UNSOLVED Oh - Pike County: 8 People From One Family Dead As Police Hunt For Killer(s) #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s lots of rabbit holes for sure. It’s both unfortunate and fortunate that we have to follow what MSM says here on WS. It makes it difficult with this case because the information we have is limited and has to be dissected.

We're still allowed to speculate and discuss theories. We just can't accuse anyone of murder or repeat rumors and information that hasn't appeared in the news media.

I've often wondered that myself. Maybe LE isn't screwing up and by making such a public display of the W's they are actually trying to keep them safe and/or alive. IF it wasn't the W's directly, but a top dog up the chain, he or they are probably glad the focus is on the W's. If they get taken out now, it's obvious they didn't do it or at least weren't the main perp/s/. I also found the guy's comment about the investigators coming and asking about his silencers quite interesting. We've oft wondered here if silencers were used. Sounds like now, it's a safe bet LE at least thinks silencers were used. That newest article is quite interesting and gives some insight into some things we didn't know before. I'm betting the author knows a lot more he didn't mention. I don't see this case being solved here, TOS are a block in this case and should be revised for this case only. There are a lot of facts in this case we aren't allowed to discuss and too many rabbit holes are followed needlessly.

Agree, the information about the silencers is interesting. We talked about it early on and discussed how the killers would have been nearly deaf by the time they finished the murders. Stealth in getting into the homes was very important and it's difficult to imagine how they could have entered without awaking the victims if their ears were ringing from having fired several shots at the previous crime scene. The killers would also have difficulty communicating, something that was crucial to them getting through their grim task without leaving much evidence behind.

JMO, the TOS here is more helpful than harmful. The only thing missing from the discussions here are the rumors that proliferate elsewhere. Usually, those rumors are false.

Agree, the information about the silencers is interesting. We talked about it early on and discussed how the killers would have been nearly deaf by the time they finished the murders. Stealth in getting into the homes was very important and it's difficult to imagine how they could have entered without awaking the victims if their ears were ringing from having fired several shots at the previous crime scene. The killers would also have difficulty communicating, something that was crucial to them getting through their grim task without leaving much evidence behind.

JMO, the TOS here is more helpful than harmful. The only thing missing from the discussions here are the rumors that proliferate elsewhere. Usually, those rumors are false.

I'm not referring to rumors. Just facts from various places (not Topix or other such places), some of it involving politics and corruption that aren't allowed here. When you are just stuck with victim's FB and MSM stories, those can be based on rumor (I see lies and rumor on fb day in and day out) and LE uses MSM with lies and misleading "facts" and forces reporters to leave out info they don't want out in the public for all kinds of reasons. There are other sources of info and people involved that should be discussed in a thorough and honest discussion and can't be discussed here. I'm merely suggesting a mild tweaking of tos to this case and probably any other case that involve that corrupt cesspool of S OH, not of Websleuth's as a whole. This is a unique case and situation.

I'm not referring to rumors. Just facts from various places (not Topix or other such places), some of it involving politics and corruption that aren't allowed here. When you are just stuck with victim's FB and MSM stories, those can be based on rumor (I see lies and rumor on fb day in and day out) and LE uses MSM with lies and misleading "facts" and forces reporters to leave out info they don't want out in the public for all kinds of reasons. There are other sources of info and people involved that should be discussed in a thorough and honest discussion and can't be discussed here. I'm merely suggesting a mild tweaking of tos to this case and probably any other case that involve that corrupt cesspool of S OH, not of Websleuth's as a whole. This is a unique case and situation.

I know it won't happen though, so I'll just leave the topic be.

I see where you’re coming from and I totally get it.

Where I'm at, it's not that expensive anymore and it's been pretty popular in the background. But the fetanyl laced heroin has people scared and is making coke more popular. Meth isn't much of an issue here, maybe in the poorest of the poor areas that can't afford even the cheap coke. All of it is an issue of self medication. And all the drugs and the crimes and corruption that go with it are going to be an ongoing problem until this country has finally broken down and has no other choice but to go to single payer healthcare with comprehensive mental health care. And living wages. Until then, not in my lifetime, people will also go with the cheapest self medication.

Meth is bad here, and I'm in the region, but the further east, in Ky. that you go, the worse it gets, but it is all over. It changes folks and they'll do crazy things. I don't like being around meth users. If they are heavy users, they can be kinda nuts.

My top theory is that drugs are at the root of this, and if it is, I think the structure will look something like the folks caught in Sept. 2016. Someone linked it earlier. Not saying these folks are responsible, just saying that there are far more than one of these little familial groups, throughout the region. Kids are raised up in these families and it is a way of life.

Sheriff: Several arrested in Pike Co. drug trafficking ring ran by inmate inside Ohio prison

Photos and affiliations
PHOTOS: Pike County Drug Bust Arrests

I understand what you're saying and agree. We've had some discussions here about possible corruption in the area. Early on, the news media ran some stories about past corruption in Pike County LE and its been a recurring theme here. We've discussed other cases of corruption in LE and criminal justice that have been reported in the news media. Mods do ask us to avoid political discussions, but many of us have opinions on how that may impact the case.

Why not contact the mods and ask them about some of the topics and sources of information you would like to discuss? They're very open and receptive to member queries.

Meth is bad here, and I'm in the region, but the further east, in Ky. that you go, the worse it gets, but it is all over. It changes folks and they'll do crazy things. I don't like being around meth users. If they are heavy users, they can be kinda nuts.

My top theory is that drugs are at the root of this, and if it is, I think the structure will look something like the folks caught in Sept. 2016. Someone linked it earlier. Not saying these folks are responsible, just saying that there are far more than one of these little familial groups, throughout the region. Kids are raised up in these families and it is a way of life.

