocks on display in the Royal Enclosure.”

Meghan Markle makes her Ascot debut with Prince Harry | Daily Mail Online

The Duchess of Sussex looked lovely today and the Duke looked smart.

I don't mean to Meghan bash so much but the white dress and hat were better than the robe dress with the toilet paper hat. Her hair was better but still greasy looking, Her makeup was terrible again but I loved the color of her lipstick. She needs a personal stylist and hair/makeup artist so badly. I need the same also. Why do her legs look like bird legs??? They are so thin.

I know it is not easy being Meghan. The world criticizing you (including nobodies like me).

I don't particularly like all of Meghan's fashion choices, but I do think that many outfits she has worn are ill-fitting. Meghan's quite slender but seems to wear clothes are a size or two too large for her svelte figure.

I don't mean to Meghan bash so much but the white dress and hat were better than the robe dress with the toilet paper hat. Her hair was better but still greasy looking, Her makeup was terrible again but I loved the color of her lipstick. She needs a personal stylist and hair/makeup artist so badly. I need the same also. Why do her legs look like bird legs??? They are so thin.

I know it is not easy being Meghan. The world criticizing you (including nobodies like me).

To me it’s simply the natural act of ‘observation’ not bashing or criticizing her personally. It’s no different from someone saying they like an outfit/makeup. Just like we would for any royal or high profile event that we choose to watch. I still look forward to seeing what Kate wears and the same will be for Megan.

My fave for Megan so far was the first event after the wedding. Can’t recall the formal name at the moment but where Harry swatted the bee.

Hopefully someone will step in soon to help her with her hair and makeup as well. I’m still surprised that certain things go unchecked. Like-why wasn’t there a crease check done for her wedding dress? Most dressmakers will have you sit to see how the fabric performs through the bodice, elbows. Especially so with a one dimensional design, versus overlay of lace, beading, tulle, etc.

Last edited:
To her credit, I think Meghan is striving to be her own person with her own style and not adhere to what we might consider proper royal couture. I also feel that she doesn't want to be a carbon-copy of Duchess Kate who, despite her youth when she married into the royal family, has adopted a rather matronly fashion style. I don't dislike Kate's wardrobe choices, but I sometimes feel like she is trying too hard to adhere to expected royal protocol. My favorite photos of Duchess Kate feature her wearing jeans and a 3/4 length sleeve tee-shirt. She looks relaxed and if she's been given permission to let her hair down and loosen up a little :D

I guess it will not be too much longer before we hear that the newlyweds are expecting Mini me's (twin boy and girl). As much as I have disliked Meghan's wardrobe choices, I do look forward to seeing her next outfit (I love seeing the fancy designer dresses).

It sounds like Harry’s politely neutral responses to Markle’s strong opinions are being used by Markle for interview fodder. The Royal Family doesn’t express political opinions, as I understand it.

Markle is really stupid to do this interview after the disastrous photo-shoot story. Did he learn nothing? I think his chance of meeting the queen is now zero. Will he even get to even meet his future grandchild(ren) if he can’t keep his mouth shut?!
The immediate members of the Markle family are all problematic, father included. If he knew what was best for his and Meghan's relationship, he would not have anything to do with the media. Meghan has already shown the world that she is not afraid to cut people out of her life, friend/family/spouse if it interferes with her social status.

Meghan chose this life. She knew what she was getting into beforehand, Princess Diana didn't. Meghan was an actress, this is her dream, to be in the spotlight. To have people know who she is and know her name. The closest she ever came to that was with Suits. She was not likely to become a hot ticket actress at any time. This is her dream come true.

The immediate members of the Markle family are all problematic, father included. If he knew what was best for his and Meghan's relationship, he would not have anything to do with the media. Meghan has already shown the world that she is not afraid to cut people out of her life, friend/family/spouse if it interferes with her social status.

Unfortunately having easy cash dangled in front of you can make you make unwise decisions. I hope it doesn’t make their relationship even more distant.

Meghan chose this life. She knew what she was getting into beforehand, Princess Diana didn't. Meghan was an actress, this is her dream, to be in the spotlight. To have people know who she is and know her name. The closest she ever came to that was with Suits. She was not likely to become a hot ticket actress at any time. This is her dream come true.

We don’t know the Duchess personally so we don’t know what her motivation is within the relationship. My hope is that she genuinely loves Harry and sees their union as an opportunity to raise awareness of important issues and do worthwhile charity work by continuing Princess Diana’s legacy.

I can't open the link for that photo, Bette. What was the mystery about Kate's jeans?

...But now, we can confirm that Kate did buy her Moto Blue “Leigh” maternity jeans from the London-based high street label — and they’re a rewear!

The confusion stemmed from Kate’s cleverly disguised waistband.

“We didn’t realize that she was wearing maternity jeans,” a spokesperson for Topshop tells PEOPLE. “An older style of these maternity jeans were sent to Kate when she was pregnant with Prince George and she is re-wearing them.” ...

Vanity Fair article

What Does Tom Markle’s Surprise Interview Mean for Meghan and Harry?

"And, in a head-scratching moment, Markle confessed that his daughter and son-in-law “were very emphatic about not giving any information to the press or speaking to them”—a revelation made while, well, *giving information to the press and speaking to them!”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rebecca.ingram1214@gmail.