GUILTY - Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
... I'm insulted with the implication that my imagination is seeing it. ...
Please don't be insulted, my comments were not meant that way, and I really value your thoughtful and intelligent input here on WS.. I have often looked at a picture and not right away been able to tell what it was, and my eyes/mind would see something totally different.. I'm talking about blown up or adulterated or whatever pics.. maybe even at times when one might see a pic (unclear perhaps) of something they have never seen before.. it makes me think of what it might be like to be a blind person who suddenly obtains vision.. might see it, but see it differently. Things like this (pics) have been blown up and analyzed in other cases as well, and pics take a real beating when this is done, and virtually anything can be seen by someone. Sometimes I will see something, and then realize what it really is (because say the pic had no perspective to give it meaning/familiarity of what it was), and I will think.. I wonder if that is sometimes how inventions are thought of, by someone perhaps seeing a pic differently than how it really was, but now that incorrect vision is burned into the mind of the viewer, as an idea..
And no, not your imagination (although nothing is wrong with imagination!!)... I also see what could be a cat, I just don't think it IS a cat. I think it is something else which is oblierated by the expansion of the pic and its resulting poor quality once expanded.

Reactions: XFP
And with respect to CN, while he likely could have told her with no repercussions (he was, afterall, her "sweet serial killer" *gag*), for some reason he seemed to want to play the victim card with the woe-is-me text about how he said hurtful things to WM that sent him over the edge. Who knows - maybe CN was fond of WM and wouldn't be supportive of his early demise.
I see Millard as the kind of person that got a real thrill out of killing. I believe his "woe is me" text is simply him telling CN that it was him that caused WM's death without revealing the details. I think that gave him as sense of accomplishment and power. We know that conversation with WM likely never happened, so why else would he say it? Admitting it actually makes him look like a dick more than it invokes pity.

Tomorrow the judge should be able to make a decision if she will allow the evidence. IF the defense has no witnesses it could be over by next week.
A lot of questions I had from the first trial about how they could charge DM for the murder of father now have been answered.
I had to follow all the trials because a lot of evidence in the first trial was not allowed because it would be used for the other trials.
At one time in the Tim Bosma trial, I did think that MS was the shooter because I did not know what I know now about the murder of Laura and Wayne.
I now believe that DM was the shooter of Tim Bosma. I think in the murder of Tim and Laura that MS assisted but did not murder. Maybe he did not know by assisting DM he would now pay the same price as the one who did the murder and he will spend the rest of his life in prison. He considered DM his friend, nice friend to have that involves you in 2 murders and you spend the rest of your life in prison.
MS did have a violent streak and was sadistic because he was in front of the incinerator smiling , so he willingly was a participant to assist DM in the murders and that got him M1 twice.
I agree that MS likely never pulled a trigger, but I don't think Millard had to twist his arm very hard to get him to participate. When Millard talked about "next level stuff" and "Merking people", Smich never flinched and was all in.

Prior to this trial, I had always imagined that DM was the ONLY one that knew that he had killed his dad, and the only one that knew he had planned to do it. Now that we have listened to evidence, I believe that a few may have known, those being AM, MS, and possibly CN. What thoughts about that are others following the case having?

After hearing MM's account of events along with DM's post-LE statement text to MS, I am of the belief that MS knew, but his participation stopped at providing an alibi.

I see Millard as the kind of person that got a real thrill out of killing. I believe his "woe is me" text is simply him telling CN that it was him that caused WM's death without revealing the details. I think that gave him as sense of accomplishment and power. We know that conversation with WM likely never happened, so why else would he say it? Admitting it actually makes him look like a dick more than it invokes pity.
It looked like a pity play to me. It reminded me of something from the book "The Psychopath Next Door":

“After listening for almost twenty-five years to the stories my patients tell me about sociopaths who have invaded and injured their lives, when I am asked, “How can I tell whom not to trust?” the answer I give usually surprises people. The natural expectation is that I will describe some sinister-sounding detail of behavior or snippet of body language or threatening use of language that is the subtle giveaway. Instead, I take people aback by assuring them that the tip-off is none of these things, for none of these things is reliably present. Rather, the best clue is, of all things, the pity play. The most reliable sign, the most universal behavior of unscrupulous people is not directed, as one might imagine, at our fearfulness. It is, perversely, an appeal to our sympathy.”
Martha Stout, The Sociopath Next Door

If Millard struck me as a thrill killer, he'd freak me out less. Instead I see him as a perfect amoral, transactional predator. He seems to me to find somebody he wants something from, takes it from them, and then crumples them up and discards them.