Sheriff: Several arrested in Pike Co. drug trafficking ring ran by inmate inside Ohio prison

Photos and affiliations

I've often wondered if the shooters were on meth. It is still very heavily used in the area I grew up in, in the eastern Ozarks. My cousin is headed to prison for shooting someone that had a flat tire on the road by his property. Paranoid of his meth op. A very good friend let her cohort burn up in a meth lab fire without alerting anyone he was in there. She got 15 years for that. You would never expect a thing like that would happen by knowing them and their families. Meth just makes people crazy, as is executing 8 people in a such a manner.

Photos and affiliations

Those are some rough looking characters there and a few look like you would never expect to be involved in such a thing. I never realized the ladies were so involved in this stuff. Wow. Interesting, the different gang names.

Sorry for all the posts, one more and I'll stop for a while lol, lots of rambling in my head today. In that newest article, there is a pic in LM's yard with the $10,000 reward for 8 murdered people. Although that paltry amount has always been bewildering to me, it just struck me as so utterly pathetic to see it like that. What or who was it that scared Ruby off with his his reward donation? No one is going to come forward and risk their life and livelihood for 10 grand. Makes you wonder if LE wants to solve it.

The Ruby thing, has made me look harder at another theory I have. Ruby came down in his bus, on the 25th.
Cincinnati businessman Jeff Ruby offers $25K reward for info in Pike Co. killings

Then, three days later, Ruby Tweeted;

"With recent complex criminal developments in Pike Co case, we are withdrawing our reward and involvement. Grieving and praying for family."

— Jeff Ruby (@TheRealJeffRuby) April 28, 2016

The 29th:

"The savage execution of the Rhoden family was barbaric! If by cartel, my involvement puts our family in harms way pic.twitter.com/Ve2P3FnkZE"

— Jeff Ruby (@TheRealJeffRuby) April 29, 2016

This is a man who is known to do this type of thing. Something spooked him;

He is outspoken and controversial.

Cincinnati restaurateur Jeff Ruby is known as much for his rewards and taking on criminals as he is for his steaks.

But before he was looking for justice and trying to solve murder cases, he was running from a rough life along the Jersey shore.

Ruby sat down with WLWT’s Sheree Paolello to talk about where he came from, how he became “The King of Fine Dining” in Cincinnati and why he offers up rewards for people he's never met.

Meet Jeff Ruby: The story behind the provocative, outspoken restaurateur

I've often wondered if the shooters were on meth. It is still very heavily used in the area I grew up in, in the eastern Ozarks. My cousin is headed to prison for shooting someone that had a flat tire on the road by his property. Paranoid of his meth op. A very good friend let her cohort burn up in a meth lab fire without alerting anyone he was in there. She got 15 years for that. You would never expect a thing like that would happen by knowing them and their families. Meth just makes people crazy, as is executing 8 people in a such a manner.

I've wondered if the shooters were on Meth too. They get paranoid. The Rs had lots of trips to Detroit for vehicles. Many trips to Greenup. Hwy 23 pretty much runs from Greenup, Ky., through Chillicothe, and Columbus, and then jump on 75 to Detroit. Lots of meth in Columbus, it seems, and not to mention Detroit having a problem. Could have been one of those towns that had a supplier (If in fact this theory turns out to be true). Later, if someone thought they were going to be a liability, somehow, then I could see this happening.

The family I believe sent him. Him and KR’s son went together.
Interesting that if he was supposed to spend the night and do something with KR, he had to be told to go check on him. Why did he not go there in the morning, since he did not spend the night, if they had plans? Why did he not spend the night? His story alone has missing puzzle pieces.

Interesting that if he was supposed to spend the night and do something with KR, he had to be told to go check on him. Why did he not go there in the morning, since he did not spend the night, if they had plans? Why did he not spend the night? His story alone has missing puzzle pieces.

Remember though, that story has changed up a few times. In the beginning, it was HIS idea to go check on KR. This is the first version:

He said: 'Kenneth would normally padlock the camper where he lived from the outside when he left.

'I was supposed to meet him the night before and go to work on some cars with him in the morning.

'When I didn't hear from him I went to the camper and it was unlocked and his truck was outside and I felt there must have been something wrong.

Ohio family massacre victim had $1k in cash strewn at his feet and was shot in the head | Daily Mail Online

I've never been fully on board with the theory the killers were a bunch of meth heads. They can be frenzied and somewhat organized, but also paranoid, wildly impulsive and easily distracted. Someone like that, trying to murder 8 people in 4 different locations, would have gone off the rails and messed up at some point that night. They would have been easily spooked by any of the victims waking up and fighting back, prone to shooting wildly and probably killing the small children or infant nearby. They would have been freaked out and paranoid of the dogs, probably killing some of them, too. They would have constantly been paranoid about someone (friends, family or LE) driving down the road or pulling into the driveways. The crime scene left behind would have been more disorganized with doors left unlocked and open, video cameras and evidence left behind, etc.

Whomever committed these murders had the ability to keep a cool head, unemotional, not jumpy or overreacting to every victim who fought back, dog that barked, cell phone that rang or car that drove down the road. They were in control of their emotions, thoughts, plans and the environment in which they were "working". They were probably able to keep it together for an extended period of time, getting everything done, without mistakes, in a relatively short period of time.

ETA: I don't know any meth heads, but would they have been capable of planning and rehearsing a murder spree like this one?

We have a few, probably a combination:

Fights over child custody
Possible snitching by a victim to LE about drug trafficking
Possible rogue LE and local power brokers concerned about the above
Theft of money, MJ
It's probably very important in the investigation that the watchdogs allowed the killers on the scene, and that the children and dogs were spared. I'm not quite sure what to make of that, but I'm sure LE realizes the importance of those facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam