A & E - Anthony Parents Speak 5.28.18

Thank you all so much for the interesting opinions on the show. Keep them coming, please. We are letting everyone on social media know this thread is the only place to come and read about the George and Cindy interview.

Am I the only one who truly feels sorry for George? I want to rescue the guy from his life of what appears to be pure hell.

Anyone else?

Tricia,

I feel so sorry for George. You can tell he wants to tell the truth, but Cindy will have none of that. My daughter, who didn't really follow the case watched this special. She told me that Cindy was so deep in denial that it wasn't even funny. And she said she couldn't believe how mean Cindy was to George. George makes me want to just hug him. You can tell he is in agony.

JMO

Did you all catch the very end of the interview, right before it went to the credits, I swear I think Cindy thought the cameras were off. She said something like (paraphrased) 'Baez sure did a good job of getting her off' , and it wasn't just her words it was her demeanor. She seemed smug and had this little smirk on her face. Did anyone else catch that ?

I know Cindy lives in a world of denial but I also think she claims Caylee drowned, etc. just to suck up to her daughter. Sickening.
Yes! And the reporter agreed with her. In my opinion; that statement proves Cindy knows Casey killed Caylee.

Keep thinking about Lee. I found it disturbing that they haven't mentioned him in this documentary/interview at all, basically, it is all about Casey. I would assume that in some context you, as a parent, would talk like this 'our kids, our children '. Why putting one child over the other? So far I see, in the present time, Lee turned out just fine, considering the circumstances, growing up in that family. My strong opinion is that KC being a sociopath, a state [personality disorder] you are born with, paired up with Cindy's unhealthy and toxic, narcissistic personality created the monster she is. Lee on the other hand, does not have any personality disorder [after my observation only]. GA is someone with a very low self-esteem, a weak person, the roots probably can be found in his childhood BUT he was not a bad person per se. He 'just' went with the flow and still keeping on that track. All three know the truth. I really do hope that one day, George or Lee will talk, those two are our only hope. My heart breaks for that tiny child, remember the video of her last day in the nursing home chatting, singing and great-grandpa singing to her... what a precious smart little girl she was!
I have read that Lee has specifically requested that they not talk about him. So I was surprised they talked about Lee’s son. Lee is the only one with any sense.

I am really surprised at how many posters feel sorry for George. He is just as dysfunctional as Cindy. Anyone remember him having an affair with one of Caylee’s searchers? He is just as sick as Cindy.

They raised Casey together. And together they ignored the huge red flags that their daughter was lying, stealing and even that she was obviously pregnant. They chose to do nothing.

I wouldn’t wish this on them or anyone else; but I feel strongly that they both enabled Casey.

I feel this is why they stay together. No one else would ever want in their life or understand what they did, and what they have gone through.

I am really surprised at how many posters feel sorry for George. He is just as dysfunctional as Cindy. Anyone remember him having an affair with one of Caylee’s searchers? He is just as sick as Cindy.
Ah, River Cruz. I remember that woman. Sold her "story" about the alleged affair to the National Enquirer.

She also acknowledged that she or her family received $4,000 for that interview.

Prosecutor Jeff Ashton seemed to mock the notion that the National Enquirer was “the one news source you could trust” not to sensationalize her story, but Holloway said they reported it fairly. Ashton suggested that she claimed she had an affair with George to make it a better story. “I did have an affair with George,” she responded

George Anthony’s Alleged Ex-Mistress Takes the Stand; Family Members Testify About Pet Burials | HLNtv.com

Ah, River Cruz. I remember that woman. Sold her "story" about the alleged affair to the National Enquirer.

George Anthony’s Alleged Ex-Mistress Takes the Stand; Family Members Testify About Pet Burials | HLNtv.com
I don't know if they had an actual physical affair but they definitely had an emotional affair. His texts to her show that. But again people blame the woman and not the man. My point is that George is far from blameless in all of it. I get really tired of his "aww shucks poor me" routine. In the interview when he snaps at Cindy and tells her to "shut up" that is the real George that we rarely get to see. But my bet is Cindy sees that side of George a lot.

I don't know if they had an actual physical affair but they definitely had an emotional affair. His texts to her show that. But again people blame the woman and not the man. My point is that George is far from blameless in all of it. I get really tired of his "aww shucks poor me" routine. In the interview when he snaps at Cindy and tells her to "shut up" that is the real George that we rarely get to see. But my bet is Cindy sees that side of George a lot.
If I was married to Cindy I'm sure I would need an "emotional affair."

I'm not certain that they had an actual physical affair either. River Cruz initially denied it to the police and later claimed that she lied out of shame. Neither her or her sister struck me as completely trustworthy. So what we have are two liars (George and River) in a he said/she said battle and I'm honestly not that interested in whether they actually slept together or George just desperately needed a friend because Cindy was unwilling to listen to what he had to say and just appeared to want to control him and how much information he was giving the police or anyone else who was trying to find Caylee.

River Cruz made me angry during the trial. I felt like she totally took the focus off Caylee with her "poor me" routine. The entire time she was on the stand, I was just thinking can we get back to the actual murder trial? I didn't particularly care if George had an affair or not, it had nothing to do with Caylee's death. I just wanted Casey to be punished for what she did to Caylee.

