Found Deceased Va - Denise Martin, 22, Virginia Beach, 19 June 2018

This is just worrisome. You don't typically see a 22 year old classified as a runaway. I don't think she ran away. Her friends obviously knew something was wrong very quickly. What does it take for LE to knock on the door of every sex offender in the area? Many of these close by SO's are rapists. I hate to go there, but it just doesn't look good at all IMO.

I'm hoping she was waiting on the steps for someone to pick her up so she could just get away. Maybe the conversation with her father upset her and she wanted to get out of there quickly. That would be the best option. Trying to be positive but it's been over 48 hours.

^ Thing is that if she was waiting for someone, that person would likely be a friend...at least someone she knows. That person would've come forward if he/she dropped her off somewhere. Denise doesn't strike me as a person who has unsavory friends...
Bothers me too that she didn't take her cell phone or anything. The green backpack has also been accounted for.
Might she have gone for a walk around the block before her plan to go to the store and theater? Something happened? Is there any parkland or woods with trails nearby?
Really worried for Denise ......

With the caliber of friends she has, I just don't see her taking off for a break without letting anyone know she's alright - especially for more than a day.

One of the articles said she couldn't wait to be back home to be with her family, so even if there was an argument with her father she seems like the type of person to let him know she's taking off but is okay.

With the caliber of friends she has, I just don't see her taking off for a break without letting anyone know she's alright - especially for more than a day.

One of the articles said she couldn't wait to be back home to be with her family, so even if there was an argument with her father she seems like the type of person to let him know she's taking off but is okay.
I agree. If she struggles with depression then it's possible she planned to harm herself, but I haven't seen anything in the media regarding that. It's possible she maybe has some mental health issues. The longer it takes without any trace of her the scarier it gets. I hope she's safe.

Last edited:
From the most recent link:

Snipped quote: “She left her keys, wallet, ID, phone, and car behind,” Loya said. “I know her, she would never leave her phone behind.”

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think she made it--especially to the store as it seems like she didn't bring her wallet with her. Unless she didn't intend to make a purchase, maybe just "window" shop?
But could she have went to the store after being seen by neighbor at 8:22, and returned home later? I'm sure LE is checking her bank records. Just home from work and catching up. Back to reading ...

I don't do twitter and don't really know how it works. So there's a Bring Denise Home Twitter, but it goes way back, long before her disappearance. BRING DENISE HOME (@linkinsre) | Twitter
Also on Denise's own twitter, there a retweet by Denise of a Bring Denise Home tweet on April 5.
Denise Martin (@denisejmartin) | Twitter

Can one change the name of a twitter account, and if so, do all past tweets show up under that name?

BRING DENISE HOME Retweeted miri
#BringDeniseHome
BRING DENISE HOME added

Update on description: black shorts, bight colored short sleeve t'shirt (possibly red or orange), high top black shoes with some sort of bright colored accent (maybe shoe laces), carrying a light brown over the shoulder bag.…
0 replies1 retweet0 likes

I don't do twitter and don't really know how it works. So there's a Bring Denise Home Twitter, but it goes way back, long before her disappearance. BRING DENISE HOME (@linkinsre) | Twitter
Also on Denise's own twitter, there a retweet by Denise of a Bring Denise Home tweet on April 5.
Denise Martin (@denisejmartin) | Twitter

Can one change the name of a twitter account, and if so, do all past tweets show up under that name?
Yes. The actual twitter account is under another name. They just changed the title to Bring Denise Home. So any retweets from that account will show under the current title of the account.

Although her friends are putting a lot of effort into social media, they do seem rather cheerful considering the circumstances. Maybe that’s a good thing and she isn’t in any danger. Something just seems a little weird. I don’t see any desperate pleading, more like happy searching. Maybe they know more than we do.
Also I haven’t seen anything in the news or LE Facebook.

I was googling news articles, and just climbed out of a rabbit hole on Ashanti Billie. The monsters who kill these innocent young women scare the carp out me.

I'm not sure what to make of the silence from Denise's Father. We've seen that in plenty of other cases though, so not alarming. The good news is Denise's case is getting great media coverage. Hopefully tomorrow will bring with it good news.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back