Identified! Tx - Woman On Hwy 82, Tattoo On Stomach & Sweater, Pleasure Island, June 2018-Kristen Balismo

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
The body of a woman found on Pleasure Island on June 13 has yet to be identified over a week after the discovery of the remains.

Port Arthur Police Detective Hebert said they have not yet determined the woman’s identity and that they are awaiting DNA testing. It is unclear how long this will take.
Jefferson County Justice of the Peace Tom Gillam said the woman, whose body was found badly decomposed, died of blunt force trauma to the head.

Gillam cited the preliminary autopsy report.

The body was found in the 2900 block of highway 82.

Witness in video at link says she was wearing a sweater and had a tattoo on her stomach: More than a week after discovery, body found on Pleasure Island remains unidentified

there is no description whatsoever, surely if they can see a stomach tat , they can tell if she s black or white , short or tall any hair left etc .?

The color of skin changes during decomp which can make race identification more difficult. Also, it says she had blunt force trauma to the head. I wonder if her face was damaged/obscured by that injury? Sorry to be gruesome, but it may be that they are working with mummified or partially skeletonized remains. I agree about the hair and height-- those and other things like what she was wearing should be easy to observe. Hopefully they will release more details and a sketch of her, if they cannot identify her.

Due to our new privacy laws and organizations in the USA not ready for it there are a lot of news items I can't get excess to anymore. Grrrrr. So I'm sorry I can't react as accurate as I want to be. (actually it feels like censorship behind my PC)

I cant watch the videos at work I have peepers behind me lol
I didnt see that part :) forgive me

Due to our new privacy laws and organizations in the USA not ready for it there are a lot of news items I can't get excess to anymore. Grrrrr. So I'm sorry I can't react as accurate as I want to be. (actually it feels like censorship behind my PC)

Yes, many articles are no longer accessible in Europe due to websites region settings and new EU law. And yes, I felt exactly how you feel. Brought me flashbacks from Iron Curtain era when we had no access to what was happening behind the border, or well, only very carefully selected news were shown.

Anywho, I have mentioned in another thread, anyone who has problem to view newsarticles just add VPN to your browser. (Go to add add ons or add extension and you can search for VPN there). Solved everything brilliantly and I am able to see everything now :). Hope this helps you and others too.

Oh, only Washington Post is being stubborn and keep asking for $1 everytime I want to read their article lol.

You all are not missing much info from the article and video. There was very little info there but here is my paraphrased summary of the video:

The man who found her says that he was driving down the road and saw a sweater on the ground. He pulled up beside it and saw it was a dead body. The news guy narrates and says at first he thought it was a "Halloween prop" but it was human remains. Video cuts back to the witness saying all she had on was the sweater and he noticed she had a tattoo on her stomach. That was when he realized it was a real body. He call Police. Policeman is interviewed and says "at this point we have nothing to show what happened...with a body in this state you are definitely going to treat it as a crime scene". The body is badly decomposed an no ID can be made. They are checking all missing persons in the area. The man who found the body is still in a state of disbelief. The news lady says the missing persons search could stretch "from Jefferson County all the way to some cites near the border of Louisiana."
More than a week after discovery, body found on Pleasure Island remains unidentified

How could she lay in the middle of the road so long to where she could be so badly decomposed without anyone finding her? Being from Texas with this heat and her wearing a sweater in June means shes been out there for a long while.

Living in SE TX the interiors of some office buildings are kept so cold in the summer you can easily wear a sweater or sweatshirt. My husband and I wear sweatshirts in the grocery. Could easily wear a light sweater in my building and if I have to go to our other office I definitely dress warm. Also sweater dresses are still popular in the summer I think, based on the few locations I go. I find it hard to believe office personnel wouldn’t be reported missing at this point though.

I hate to sound morbid but I wonder if she was intact. This is near Beaumont, where my own theory of the guy who has beheaded the two women and disposed of their heads by bridges. Hasn’t been proven linked but Beaumont is about halfway between those two cases.

This article says she was laying in the middle of the road. Was she killed somewhere else and then dumped? If he was driving to pick up his wife like it says, when was the last time he drove down the road?

JP: Woman found dead on Pleasure Island died of blunt force trauma to the head.

Nvm..blunt force trauma to the head would indicate she still had a head. Still wonder if it’s the same guy though.

How could she lay in the middle of the road so long to where she could be so badly decomposed without anyone finding her? Being from Texas with this heat and her wearing a sweater in June means shes been out there for a long while.

possibly or freezer and dumped / we just dont know yet. but a sweater in Texas , had to be in the winter ! its hotter than the Sun here !

Living in SE TX the interiors of some office buildings are kept so cold in the summer you can easily wear a sweater or sweatshirt. My husband and I wear sweatshirts in the grocery. Could easily wear a light sweater in my building and if I have to go to our other office I definitely dress warm. Also sweater dresses are still popular in the summer I think, based on the few locations I go. I find it hard to believe office personnel wouldn’t be reported missing at this point though.

I hate to sound morbid but I wonder if she was intact. This is near Beaumont, where my own theory of the guy who has beheaded the two women and disposed of their heads by bridges. Hasn’t been proven linked but Beaumont is about halfway between those two cases.

It's reported that she died from blunt force trauma to her head. I think we can conclude the head was on the body. JMO.

This article says she was laying in the middle of the road. Was she killed somewhere else and then dumped? If he was driving to pick up his wife like it says, when was the last time he drove down the road?

JP: Woman found dead on Pleasure Island died of blunt force trauma to the head.

JMO, but it sounds as if he doesn't usually take that route. See this quote:
"The man who reported the body said he saw the remains lying in the middle of a gravel road as he was taking a shortcut to pick his wife up from work."
More than a week after discovery, body found on Pleasure Island remains unidentified

JMO, but it sounds as if he doesn't usually take that route. See this quote:
"The man who reported the body said he saw the remains lying in the middle of a gravel road as he was taking a shortcut to pick his wife up from work."
I was thinking about that. There are some “short cuts” I use around here if traffic is particularly bad on the regular routes. I bet some of those I only get down every 3-6 months, maybe even less.

This article says he was “joy riding”. Also says no one lives on the road. Just not sure if she was that badly decomposed how he would see a tattoo.

“When asked if some of the decomposition could be the result of exposure, Blitch said there are "an array of animals" living in the area near where the body was found, including "alligators, dogs and pigs."

PAPD: Body found on Pleasure Island

This article says he was “joy riding”. Also says no one lives on the road. Just not sure if she was that badly decomposed how he would see a tattoo.

“When asked if some of the decomposition could be the result of exposure, Blitch said there are "an array of animals" living in the area near where the body was found, including "alligators, dogs and pigs."

PAPD: Body found on Pleasure Island

This is also says she was in a ditch off a gravel path. That makes a lot more sense than a long time decomposed body found in the middle of a road. I couldn't picture a road that anyone would use for a shortcut but that no one would actually go down for months either.

you are spot on on that though , I have one on now and its at least 98 right now w/ 80% humidity

The color of skin changes during decomp which can make race identification more difficult. Also, it says she had blunt force trauma to the head. I wonder if her face was damaged/obscured by that injury? Sorry to be gruesome, but it may be that they are working with mummified or partially skeletonized remains. I agree about the hair and height-- those and other things like what she was wearing should be easy to observe. Hopefully they will release more details and a sketch of her, if they cannot identify her.

LE often waits for the coroner/medical examiner's report. In some states they're required to and in others it's just the practice. We've seen a lot of cases where the preliminary information turns out to be wrong, so it's better to be sure.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back