Of course, we all saw how that worked out. Apparently the jury cared way more than I did about George's affair.

Last edited:
I'm not certain that they had an actual physical affair either. River Cruz initially denied it to the police and later claimed that she lied out of shame. Neither her or her sister struck me as completely trustworthy. So what we have are two liars (George and River) in a he said/she said battle and I'm honestly not that interested in whether they actually slept together or George just desperately needed a friend because Cindy was unwilling to listen to what he had to say and just appeared to want to control him and how much information he was giving the police or anyone else who was trying to find Caylee.

River Cruz made me angry during the trial. I felt like she totally took the focus off Caylee with her "poor me" routine. The entire time she was on the stand, I was just thinking can we get back to the actual murder trial? I didn't particularly care if George had an affair or not, it had nothing to do with Caylee's death. I just wanted Casey to be punished for what she did to Caylee.

Of course, we all saw how that worked out. Apparently the jury cared way more than I did about George's affair.
But see once again you are blaming Cindy for what George did. I am big on people being responsible for themselves. No one made George send her texts. No one made George go to her house at least 3-4 times (by his own admission). All this while he was supposed to be looking for his granddaughter.

Listen I am not a fan of either of them. But I do think its unfair to put all of the blame on Cindy. Seems like mothers always get the lions share of the blame for anything a child does. I just think they both screwed up raising Casey and are equally culpable.

But see once again you are blaming Cindy for what George did. I am big on people being responsible for themselves. No one made George send her texts. No one made George go to her house at least 3-4 times (by his own admission). All this while he was supposed to be looking for his granddaughter.

Listen I am not a fan of either of them. But I do think its unfair to put all of the blame on Cindy. Seems like mothers always get the lions share of the blame for anything a child does. I just think they both screwed up raising Casey and are equally culpable.

My original intention was not to put all of the blame on her. I said that I wasn't even sure George actually slept with River, because I find her shady. I was pointing out that George was emotionally vulnerable himself and Cindy probably didn't help with that. I was also saying that I don't really care whether George had an affair or not. That was his business, it had nothing to do with Caylee.

George is responsible for his own actions. No one made him text River Cruz or visit her house three or four times. The difference was that I feel that I can understand why he did so.

I agree that he is partially responsible for how Casey was brought up. If he had stood up to Cindy and actually parented Casey the way they needed to, she might not have gotten so out of control. I use the word "might" though because there is something very wrong with Casey and she seems to have several sociopathic traits.

As for the rest of your post, you're right in that I'm way more sympathetic towards George. I wouldn't want to be married to Cindy either. I think that she treats him like crap. I think she's a horrible person. I don't like her, I can barely stand listening to her. I'm sick of death of her whataboutism. Her entire rationale seems to revolve around trying to bring everyone else down and then lying to bring Casey up.

After that first week, Cindy put Casey above everyone else, including Caylee. While Casey was out on bail, she even kicked George out of the house for the day because he tried to confront Casey and get answers from her. Cindy wanted to wallow in denial. George, IMO, not so much. So if George cheated on her, I couldn't care less.

So nope, I don't really fault George. His actions make a certain amount of sense to me. Cindy's really don't.

Last edited:
My original intention was not to put all of the blame on her. I said that I wasn't even sure George actually slept with River, because I find her shady. I was pointing out that George was emotionally vulnerable himself and Cindy probably didn't help with that. I was also saying that I don't really care whether George had an affair or not. That was his business, it had nothing to do with Caylee.

George is responsible for his own actions. No one made him text River Cruz or visit her house three or four times. The difference was that I feel that I can understand why he did so.

I agree that he is partially responsible for how Casey was brought up. If he had stood up to Cindy and actually parented Casey the way they needed to, she might not have gotten so out of control. I use the word "might" though because there is something very wrong with Casey and she seems to have several sociopathic traits.

As for the rest of your post, you're right in that I'm way more sympathetic towards George. I wouldn't want to be married to Cindy either. I think that she treats him like crap. I think she's a horrible person. I don't like her, I can barely stand listening to her. I'm sick of death of her whataboutism. Her entire rationale seems to revolve around trying to bring everyone else down and then lying to bring Casey up.

After that first week, Cindy put Casey above everyone else, including Caylee. While Casey was out on bail, she even kicked George out of the house for the day because he tried to confront Casey and get answers from her. Cindy wanted to wallow in denial. George, IMO, not so much. So if George cheated on her, I couldn't care less.

So nope, I don't really fault George. His actions make a certain amount of sense to me. Cindy's really don't.

Hi, - little bit off topic but caught something in your reply I try to be clear about. Can you please tell me when was Casey out on bail and for how long? Did she spend all that time at the family home? Thank you very much in advance!