It looked like a pity play to me. It reminded me of something from the book "The Psychopath Next Door":

“After listening for almost twenty-five years to the stories my patients tell me about sociopaths who have invaded and injured their lives, when I am asked, “How can I tell whom not to trust?” the answer I give usually surprises people. The natural expectation is that I will describe some sinister-sounding detail of behavior or snippet of body language or threatening use of language that is the subtle giveaway. Instead, I take people aback by assuring them that the tip-off is none of these things, for none of these things is reliably present. Rather, the best clue is, of all things, the pity play. The most reliable sign, the most universal behavior of unscrupulous people is not directed, as one might imagine, at our fearfulness. It is, perversely, an appeal to our sympathy.”
Martha Stout, The Sociopath Next Door

If Millard struck me as a thrill killer, he'd freak me out less. Instead I see him as a perfect amoral, transactional predator. He seems to me to find somebody he wants something from, takes it from them, and then crumples them up and discards them.
Possibly, but why make himself out to be such an a$$hole?

because there was probably a bunch of clothes and junk on the chair
There is a jacket thrown over the armchair.
First I recognized nothing definite on the chair beside the jacket and no cat. Just now I think, it maybe a baseball cap dark grey, with a button and with a rectangular print. In front of it I see something, which doesn't belong to the cap probably. A little rod with a ring at the end (in front) and something undefinable (like a lace) to the left attached to the rod. - All my imagination at this time ....
WayneBaseballCap.png
ETA: A hot-water bottle I had rejected as an idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
Considering it took so long for MS to accomplish a hookup for DM with Isho, I have wondered if Isho wanted some kind of proof from DM that he was, indeed, as ruthless as he tried to look.

Possibly, but why make himself out to be such an a$$hole?
Well I think it was more fake mea culpa than actual a$$hole. Manipulative either way. Poor Dellen suffers first under the burden of his father's expectations and poor business acumen, and now under a grim sense of responsibility for his father's suicide. Gag.

I think there is good evidence of the pervasiveness of his pity plays in MB's letter to the courts - a symphony of Dellen's sufferings, both major and minor. He suffered an only childhood, a small family, the loneliness of being "set up" in the science lab by peers, and being stuck in the middle of a family rift; he suffered the separation of his parents and then suffered it again, he suffered peer rejection for his weight and he suffered the isolation of living too far away from his downtown TO school. He suffered the rejection of his uncle and ultimately the "inexplicable" abandonment by same and others. We were certainly invited to feel sorry for Dellen Millard.

I agree that MS likely never pulled a trigger, but I don't think Millard had to twist his arm very hard to get him to participate. When Millard talked about "next level stuff" and "Merking people", Smich never flinched and was all in.
I'm not going far out on the limb by saying they both could have emptied their guns on Tim Bosma. Thats what my gut says anyways, in the RAM not long after leaving on the test drive.

Just picture the gun upside down pointed at WM in the position that best fits the gunshot residue pattern on the pillow and then decide for yourself how DM could have positioned himself to hold it in either left or right hand. Seems possible to me but you are welcome to disagree.

I agree , and from the start felt that if Dellen used his left hand , he would have his back to Wayne , (gun upside down) (handle up) .

Gun in left hand is perfectly comfortable , easy to aim , plenty of vision by looking slightly downward under his left arm , and maybe intended to have his back turned rather than face any splatter etc.

Not only that , court had several mentions of some kind of straight edge or straight line in the gunshot residue and/or the blood marks. Some testimony questioned if it could be the edge of a nearby blanket caused it but it was ruled out.

To me it fits perfectly as follows ..... GSR is distributed fairly evenly around the edges of the cylinder of the gun .... except the very top of the gun (where the sights are etc) it blocks off the gunpowder and could form a straight line gap with no gunpowder marks. The depression caused by the gun on the pillow would also make a nice channel for some blood to flow down to the floor/lululemon bag below.

Speaking of the bag , I do not understand the obsession . I see no mention of the name on the bag , men do not pay any attention to that stuff , it simply looks like a black & white bag. It would be different if it was pink with flowers .... then a man would not use it.

Look again at this picture of gunpowder released by a revolver , notice the blocked area on top of the gun. No powder there. File:Bullet coming from S&W.jpg - Wikipedia

All things considered , whether right handed or left handed , the position of the bed against a wall and the restricted area of the dresser , the best and easiest way to fire a revolver in those cramped conditions would be an upside down gun fired with the left hand. With the added advantage of not having to face your father while you are shooting him in the eye.

I'm not going far out on the limb by saying they both could have emptied their guns on Tim Bosma. Thats what my gut says anyways, in the RAM not long after leaving on the test drive.
I think they only found one casing not two. I don't think he was shot twice. I think DM shot him in the head and he died immediately.

I think they only found one casing not two. I don't think he was shot twice. I think DM shot him in the head and he died immediately.
;

It would appear more that one bullet was fired .... going by all the perforations in the busted window in the truck ..... I bet one or two in Tim ..... and one or two hit the window. It was a messy scene , not a clean shot.

MS & DM cleaned out all the bullet casings at the hangar that night .... except one that got trapped in the folded up rear seat cushion that they didn't notice .... but it later dropped down to the truck floor for detectives to find it .

;

It would appear more that one bullet was fired .... going by all the perforations in the busted window in the truck ..... I bet one or two in Tim ..... and one or two hit the window. It was a messy scene , not a clean shot.

MS & DM cleaned out all the bullet casings at the hangar that night .... except one that got trapped in the folded up rear seat cushion that they didn't notice .... but it later dropped down to the truck floor for detectives to find it .
IT is a possibility but I don't remember the crown saying that they thought both DM and MS shot Tim Bosma.
I am not sure where Tim has shot one version that it was near where he lived and another version he was in the truck with DM and MS was following in another vehicle.

What a pivotal decision. This judge has been making law work hard these last few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail