Welcome To Websleuths # 2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird. Others have "followed" me recently so I don't know why you can't. I get an alert when someone follows. Let me play with my settings. I haven't blocked you (at least not on purpose).

Hmm I am getting sudden feeling that it might be something due to website Region settings and this funny new EU laws. I really hope not.

Did any of your new followers were from outside of US?

I don't do follow or add friends often so I am just guessing here. But with so many problems due to this new EU laws (not being able to read now US news articles etc) I would not be surprised.

Hmm I am getting sudden feeling that it might be something due to website Region settings and this funny new EU laws. I really hope not.

Did any of your new followers were from outside of US?

I don't do follow or add friends often so I am just guessing here. But with so many problems due to this new EU laws (not being able to read now US news articles etc) I would not be surprised.

Hmmm... I'm not sure. Does anyone know how I can see a list of who is following me? I thought I saw a list at one point but right now I can only find who I am following. Have you had trouble following anyone else on the forum Al Ka?

Wow, hiding under blanket now. I have to admit I am being very blond. I just did left click on the username instead of my usual right click and Yes, small screen popped up!
Little pop up screen that Jax was seeing with follow and ignore button .

Only 20 min and I learned how to follow lol. Thank you all! :)
Gardener, you are now Followed lol. (that sounds proper creepy).

Last edited:
Wow, hiding under blanket now. I have to admit I am being very blond. I just did left click on the username instead of my usual right click and Yes, small screen popped up!
Little pop up screen that Jax was seeing with follow and ignore button .

Only 20 min and I learned how to follow lol. Thank you all! :)

Glad you figured it out. :)

Hmmm... I'm not sure. Does anyone know how I can see a list of who is following me? I thought I saw a list at one point but right now I can only find who I am following. Have you had trouble following anyone else on the forum Al Ka?

When I look at my profile there are two lists on the left side - Following and Followers.

ETA: Maybe your privacy setting is affecting the display?

Last edited:
Sorry, that was from earlier and for some reason it never did work. I didn't realize it was attached to this post.

Ok, thanks.

ETA: Suddenly I see both lists there again. I didn't change anything. Weird. :confused:

Well, I am trying everything. I even installed a new browser that I needed to work with a block that doesn't seem to be fully working still. But, the cool thing is this Samsung browser had a button called "night mode" and look at the site, now! I'm keeping it on night mode!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-06-21-23-05-27.png
    Screenshot_2018-06-21-23-05-27.png
    288 KB · Views: 25
Oh. And a big problem with needing to download things is that my phone is always full! It doesn't even allow for a photo, most of the time. I have deleted everything I can! So it's much easier to say just download xyz than it is to do it. Verizon and samsung force the download of mass amounts of apps that I will never use but can't delete.

Hey Everyone,

We have not forgotten you. I am on the road but tomorrow (Friday) I will get with Dave and see if these issues can be fixed or adjusted.
Thank you very much for your patience.

Tricia

Oh. And a big problem with needing to download things is that my phone is always full! It doesn't even allow for a photo, most of the time. I have deleted everything I can! So it's much easier to say just download xyz than it is to do it. Verizon and samsung force the download of mass amounts of apps that I will never use but can't delete.

I have a Samsung too and my downloads messed up some time ago. They download but always fail now. It is a S3 mini - quite old so am probably gonna have to upgrade at some point. :-(

Well I haven’t a clue what I’ve done but I’ve fiddled with my settings and I’m not seeing the video ads anymore. The whole site is running a lot smoother for me now. Not sure if it’s me or the work being done on the site. I’m still seeing ads but it’s not interfering with me using the site anymore.

Hi Everyone,

I hear you all on the complaints. My computer screen is half gone due to it being accidentally dropped so I'm doing the best I can to try and make sure I haven't missed anything.
For now, the big issues are:

The ad size not working on your phone. Can someone please describe the what exactly happens on your phone when you log in and see the ads?

The video commercials draining your battery and making your phone hot.

The video ads making it too difficult to maneuver around the forums due to lag time.

I am putting these complaints on the top of the list for Dave.

Thank you for your patience.

Well, glad to see it is not my iPad! I am ready to throw it across the room and then stomp on it!!!!!

It freezes up, it will not scroll down showing a gray area, refusing to budge.

It decides what word I am typing and politely type the word or punctuation at its choice.

To correct a mistake, it is impossible to control the backspace - it takes out lines with one stroke of the back key.

A monster has control of my iPad! I can not control anything. At times, it won’t load anything on WS. This is the only place I .have a problem. To get a post posted, takes numerous attempts plus trillions of patience.

HELP?

Tricia, I don’t use my phone, only iPad so cannot answer your questions regarding the problems with phone.

Tricia, I don’t use my phone, only iPad so cannot answer your questions regarding the problems with phone.
Hey no worries. So it is happening on your iPads too correct? I did read that a few people have Samsung phones and it is causing problems for them too.

We can trace back the problem with the battery drain and the overheating to the video ads is that correct?

Thanks again for your patience and help.
Tricia

Well, glad to see it is not my iPad! I am ready to throw it across the room and then stomp on it!!!!!

It freezes up, it will not scroll down showing a gray area, refusing to budge.

It decides what word I am typing and politely type the word or punctuation at its choice.

To correct a mistake, it is impossible to control the backspace - it takes out lines with one stroke of the back key.

A monster has control of my iPad! I can not control anything. At times, it won’t load anything on WS. This is the only place I .have a problem. To get a post posted, takes numerous attempts plus trillions of patience.

HELP?

My IPhone is doing the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members