Another thing is that I can see the point of looking at GA from a different angle, with more understanding. I see their relationship as of manipulator and manipulated or any other dichotomy would just do, when someone is the leader, the stronger psyché and they consciously choose a partner they can manipulate, lead and form as they wish, just as CA still does. GA is the weaker, the controlled one in this marriage and also yes, he is responsible as well for everything that had happened but there are the nuances, where we can be more understanding towards him. On some days I feel that he is just as bad as his wife but then again, talking from personal experience, people like GA are also victims in a way. I find it very tragic, how he attempted to take his own life.

Watching George and <modsnipped> carrying on made me cringe at times, their agenda is to skirt all around the issues and the truth,
they both are uninterested in looking at the real evidence.
Interesting how they both stuttered and stammered through
the questions on Caylee's father and if they had attempted to
find out from Casey exactly who the father was.
Which tells me that either a) they could not get a straight
answer from her, or b) the real father is an embarrassment
and they have to keep it secret.
Anyone else recall how the Anthony's relatives in Texas were
visiting around the time of Caylee's conception, and it was
a theory that perhaps one of them was Caylee's father (a
cousin, iirc)?
I remember that was was a much-discussed topic at that time.
I do feel badly for them both, having lost little Caylee is
obviously a tragedy they will never get over.
But <modsnipped> refusal to blame her daughter for anything is
very disturbing - when the question of Caylee not being at
home at nite comes up, <modsnipped> insists Caylee was home and
'tucked in' every nite - while George honestly states that
she wasn't at home every single nite. Casey's 'friends'
themselves state that Caylee mysteriously slept through
their parties, while Ricardo Morales recalls Caylee sleeping over -
so someone is lying.
Then again, when the wonderful Jeff Ashton asks them
how they feel about the 'foolproof suffocation'
search discovery, they both quickly answer that someone
else was in the house, but <modsnipped> 'cannot say' who it is.
Really? Someone else was involved in Caylee's murder
and she is turning a blind eye to it? Impossible to
believe.
And <modsnipped> constant dragging of George outside, to
'let her know' that Casey was a wonderful mother, etc.,
was nothing short of ridiculous.
No one will ever forget <modsnipped>statements in 2008 on -
that 'Amy is the nanny', 'it was rotting pizza', 'I made
the chlorophyll search', and on and on.
But then <modsnipped> has been turning a blind eye to Casey's
actions for years - for instance, when Casey drained
her checking account for a long period of time. <modsnipped>
only finally flipped out on Casey when she found out
that Casey was dipping into her parents' nursing
home account.
In the end, I feel for them both - but how many parents
don't suspect that their child, who is living with them,
has been out of work for years??

Last edited by a moderator:
And I do feel that G & C need to stay together -
they both lived through the horrible tragedy together,
and if they split up, it would be as if they lost Caylee,
all over again.

Hi, - little bit off topic but caught something in your reply I try to be clear about. Can you please tell me when was Casey out on bail and for how long? Did she spend all that time at the family home? Thank you very much in advance!

snipped.

Casey was initially arrested on July 16, 2008 after the police interview at Universal Studios. Her bail was set at $500,000. On August 21, 2008, Leonard Padilla paid her bail, and she was at her parents' home with an electronic device.

On August 29, 2008, she is arrested again for stealing Amy's checks, and her parents post the $500,000 bond on September 5, 2008. She is again at home with an electronic monitor.

On September 15, 2008, she turns herself in for the check fraud charges and her $1,250 bond releases her the following day, again at home with monitor.

On October 14, 2008, she is indicted by the Grand Jury and held without bond until after the trial.

snipped.

Casey was initially arrested on July 16, 2008 after the police interview at Universal Studios. Her bail was set at $500,000. On August 21, 2008, Leonard Padilla paid her bail, and she was at her parents' home with an electronic device.

On August 29, 2008, she is arrested again for stealing Amy's checks, and her parents post the $500,000 bond on September 5, 2008. She is again at home with an electronic monitor.

On September 15, 2008, she turns herself in for the check fraud charges and her $1,250 bond releases her the following day, again at home with monitor.

On October 14, 2008, she is indicted by the Grand Jury and held without bond until after the trial.

Thanks for that summary...Wow, I had forgotten that wild ride of arrests and bail, though I followed it closely at the time. I SO wanted justice for Caylee, and still do!

Another thing is that I can see the point of looking at GA from a different angle, with more understanding. I see their relationship as of manipulator and manipulated or any other dichotomy would just do, when someone is the leader, the stronger psyché and they consciously choose a partner they can manipulate, lead and form as they wish, just as CA still does. GA is the weaker, the controlled one in this marriage and also yes, he is responsible as well for everything that had happened but there are the nuances, where we can be more understanding towards him. On some days I feel that he is just as bad as his wife but then again, talking from personal experience, people like GA are also victims in a way. I find it very tragic, how he attempted to take his own life.

IIRC, Casey was bailed out twice. The first time she was bailed out by Leonard Padilla. That lasted for a week or two until the cops came to their door to arrest Casey for check fraud. Casey was bailed out again a couple of weeks later and was out for about a month until she was arrested and charged with the murder of Caylee.

Edited:

Oh I just read through the rest of the thread and the people above me have answered the question much more thoroughly than I did.

snipped.

Thank you very much! ;) Also jkly, many thanks! :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back